• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yooka-Laylee Toybox being released for applicable backers today

Natiko

Banned
Wish I'd backed at a higher tier now, didn't realize the demo was going to be a section not in the final game.

kubus

Fuck I'm so sad right now :( I pledged £80 when the kickstarter launched because I loved everything about Yooka-Laylee and playing Banjo Kazooie with my dad is one of the fondest memories I have of my childhood.

I was so excited by this news that I went to check for the toybox code and saw on backerkit that my pledge amount is £5. I was like "wtf that cant be right"

I check my emails and sure enough, I find the confirmation mail that I pledged £80. Almost ready to start e-mailing people to ask why the hell it says £5, I decide to check my creditcard history, and yup... £5 again...

I dug deeper in my inbox and found an e-mail from june 2015 saying "Success! Your pledge amount has been changed!" and then it hit me. I was on an exchange to Japan last year, and I was nearly broke so I had to change my pledge amount to come by.

Fuck. This is really the worst. All this time I thought I was getting a boxed physical edition, access to the toybox, and more and now I get nothing.

I already texted my dad that we could play the toybox when he gets home from work today.

Is there really no way to upgrade your pledge now? :(((( fuuuuuuckkkk

Fuck I'm so sad right now :( I pledged £80 when the kickstarter launched because I loved everything about Yooka-Laylee and playing Banjo Kazooie with my dad is one of the fondest memories I have of my childhood.

I was so excited by this news that I went to check for the toybox code and saw on backerkit that my pledge amount is £5. I was like "wtf that cant be right"

I check my emails and sure enough, I find the confirmation mail that I pledged £80. Almost ready to start e-mailing people to ask why the hell it says £5, I decide to check my creditcard history, and yup... £5 again...

I dug deeper in my inbox and found an e-mail from june 2015 saying "Success! Your pledge amount has been changed!" and then it hit me. I was on an exchange to Japan last year, and I was nearly broke so I had to change my pledge amount to come by.

Fuck. This is really the worst. All this time I thought I was getting a boxed physical edition, access to the toybox, and more and now I get nothing.

I already texted my dad that we could play the toybox when he gets home from work today.

Is there really no way to upgrade your pledge now? :(((( fuuuuuuckkkk

Do you want my code for the toybox? I can send you a PM.

Anybody wanna sell their Toybox and Toybox+ codes? Same story as kubus for me. I thought I had pledged enough to get the Toybox+, but it turns out I forgot that I lowered my pledge later.

kubus

Do you want my code for the toybox? I can send you a PM.
Oh man, I really didn't mean to stealth beg for a code with my sad story (I just really wanted to rant) but damn that is a tempting offer....

Thank you so much, that's really kind of you to offer your single code to a random person on the internet. Of course I would be overjoyed if I would still be able to play the toybox but I will refuse if you were looking forward to playing it yourself! I mean ultimately it's my own stupid fault I missed the tier. Or I could pay you for it or something?

Oh man, I really didn't mean to stealth beg for a code with my sad story (I just really wanted to rant) but damn that is a tempting offer....

Thank you so much, that's really kind of you to offer your single code to a random person on the internet. Of course I would be overjoyed if I would still be able to play the toybox but I will refuse if you were looking forward to playing it yourself! I mean ultimately it's my own stupid fault I missed the tier. Or I could pay you for it or something?

Just sent you a PM

Camjo-Z

I too will pay for codes if anyone for some reason doesn't want to play a beta for the best looking 3D platformer in years.

Steam Store Page is Up!

6630ed0f61d88650d28b461b93207b0d.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/426750

Anth0ny

what tier did you need to enter to get this? I forgot how much I paid.

oh shit I did 80 euros, I should get this right? via email?

bumpkin

Anyone down to spare a steam code please? I'm running OSX.
I've been under the impression that it's PC-only. I use VMWare Fusion on my Mac and have a Windows 7 virtual machine. I'm not particularly confident that it's going to have the umph to run the Toybox though. The backer demos for Mighty No. 9 were borderline unplayable (ran sub 30fps on Low settings) and the Bloodstained demo wouldn't run at all.

I got my codes, but now I'm kind of confused that I got two; Toybox and Toybox Plus.

EDIT: I didn't see the OP edit that it's also available for Mac and Linux. Sweet!

SECOND EDIT: I was looking at the FAQs and spotted this:

MAC OS: 10.9.5 Processor: Intel i5 @ 2.7GHz Memory: 8GB Graphics: GeForce 640M / ATI Radeon HD5750 Storage: 1GB available space Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card Additional Notes: Please be aware that the game does not support integrated video cards such as Intel. We recommend playing this game with a PS4 controller.
Fuck. My MacBook Pro has an integrated Intel video chip. That sucks ass.

I've been under the impression that it's PC-only. I use VMWare Fusion on my Mac and have a Windows 7 virtual machine. I'm not particularly confident that it's going to have the umph to run the Toybox though. The backer demos for Mighty No. 9 was borderline unplayable (ran sub 30fps on Low settings) and the Bloodstained demo wouldn't run at all).

I got my codes, but now I'm kind of confused that I got two; Toybox and Toybox Plus.

The Toybox Plus has some extra content that the regular one doesn't

I've been under the impression that it's PC-only. I use VMWare Fusion on my Mac and have a Windows 7 virtual machine. I'm not particularly confident that it's going to have the umph to run the Toybox though. The backer demos for Mighty No. 9 were borderline unplayable (ran sub 30fps on Low settings) and the Bloodstained demo wouldn't run at all.

EDIT: I didn't see the OP edit that it's also available for Mac and Linux. Sweet!

Toybox Plus is add on content for the regular Toybox for anyone who backed at a high enough tier for it.

Sydle

Not sure if it was just my Xbox One controller, but I was stuck in ball mode until I went to options and checked Win 10 + Xbox One controller.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Having a store page for something that won't be purchasable is rather... pointless (a store page doesn't need to be active for the Steam Community hub to be accessible). Perhaps it's not a separate app after all and will transmogrify into Yooka-Laylee proper as development progresses, just like, well, virtually every game with pre-release access.

Having a store page for something that won't be purchasable is rather... pointless (a store page doesn't need to be active for the Steam Community hub to be accessible). Perhaps it's not a separate app after all and will transmogrify into Yooka-Laylee proper as development progresses, just like, well, virtually every game with pre-release access.

It kinda does, System Shock had one as well and it confused me at first because that was the pre-alpha demo

Got my code, can't wait to check it out after work. I have to say that I love the way the game has been handled, from the initial campaign to the updates to the interviews and everything else. It's refreshing how enthusiastic and transparent they are about the development process.

Exuro

fuuu it sounds like it's going out in waves. Was hoping I could jump on and grab the code. Now to be envious of everyone that gets theirs before me. :(

Edit: Nevermind, had to recover my survey account and the codes were there!

dysonEA

Anyone else getting Windows defender freaking out about Toybox64.exe after installing this? Seems to think its installing a trojan:Win32/Maltule.C!cl

Should I be worried? or allow this anyways.

Today might be a good day to drop the 1070 in to replace my 580 lightning xe. This is a good excuse since it's sat unopened in a box for two weeks.

Peff

Looks like this is the new character they mention. It appears
in a secret room with effects that might point to either power-ups or level settings.

FTtkW12.png

Sydle

Got all 100 quills and the page, but I have to go to work now so I'll have to find the other stuff later : /

Top Bottom