• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Bringing it Home - TGS and X06 Style

C4Lukins said:
I am not really expecting any megatons. Possibly a new Rare game, and some more Halo 3 footage, plus a bunch of new arcade announcements is all. The majority of MS's heavy hitters have not come out yet, so they can wait until E3 to start announcing a bunch of new games.

E3 aye?

Bringing it home has been dissapointing as hell so far. Microsoft has a nice infrastructure to get us content, but keep dropping the ball.

Dissapointing is the only way to explain it. Here is hoping they deliver nicely at X06 to make up for it.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
BudokaiMR2 said:
Bringing it home has been dissapoint as hell so far. Microsoft has a nice infrastructure to get us content, but keep dropping the ball.

Dissapointing is the only way to explain it. Here is hoping they deliver nicely at X06 to make up for it.

Xbox 360 marketplace has been a joke in Japan for a while. They get a demo once every few months at best.

Im guessing x06 will have alot more English trailers, even of stuff we saw at TGS. So, we may wind up getting these same trailers at x06. Why wouldnt Microsoft want to pimp their own event more than TGS?

Im hoping for alot of trailers of upcoming releases and a few demos. Im also expecting an emphasis on releases coming out in the next 6 months and little in the way of new games aside from some announcements.

ALSO, I WANT MY MOTHER ****ING LO AND BLUE DRAGON DEMOS.

StoOgE said:
Xbox 360 marketplace has been a joke in Japan for a while. They get a demo once every few months at best.

Im guessing x06 will have alot more English trailers, even of stuff we saw at TGS. So, we may wind up getting these same trailers at x06. Why wouldnt Microsoft want to pimp their own event more than TGS?

Im hoping for alot of trailers of upcoming releases and a few demos. Im also expecting an emphasis on releases coming out in the next 6 months and little in the way of new games aside from some announcements.

ALSO, I WANT MY MOTHER ****ING LO AND BLUE DRAGON DEMOS.

Yeah I dunno, it would just be nice if they understood how to spread the love around. We should have gotten demos/vids of all the RPG games right after their conference. And then we should have gotten all the gears of war type stuff from X06.

But whatever, just gotta hope they don't fall on their face.

GhaleonEB

BudokaiMR2 said:
Yeah I dunno, it would just be nice if they understood how to spread the love around. We should have gotten demos/vids of all the RPG games right after their conference. And then we should have gotten all the gears of war type stuff from X06.

But whatever, just gotta hope they don't fall on their face.
The show didn't start until today. Let's see what goes up tonight.

duckroll

Chiggs said:
-100 Wit

-10,000 Funny

Yeah, while there are all these awesome trailers and demos out there, today MS is going to BRING HOME the Fusion Frenzy 2 demo and trailers for Live Arcade games and Full Auto! Damage control that! :p

Chiggs

Gold Member
duckroll said:
Yeah, while there are all these awesome trailers and demos out there, today MS is going to BRING HOME the Fusion Frenzy 2 demo and trailers for Live Arcade games and Full Auto! Damage control that! :p

Well, at least give them a week.

GhaleonEB

duckroll said:
It's the first day of the show, man. First day. Chill.

And none of that justifies the "pushing me to PS3" comment, which is just testicle sauce.

duckroll said:

Hey wait, whoa. Really? A Fusion Frenzy demo? That's pretty cool. I'd sort of given up hope on a Lost Odyssey or Blue Dragon demo when Sakaguchi said he was working on the sound until 1 am the night before.

duckroll

GhaleonEB said:
And none of that justifies the "pushing me to PS3" comment, which is just testicle sauce.

Well hey I already have a Xbox360! I'm not allowed to have another console? :D

Trusty Bell demo PLEASE NAMCO?!

Speevy

Banned
duckroll said:
MS sure is bringing it home, they're bringing the PS3 closer to my home! :lol

Well, coming up with an idea that gamers can actually understand and relate to just isn't that exciting I guess.

GhaleonEB

duckroll said:
Well hey I already have a Xbox360! I'm not allowed to have another console? :D

Trusty Bell demo PLEASE NAMCO?!
I still don't get how not putting up demos/trailers fast enough is pushing you towards a PS3. All those details on the PS3 online service revealed tonight must have done it. :p

duckroll

GhaleonEB said:
I still don't get how not putting up demos/trailers fast enough is pushing you towards a PS3. All those details on the PS3 online service revealed tonight must have done it. :p

Hey I didn't say anything about pushing! I was talking about BRINGING! :lol

EDF3 demo, please Sandlot? Please?????

Acosta

Well, at least give them a week.

Sorry (and sorry Arne), but it´s absolutely stupid not profiting marketplace for demos of some big japanese title in middle of a TGS, where everyone is paying attention, letting PS3 get all the spotlight. There is no reason why some of the demos present in TGS doen´t appear in marketplace,

It´s a missed chance, X06 or not.

Gaijin To Ronin said:
Sorry (and sorry Arne), but it´s absolutely stupid not profiting marketplace for demos of some big japanese title in middle of a TGS, where everyone is paying attention, letting PS3 get all the spotlight. There is no reason why some of the demos present in TGS doen´t appear in marketplace,

QFT.

GreekWolf

Gaijin To Ronin said:

I dunno, I kinda disagree.

It really doesn't matter what Microsoft brings to the table at TGS. This is Sony's show and they are going to dominate no matter what. I mean look at Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Trusty Bell... those are three MAJOR titles that are already getting swept away by the influx of PS3 content at the show.

In another week, the frenzy will have died down and X06 will be the time for all the major announcements Microsoft wants to focus on. That's when I'm expecting lots of goodies on Live. :)

GreekWolf said:

It really doesn't matter what Microsoft brings to the table at TGS. This is Sony's show and they are going to dominate no matter what. I mean look at Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Trusty Bell... those are three MAJOR titles that are already getting swept away by the influx of PS3 content at the show.

In another week, the frenzy will have died down and X06 will be the time for all the major announcements Microsoft wants to focus on. That's when I'm expecting lots of goodies on Live. :)

90 Minute Wait For Blue Dragon Says "It's Not All Bad."

duckroll

GreekWolf said:

If you're wrong, I'm ripping the head off my Ernie plushie. :(

arne

GreekWolf said:

I don't think those major titles are being swept away, they would be swept away if they didn't show up.

but, just as tgs is sony's show, x06 is MS's show. its not like we didn't know that going into it.

those jrpgs aren't going anywhere though, don't worry so much :)

Brashnir

duckroll said:

How many of these demos and trailers have you downloaded on the PS3? Most of the stuff on the net right now is cam footage. you want shaky cam footage on XBLM?

Acosta

Those big games would make a much better impact if they were in Marketplace, yes or yes?

There is nothing to disagree here, the image of the company would be much better with those games in marketplace now, especially as they had a chance of doing something that the videos of ps3 footage can´t do: letting every player in the world experience them, and not just the people inside TGS.

There is nothing to spin here: Demos are better than nothing, and I can´t think on a serious reason why they are not avaliable.

but, just as tgs is sony's show, x06 is MS's show. its not like we didn't know that going into it.

With that mentality, MS won´t go very far in Japan. The mantra should be: the TGS is OUR show and the X06 too, and put the resources for making it. TGS is not closed to only PS3 products as it is X06 for 360.

duckroll

GhaleonEB said:
so arne, did you guys give on tonight or something? anything going up today?

Try checking again in 2 hours 20 mins. That's when daily updates have been going up every day so far.

arne

Gaijin To Ronin said:
With that mentality, MS won´t go very far in Japan. The mantra should be: the TGS is OUR show and the X06 too, and put the resources for making it. TGS is not closed to only PS3 products as it is X06 for 360.

i can't say that was the mentality. I was just trying to reflect the "fact" here. Sony's been holding everything until TGS. that was an unavoidable fact.

GhaleonEB

arne said:
i can't say that was the mentality. I was just trying to reflect the "fact" here. Sony's been holding everything until TGS. that was an unavoidable fact.
This is true. It must be frustrating watching all the bruhaha while holding back for X06.

Almost as frustrating as waiting for the best of TGS from Microsoft - Trusty Bell, Lost Planet, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon - to go up on Live. :)

Seriously - I can't think of a single reason NOT to put the trailers up.

arne

GhaleonEB said:
This is true. It must be frustrating watching all the bruhaha while holding back for X06.

Almost as frustrating as waiting for the best of TGS from Microsoft - Trusty Bell, Lost Planet, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon - to go up on Live. :)

Seriously - I can't think of a single reason NOT to put the trailers up.

trailers will happen. sigh.

as for demos Gaijin to Ronin. BD wasn't a demo, that was a full game that they played a part of. there was no BD demo released. so at least for that, wasn't possible. no idea on any of the rest of the titles.

duckroll

Bringing it Home - Day 3
The following content is now available on the Xbox Live Marketplace. Items with a * are Japan only.

Trailers
Portal

Demo
Fusion Frenzy 2

Video
TGS Showfloor video 1
TGS Showfloor video Day 1*
GM Sensui Interview*
Xbox Live The Party #1*
Xbox Live The Party #2*
Xbox Live The Party #3*
Xbox Live The Party #4*

duckroll

Riddler said:
I dont see the frenzy demo :( anyone downloading it?

Only Portal and the Live The Party videos are up now. The showfloor video, the interview and the demo will probably go up a little later. Maybe an hour, maybe a little later in the evening (for those of us actually in asia).

Acosta

Arne said:
as for demos Gaijin to Ronin. BD wasn't a demo, that was a full game that they played a part of. there was no BD demo released. so at least for that, wasn't possible. no idea on any of the rest of the titles.

But Microsoft has a demo on TGS, right? (people are standing in long queues for playing). They are demos of Trusty Bell I believe, and not sure about Lost oddissey.

The great deal of the E3 is that Microsoft brought high quality stuff to marketplace, including some fantastic demos no one was expecting. Playing Lost Demo in the comfortability of your home was a much better experience than doing the same in Convention Center.

Just one, Blue Dragon or Lost Oddissey, one higly expected demo of a japanese game in marketplace would have done wonders image wise. You have a lot of games to hype in X06, and I expect you save the big guns for it of course, but in a TGS, with everyone looking to it, would have been the best moment to hype much more some of the japanese game.

Understand me well Arne, it´s a positive critic I´m doing your company as user and journalist, I´m not driven by a desire to attack Microsoft or anything like that . Maybe you have other plan, but as far as I see it, you could have had two marketing bangs in marketplace, instead of just one.

Top Bottom