• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yooka-Laylee Toybox being released for applicable backers today

TimmiT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brXZSskQd0k

As promised in our campaign, the Toybox isn’t a traditional ‘demo’, but a self-contained, spoiler-free sandbox designed to give Yooka-Laylee backers a taste of the platforming to come in the final game. There are moves to try, custom-built props to play with, secrets to discover and yes, shiny collectibles to hunt out and we’ve even included a never-before-seen NPC to chatter with, but it’s only a small sample of the finished production – and visually it’s incomparable.

Our intention with the Toybox is to offer our loyal backers the chance to be the first people outside Playtonic to try out Yooka-Laylee’s core mechanics, and we’ll also be gathering your feedback on stuff like controls, cameras and movement.

More info here.

Everyone who backed at least £20 will get a code. If you backed at least £35 you'll get an add-on code with extra stuff for the Toybox.

maxcriden

Wonderful news. Can't wait to read thoughts and impressions!

tumblr_nnolqum6L81tliyz4o6_500.gif

TheMink

Good on them for making it such a low backer entry.

I imagine in would be tempting to just make it a high teir reward so you dont get droves of people complaining about a pre pre alpha state of a game.
Shows confidence in their product, I like it.

Dunkley

Would love to try this out if anyone has a second code to spare. edit: Woops, nevermind me.

I didn't get a code but eh if you got one to spare toss them to some of the other Gaffers in this thread first since knowing it'll be good from the impressions I read makes me more than happy to just wait for the full game. Good job Playtonic, and have fun everyone!

TimmiT

Urr, misread the blog post and people aren't getting a second code to give away. Rather people get a second code with extra stuff for the Toybox. Fixed the OP.

Fantastic! This is my first time taking part in Kickstarting a game, so it's also my first time getting access to a backer's early version of a game.

I didn't go for the Toybox Plus tier, so I'll have to check out some video of what that combat and extra area content is like.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I went for Toybox+, thought the link to backerkit doesn't work for me on the email so I've no idea if I'm on there/if my email is current...

Was backerkit also what they used for you to tell them what version of the game you wanted?

bumpkin

I have no idea if my tier includes this or not. I guess I'll find out if I get an email with a download code sometime in the next day or two!

rardk64

I'll correct my earlier message by adding that technically it's available on PC, Linux and Mac. But no consoles for the ToyBox.

rardk64

I noticed some people asking about this yesterday, so take note of this from the OP link:

Can I stream or capture video of the Toybox?
Yes, go nuts. Bonus points if you do it in your pants.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Got my code, thanks for above for linking the working backerkit link.

Do you need to register both the regular Playbox and the Playbox+ code to get access to plus, or just the plus code?

Sydle

Got my code, thanks for above for linking the working backerkit link.

Do you need to register both the regular Playbox and the Playbox+ code to get access to plus, or just the plus code?

Both, the second code is just an add-on. It won't let you redeem the add-on until you've activated the first code.

Camjo-Z

I'll correct my earlier message by adding that technically it's available on PC, Linux and Mac. But no consoles for the ToyBox.

oh what the fuck

When it said PC only on the Kickstarter I didn't realize they meant Mac too, I would have totally jumped on that...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What if I didn’t back the Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter? Can I buy the Toybox?
We currently have no plans to make the Toybox available to non-backers.

Pity. Temporarily reopening slacker pledges would probably result in a fair chunk of change. I'd pledge, for one, since the toybox is seemingly a separate app.

Top Bottom