• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

11 minutes of The Order 1886 gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's talk our plans for release weekend. The game is out on a Friday, how much do you all plan on playing? I am keeping the weekend entirely free and plan to beat it in a day or two

I'm gonna savor it. Play a few hours a day on normal until I beat it and then enjoy the spoiler thread.

DavidDesu

I'm going with hard difficulty.

I'm always unsure about this in many games as you're never quite sure what Hard mode entails. I liked TLOU how it meant fewer items and cleverer enemies. Some games just arbitrarily up the amount of hits needed to kill them, which in a game like this where you're up against humans much of the time, I feel it's not fair that Hard mode just means I now need to shoot someone 5 times instead of three just to kill them, when in reality I think most people would be dead by three lol.

Anyone know what Hard mode entails for The Order? I don't want unnaturally tougher enemies that just take longer to kill than should be normal. I'm happy with cleverer enemies that take more thought to get past, indeed I'd prefer that as I want something believable, not playing Easy or Medium difficulty and have them standing there waiting to get shot.

fester999

Neo Member
Let's talk our plans for release weekend. The game is out on a Friday, how much do you all plan on playing? I am keeping the weekend entirely free and plan to beat it in a day or two

Great weekend planned. Off work on the Friday to play The Order then on The Saturday going to see the Foo Fighters.

I'm always unsure about this in many games as you're never quite sure what Hard mode entails. I liked TLOU how it meant fewer items and cleverer enemies. Some games just arbitrarily up the amount of hits needed to kill them, which in a game like this where you're up against humans much of the time, I feel it's not fair that Hard mode just means I now need to shoot someone 5 times instead of three just to kill them, when in reality I think most people would be dead by three lol.

Anyone know what Hard mode entails for The Order? I don't want unnaturally tougher enemies that just take longer to kill than should be normal. I'm happy with cleverer enemies that take more thought to get past, indeed I'd prefer that as I want something believable, not playing Easy or Medium difficulty and have them standing there waiting to get shot.

Andrea Pessino said hard mode was the way to go.

Yeah, I figured this morning I'm going to take the day off as well. I have about 6 weeks of leave built up so there's no harm in taking a day or two to play this game. :)

Andrea Pessino said hard mode was the way to go.

And who could argue with that face? Hard mode it is!

Have seen the trailer on Comedy Central, Spike, Scyfy, and AMC (maybe FX as well, can't remember) from the day after the Superbowl to today. Has it shown on any of the primary networks (CBS, NBC, FOX) since the pre-game show?

I've already given the fiancée due notice that next Friday night is a "me" night.

Day of release:
-anxiously await my amazon pre-order's arrival at work
-stop by the local beer shop on the way home and load up on a variety of choice brews
-have leftovers to eat in the fridge, or pick up Chipotle on the way home.
-enter the house, go up stairs, discard work cloths, engage sweatpants
-boot up the PS4
-insert disk
-stay up into the wee hours of the night, playing the Order whilst nibbling on food and guzzling the suds, and supplementing the experience with some trees.

sasliquid

Coming in here has raised my hype once more. Anyone know anything about the review embargo? My trigger fingers hovering over a pre-order

Dinjooh

15048882554_f31c09e605_z.jpg

1wx1rat.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Even though I'm avoiding spoilers like the plague, it's really good to see that now there is more info out there people are getting more excited. Bodes well.

I know yall wanna get hyped but you need to chill on that TLOU comparison. The Internet is full of hyperbole, just remember all the ridiculous things that have been said on GAF. and one person making a comparison like that doesn't mean it's true. I'm sure RAD has made a great game but we have no evidence so far they're capable of outputting anything on that level.

If they do it'll just be a pleasant surprise.

Guys. I was like hmmm...maybe I'll go over to the spoiler thread for a bit just to see what's up and not get spoiled. I did get spoiled on a "small"(?) thing but HOLY FUCK YOU GUYS. This game is gonna live up to the hype and more. If you do go to the spoiler thread only go to page 2. Beyond that is the abyss of stuff not even I know...my first and LAST venture into the spoiler thread.

Slixshot

Banned
Guys. I was like hmmm...maybe I'll go over to the spoiler thread for a bit just to see what's up and not get spoiled. I did get spoiled on a "small"(?) thing but HOLY FUCK YOU GUYS. This game is gonna live up to the hype and more. If you do go to the spoiler thread only go to page 2. Beyond that is the abyss of stuff not even I know...my first and LAST venture into the spoiler thread.

STAHP WIT DA HYPE!! MY BODY MUSTACHE CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE!!

tumblr_lgt625BSpr1qeolcio1_500.gif

Psx flashbacks.

sasliquid

I am as hyped for the game as anyone but I cant ever condone a digital preorder before launch unless you are 100% confident in the product

Lol I ain't ever gonna digitally pre-order (except for MGS5 and P5)

Even announcing an early embargo date this point would get me to pre-order (1886) a physical copy

Floridian

That thread is a nope for me. I'm not looking at anymore new gifs/footage of the game, I'll see it for myself in 10 days.

Psx flashbacks.

I've failed you guys once. Won't do it again! Plus this is based on an actual feasible video and or pictures. "Those" remarks were based on rumors and such that just didn't happen at PSX.
Dragons Dogma Online did get announced but after the show.....dammit Capcom!

That thread is a nope for me. I'm not looking at anymore new gifs/footage of the game, I'll see it for myself in 10 days.

^ Smartest thing to do ^

viveks86

Psx flashbacks.

PSX was based on rumors that never happened… This is based on actual footage.

Having said that, opinions can differ. Let's not set the bar so high (like PSX) that everyone feels let down when they play it. Rest assured that it's "well executed" at the very least.

PSX was based on rumors that never happened… This is based on actual footage.

Having said that, opinions can differ. Let's not set the bar so high (like PSX) that everyone feels let down when they play it. Rest assured that it's "well executed" at the very least.

Can you speak at all to the general encounter design? The gunplay felt fantastic to me at PSX, but I was just worried if the encounters would support it. Don't need specific spoilers, just an opinion of if the fights are varied and well-designed.

I've been wondering why I've had this odd urge to not shave for several months. I now realize my body was unconsciously prepping me for this game.

My body is ready has a new meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom