• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

11 minutes of The Order 1886 gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony releases one million exclusives every year, & unlike Nintendo & Microsoft, they're usually not aimed at the same demographic, in the same time span you mentioned, Sony released The Last of Us & Gran Turismo 6, both excellent games to the NeoGAF demographic, while the other games appeal to different demographics, Team ICO games aren't made for everyone, they're made for a specific demographic, while Killzone is made for the dudebro demographic (it is still the best selling exclusive between XB1 & PS4), Tearaway & Puppeteer also appeal to a completely different demographic. GoW's gameplay was as solid as the other games in the series, it just had inconsequential plot, which was what made it mediocre.

If Sont went the Nintendo/MS route of consolidating their exclusives with the same demographic, I'd stop being a Sony fan & game on PC instead, I game on PS4 because Sony tends to fund quirky games that barely sell & don't appeal to the general paying demographic.

For example, Sony is the only publisher willing to fund David Cage, & currently, Until Dawn.

I don't agree at all that this a good post. Any post using the term 'dudebro' without irony cannot be considered 'good'.

There were plenty of people excited about Killzone on GAF when it released. Are they all 'dudebros', whatever that even means?

The argument about different demographics is also a slanted. Say what you like about MS, but to be fair they have shown games for various demographics. There is the Kinect stuff, games like Phantom Pain, and the mainstream stuff like Halo. I think you are being a bit harsh.

Angel_DvA

Watching all these English characters in this Victorian-era setting speaking and sounding like they're something out of a telenovela is fucking hilarious. I don't know how even the most subtitle-averse person could play the game like this if they intend to take it seriously.

Isn't Lafayette French ? but I know what you mean.

I don't agree at all that this a good post. Any post using the term 'dudebro' without irony cannot be considered 'good'.

There were plenty of people excited about Killzone on GAF when it released. Are they all 'dudebros', whatever that even means?

The argument about different demographics is also a slanted. Say what you like about MS, but to be fair they have shown games for various demographics. There is the Kinect stuff, games like Phantom Pain, and the mainstream stuff like Halo. I think you are being a bit harsh.

He's talking about exclusives. Look at what MS did with X360 and Sony did with PS3 for new IP's and exclusives then give me how MS provided games diff demographics in exclusives? Also look at Sony PS4 exclusives announced so far and compare with MS XB1 (they had to buy 3rd party exclusives to counter here instead of investing on new studios or new IP's from their first party studios).

He's talking about exclusives. Look at what MS did with X360 and Sony did with PS3 for new IP's and exclusives then give me how MS provided games diff demographics in exclusives? Also look at Sony PS4 exclusives announced so far and compare with MS XB1 (they had to buy 3rd party exclusives to counter here instead of investing on new studios or new IP's from their first party studios).

Apologies, I meant Phantom Dust. :)

I know Sony are stronger in this regard, but I do also think MS are not entirely focussed on one demographic like was implied in that post.

I don't want to derail the thread so I'll leave this one here. The main reason I quoted that post because I really can't stand people using the term 'dudebro'. That shit should be banned.

Vaga

GroundedPerkyAffenpinscher.gif

Looks incredible. Best next-gen graphics so far.

I fear even though this game will have excellent SP it will get points docked in the reviews because of lack of MP.

Putty

Looks beautiful. Won't be buying on the release day, unless the reviews are minimum 9/10.

Oh god this, just this! I NEVER buy anything unless reviews are AT LEAST a 9, and not just any 9! I want AT LEAST a 9.1 or above, anything below and the game should of been cancelled in pre production.

Looks beautiful. Won't be buying on the release day, unless the reviews are minimum 9/10.

You won't get this game then for sure and I'm confident that both Polygon and Gamespot will give score less than 8. So stop following this game and start following Polygon/Gamespot for your future game purchases because seems like you follow reviews more than your instincts.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
You won't get this game then for sure and I'm confident that both Polygon and Gamespot will give score less than 8. So stop following this game and start following Polygon/Gamespot for your future game purchases because seems like you follow reviews more than your instincts.

Eurogamer will give this game the lowest score

Thanks for stopping by and granting us your measured opinion.

So what games have you purchased for your ps4 that have a meta critic average of 90+? I suspect you do not play many video games.

Cheers

Man. Ive been on a media blackout for this game. Glad im able to not spoil anything so far. But that shotty and the visuals of this game are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom