• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

11 minutes of The Order 1886 gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only complaint about the video is that the framerate is making me nauseous. Really weird. I almost got like motion sickness or something.

Game4life

Banned
Puppeteer and Tearaway are amazing! Never failed to put a smile on my face. Especially Tearaway. Anyways that is besides the point. Talking about pointless Xbox one exclusives or Nintendo exclusives or Playstation exclusives is not the focus of this thread.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Has this thread really moved on to a 'why I think Sony exclusives suck' discussion? I mean, really?

Zefah, you're the same guy who called The Order 1886 a movie and not a game in a previous thread. There's this constant foray of incendiary comments and opinions coming from you. I really don't even see what difference you disliking every PS4 exclusive makes to the discussion regarding The Order 1886….

I definitely regret making that hyperbolic statement now! Please do remember that it was in comparison to Bloodborne, which is pretty all gameplay and interactive exploration and combat in which the player has complete control over the character.

Just to clear the record, too, I don't think Sony exclusives suck at all. Stuff like Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, The Last of Us, and Journey are some of my favorite games ever. That's just from PS3, too. I think Driveclub is pretty great on PS4.

Anyway, I'll just stop talking about my skepticism of The Order. Hopefully it turns out that it was completely unnecessary and the game ends up being great. I'd definitely prefer that scenario to the alternative! We'll all know soon enough!

If nothing else, it looks like RE4 will finally be dethroned when it comes to amazing reload animations!

prwxv3

I definitely regret making that hyperbolic statement now! Please do remember that it was in comparison to Bloodborne, which is pretty all gameplay and interactive exploration and combat in which the player has complete control over the character.

Just to clear the record, too, I don't think Sony exclusives suck at all. Stuff like Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, The Last of Us, and Journey are some of my favorite games ever. That's just from PS3, too. I think Driveclub is pretty great on PS4.

Anyway, I'll just stop talking about my skepticism of The Order. Hopefully it turns out that it was completely unnecessary and the game ends up being great. I'd definitely prefer that scenario to the alternative! We'll all know soon enough!

If nothing else, it looks like RE4 will finally be dethroned when it comes to amazing reload animations!

Sorry but even when you compare it to bloodborne it is a stupid comment.

Skimmed through it, didn't want to spoil. Was hoping for some actual fights but the game looks fantastic. Waiting on game length/replayability to decide when I'm going to pick it up.

Respawn

Banned
Galahad-HUGAH.gif

Good Lord man

longdi

Banned
This game is the real next gen level shit. Lives up to the early video trailers, basically we are getting PS2 CGI videos in realtime now! o_O

Dudes asking for more gameplay or where the gameplay is. Its over.

They've showed like more than half of Chapter 5 during PSX and a chunk of Chapter 3 was that demo they kept showing for like 8 months. That's two parts of the game where the action is in full swing. What you see is what you get and if you're feeling iffy on what you've seen then the game probably isn't for you.
Source on that?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Call me crazy, but I'm stoked for an offline, corridor, story based 3rd person shooter!

All the emphasis these days on online and open world play has me bored.

Nope. Definitely not the only one. I'm super excited for The Order for those reasons as well. Enough with social features, online this, online that, etc. Give me a solid single-player experience, and let the story blow me away.

I gather, The Order will deliver on those fronts, and I wouldn't be surprised if I don't agree with our review, too. ;)

There's definitely a narrative that the PS4 doesn't have any good exclusives.

I kind of agreed until Driveclub, but a lot of people seem down on that one, too. I didn't buy it until a couple of weeks ago, though, so I missed the launch troubles.

Still, though. Killzone and Knack were pretty bad to mediocre. InFamous was a beautiful game, but I found it to be extremely boring. I don't know anyone who played the PS4 Little Big Planet and I've no interest in it, either. Combine that with Sony's other first party output in recent years--stuff like Puppeteer, Tearaway, God of War: Ascension, Beyond: Two Souls--and you've got a bit of a pattern of beautiful but boring-as-hell games. I think it's understandable that a lot of people are a bit skeptical when it's not Gran Turismo or a game with Naughty Dog at the helm.

Such elitist trite that tries to make a definitive statement about what a game should be solely based on the writer's own taste.

Lemondish

Threads on Sony exclusives always seem to bring out the crazies. I love it.

Back to the Order: I'm a little disappointed that there isn't any multiplayer given that awesome shotgun gif. The hilarity that would ensue playing with my mates would have just made this game even better. Let's hope for some fantastic multiplayer action for the sequel.

Maybe you should just move on and discuss the OTHER games that you ARE excited for?

You know, that's probably good advice, but this forum would be dead if everyone followed it.
Or maybe it would be a better place. I don't go shitting up threads for games I don't care about or that I'm not interested in because I don't see a reason to rain on anyone's parade. There's no point in reiterating the same thoughts on every thread on a game, especially one you don't even like/want in the first place.

sn00zer

Only thing Im worried about aspect ratio-wise is remote play on Vita.....not a lot a screen space to begin with....on TV though itll be fine

Or maybe it would be a better place. I don't go shitting up threads for games I don't care about or that I'm not interested in because I don't see a reason to rain on anyone's parade. There's no point in reiterating the same thoughts on every thread on a game, especially one you don't even like/want in the first place.
Amen.

If people think your favorite game looks shitty, don't expect others to censor themselves on a message board. I get tired of reading the same posters orgasming over nothing again and again, but I don't expect them to stop posting. If you can't handle negativity then close the browser.

You know, that's probably good advice, but this forum would be dead if everyone followed it.

Gaming is a medium which allows a lot of diversity, and fortunately there are a lot of talented developers who work on different outputs of play to nurture diversity and provide a variety of game experiences for different people.

Making a post which calls Knack, Killzone, inFamous, Puppeteer, Tearaway, God of War: Ascension, Beyond: Two Souls "boring-as-hell" is nothing but obtuse and short-sighted as to what gaming is and the different experiences it provides for people.

To make the thread kind of move back on track:

Does anyone have any impressions from the people that have played the full game? No spoilers of course but just kind of how they feel about it.

Obviously, not the greatest indicator of things but it would be nice to read up on some impressions to make the wait easier.

Such elitist trite that tries to make a definitive statement about what a game should be solely based on the writer's own taste.

What he/she should do instead? Create a thread and make that post the OP? No one would care and thread would go no where. "I don't like [Insert games] funded coincidentally from [Insert specific publisher] because [insert reasons]" Is the definition of boredom and wouldn't create any discussion as a thread starter. Instead, the reaction would be bigger if you post it in an unrelated existing thread and cause a derail.

JordanN

Banned
It's a triple barrelled shotgun with explosive rounds.
I'm not a physics major, but I don't think that's possible.

I would expect his body to slam against a wall or to be obliterated. Where's the force coming from to propel him up?

hydruxo

I'm not a physics major, but I don't think that's possible.

I would expect his body to slam against a wall or to be obliterated. Where's the force coming from to propel him up?

I'd imagine a triple barrelled shotgun with explosive rounds would have quite alot of lift to whatever it hits. That's alot of firepower, hence why the recoil is so high when he shoots it.

If people think your favorite game looks shitty, don't expect others to censor themselves on a message board. I get tired of reading the same posters orgasming over nothing again and again, but I don't expect them to stop posting. If you can't handle negativity then close the browser.
The only thing worse than someone being annoyed at someone shitting on something they like is someone who gets annoyed at someone who likes something they dont.

Anyways, all this bickering sucks. Love you guys.

Bring on the 20th!

JordanN

Banned
I'd imagine a triple barrelled shotgun with explosive rounds would have quite alot of lift to whatever it hits. That's alot of firepower, hence why the recoil is so high when he shoots it.

I don't think I've seen RPG's that sends someone 2 feet in the air. A shotgun with that amount of power would disintegrate in his hands.

But whatever. I'll file it under "game logic".

The game is what it is. When you made your point it isn't for you, why is it necessary to do it everytime a new thread pops up? If you are not interested in the game, what purpose does it serve to keep saying "I hate this game". Who are you trying to impress?

Game looks fantastic! I can't wait! It's also not a surprise that there are so many negative posts. It seems that Sony exclusives live on the blood of haters.

Sid

The PS4 exclusives I've played have been complete shit and they're the only reason why I bought this piece of junk.While the upcoming Blooborne and Uncharted 4 look promising this game isn't quite peaking my interest besides its graphics.

jiiikoo

Banned

Well, this is a The Order 1886 thread so one would assume that the people who are interested in the game would populate said thread.

Nothing wrong in thinking the game isn't for you, but I myself would appreciate if you atleast tried explaining why it was boring, instead of just saying it without any context. But thats just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom