• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aragami - Cel shaded indie Tenchu, control the shadows on PC/PS4, releasing Oct 4th

Cardon

Whoa, this is getting a physical release? Always just thought it would be digital only for PS4. Definitely going to grab the disc version if I can snag a copy.

Zackat

Box art

CmxaUVQXYAEhXAG

looks good. When?

Here was the original 2013 Path of Shadows student prototype

Beautiful recap as always :)

Yes, the game is coming out on retail too. PC + PS4 physical edition. It's already on Amazon UK, Spain and others! Should be up at amazon.com soon. There's some other physical goodies coming soon, but it's not up to me to announce that yet.

The game is currently at Sony's QA. It's our first time passing certification, so it might take a while, but I'm confident that it should be over by mid-August, and the game should be 'greenlit' for release mid-September. Not confirmed as we still need to pass QA, but that's what we are aiming for.

We will be sharing some new footage and previews through August, but what I can tell you is that the game is around 8 hours long + has online coop multiplayer + live orchestra for OST + we are working on new (free) game modes/features after release. If you are a fan of Tenchu 2 on ps1 you'll really enjoy some of those features..

T5S26pV.png

ScOULaris

We will be sharing some new footage and previews through August, but what I can tell you is that the game is around 8 hours long + has online coop multiplayer + live orchestra for OST + we are working on new (free) game modes/features after release. If you are a fan of Tenchu 2 on ps1 you'll really enjoy some of those features..

Whoa. Bombs dropped.

1098.gif

Ashtar

Yes, the game is coming out on retail too. PC + PS4 physical edition. It's already on Amazon UK, Spain and others! Should be up at amazon.com soon. There's some other physical goodies coming soon, but it's not up to me to announce that yet.

The game is currently at Sony's QA. It's our first time passing certification, so it might take a while, but I'm confident that it should be over by mid-August, and the game should be 'greenlit' for release mid-September. Not confirmed as we still need to pass QA, but that's what we are aiming for.

T5S26pV.png
Coop campaign? Count me in! Only other big September game is Xcom 2 for me so I'm sure to get this

T5S26pV.png

fantastic and much appreciated info David

interesting to me that an indie title gets a ce. hope whatever physical stuff comes along with the game is cool. and the tenchu 2 inspiration is a good thing. if my memory serves me right, didnt it have a level editor?

Whoa. Bombs dropped.

By the way guys, I'm looking for playtesters for a closed beta (PC/Mac/Linux). I'd like to fine tune the difficulty and gather feedback during August. If you are interested just send me a PM or a DM on Twitter (xDavidLeon) with your specs and an email. Check out the Steam page to see minimum requirements.

PerkyPerfumedGarpike.gif

By the way guys, I'm looking for playtesters for a closed beta (PC/Mac/Linux). I'd like to fine tune the difficulty and gather feedback during August. If you are interested just send me a PM or a DM on Twitter (xDavidLeon) with your specs and an email. Check out the Steam page to see minimum requirements.

Done.

Ah damn man, just saw the answer by the developer on the first page. Xbox One was indeed a platform they were going for as well, what happened?

Is this launching with physical copies or is that after the digi launch? UK if that matters...

ps3ud0 8)

We want for digital+retail to release at the same time. If we can get the game to release earlier (on both digital+retail) we'll update the release date on amazon etc.

Ah damn man, just saw the answer by the developer on the first page. Xbox One was indeed a platform they were going for as well, what happened?

Gamedev is hard + console gamedev is even harder + very small team + better to just focus on one console at a time.

We want for digital+retail to release at the same time. If we can get the game to release earlier (on both digital+retail) we'll update the release date on amazon etc.

Gamedev is hard + console gamedev is even harder + very small team + better to just focus on one console at a time.

Very understandable. If i had a PS4 (next year i will go for Neo, not going to get PS4 now) i wouldn't mind. But i only have the Xbox One so far and i have been dying for something even remotely similar to Tenchu.

So there is a chance a Xbox One version is in the pipeline?

Very understandable. If i had a PS4 (next year i will go for Neo, not going to get PS4 now) i wouldn't mind. But i only have the Xbox One so far and i have been dying for something even remotely similar to Tenchu.

So there is a chance a Xbox One version is in the pipeline?

Probably depends if they make a lot of money from sales to then put into resources for doing a X1 version.

Probably depends if they make a lot of money from sales to then put into resources for doing a X1 version.

We'd probably need at least 6 months of development for 1 person to just get a proper port to Xbox One, so we'd need to justify those costs first = need good sales on PS4 + PC.

We'd probably need at least 6 months of development for 1 person to just get a proper port to Xbox One, so we'd need to justify those costs first = need good sales on PS4 + PC.

Yeah that makes sense. Well i wish you guys all the best. It's looking really damn good. I wish my Surface Pro (first one) could run this. But i bet it will melt it, lol.

ChuckNyce

PerkyPerfumedGarpike.gif

PM Sent!

Shari

PerkyPerfumedGarpike.gif

Me me me me me ! :)

Either way if the game is coming out in September the wait won't be too long.

We will be sharing some new footage and previews through August, but what I can tell you is that the game is around 8 hours long + has online coop multiplayer + live orchestra for OST + we are working on new (free) game modes/features after release. If you are a fan of Tenchu 2 on ps1 you'll really enjoy some of those features.
All of this sounds like music to my ears.

And PM sent.

BlizzKrut

Banned

PerkyPerfumedGarpike.gif

Sent, really excited for this one!

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

PerkyPerfumedGarpike.gif
Done!
RIP MY INBOX
As long as you don't overlook mine, we're fine :p

gabbo

PerkyPerfumedGarpike.gif

Hey, PM sent. Cannot wait to grab this and hold a physical copy in my hands.

I can't believe I've never heard of this before. This looks amazing! I love stealth games, and I love cel shading. I'll definitely be picking this up on PS4 :)

SpotAnime

Check out the Steam page to see minimum requirements.

Holy crap, color me impressed. This thing will run on a toaster!

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i3
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11 compatible graphics card (at least 1024 Mb of VRAM).
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 6 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated audio interface

Can't wait for this fall.

So is the only way of hiding bodies using shadow meter to dissolve them? Or can you also carry and/or drag them?

Only the vanish corpse ability. It's an unlockable skill, so you don't have it in the beginning. There's also other skills that make bodies disappear, like Shinen (a trap / C4 / black hole) and the Shadow Kills (summoning a shadow dragon / snake).

Goliath

This sounds amazing. The item is still not up on amazon.com for the U.S. but I am pumped. I loved Tenchu and the idea of co op sounds great. Hopefully the co op is in the campaign and not just random missions like Assassin's Creed. I also appreciate the physical release. That is a huge part of what sold me.

Oneself

Whoa, a PS4 physical version! Good news! I'll bite for sure. I just got Heart&Slash and was very impressed with the packaging.

This sounds amazing. The item is still not up on amazon.com for the U.S. but I am pumped. I loved Tenchu and the idea of co op sounds great. Hopefully the co op is in the campaign and not just random missions like Assassin's Creed. I also appreciate the physical release. That is a huge part of what sold me.

The co-op mode is the full story campaign, not individual missions. It's a pain in the ass to sync the cinematics and other stuff, but it's super fun (when it's not bugged.. haha). Working hard on polishing everything now.

Goliath

The co-op mode is the full story campaign, not individual missions. It's a pain in the ass to sync the cinematics and other stuff, but it's super fun (when it's not bugged.. haha). Working hard on polishing everything now.

Keep up the good work. You have a new customer who will be looking at your future games as well.

Mr Git

Great to see an update! Loved Tenchu and miss it dearly, so this will be a welcome return to the genre. I'll be snagging a physical copy next month :)

Top Bottom