• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Wait.. Dust Palace is the NF?

Noomi was right!

Call me Nosferatu

FWC LADY GOT A MISSION FOR ME

No Time To Explain?!?!?

https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Hot-Fix---10202015/en/News/News?aid=13775

2.0.1.2 - The One about Shadowshot

The Nightstalker has been running wild with unlimited power in the sandbox. With this fix, we're bringing the new Void Super ability back into check, along with increases to rewards for specific activities and other changes to the player experience.

Classes
Nightstalker Hunter
Temporarily removed the extra shots from Quiver to avoid unlimited Shadowshots
This is a temporary fix, and the node will be restored in a fixed state in an upcoming patch

Activities
Daily Heroic Story
Removed deprecated Quest requirements from "Siege of the Warmind"
Removed deprecated Quest requirements from "The Wakening"
Weekly Nightfall Strike
Increased the base level of Nightfall Legendary rewards by 10 Attack/Defense
Increased the chance of Legendary rewards by 10% (from 50% to 60%)
Increased the number of Strange Coins or Three of Coins awards
Ghosts have been added to the Legendary reward loot table
Legendary Engrams no longer drop from Nightfall Strike boss kills
They will continue to drop their unique Legendary items
Removed Antiquated Runes from the loot tables
King's Fall
King's Fall Hard Mode will be available at 10AM on 10/23
Recommended Light is 310
King's Fall Hard Mode has the following changes:
King's Fall Hard Mode rewards will drop up to 320 Light
Oryx in Hard Mode will guarantee a Raid item drop each week, without requiring Moldering Shards
Oryx in Normal mode will still require Moldering Shards
Moldering Shards can drop in King's Fall Hard Mode, but only if a character hasn't cleared King's Fall Normal for the week

Crucible
Weekly Crucible Bounty
Increased base level of Weekly Crucible Bounty Legendary rewards by 10 Attack
Increased number of Strange Coins awarded

Nice! Thank you for posting this.

https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Hot-Fix---10202015/en/News/News?aid=13775
Weekly Nightfall Strike
Increased the base level of Nightfall Legendary rewards by 10 Attack/Defense
Increased the chance of Legendary rewards by 10% (from 50% to 60%)
Increased the number of Strange Coins or Three of Coins awards
Legendary Engrams no longer drop from Nightfall Strike boss kills
They will continue to drop their unique Legendary items
Removed Antiquated Runes from the loot tables

Not much of a buff if at all. Still may not be worth the effort. Increasing the legendary drop chance doesn't reduce the exotic drop chance right?

The biggest and best takeaway from that Kotaku article is this:

Activision didn't make Bungie slice & dice their game up to sell back to us later. There's no evil Activision in this story.

If anything, they seem hands off, and incredibly flexible and supportive of Bungie. Two 6 month extensions and an agreement to replace two $20 DLCs with emote microtransactions. They even brought over the Diablo 3 team to give some help, and thank merciful Christ they did.

Would love it if the community (this isn't much of a DGAF issue) would stop it with blaming Activision.

Bogeypop

- Moldering Shards can drop in King's Fall Hard Mode, but only if a character hasn't cleared King's Fall Normal for the week

So you HAVE to do NM if you want to eliminate Moldering Shards from the HM loot table? Sigh...

- (Regarding Nightfall Strike boss kills) They will continue to drop their unique Legendary items

Since this week is Dust Palace it's time to finally get my Arc Flayer Mantle, and complete my set!

Namikaze1

Where the fuckis this target?! Never mind, I'm heading to patrol and seeing if that taken commander that shows up in the citadel counts.

PuMa

not that it's the same album but

anytime I start getting into pop music discussion my go-to move is to see if I can get those present to agree with me that Aquemini is simply one of the greatest albums of all time. In this way I have befriended a 70-year-old farmer, German tourists in a coffeeshop in Amsterdam, 15-year-old street toughs in Crete, Italians, Frenchwomen, Dominicans, Canadians, Chileans, Texans, Hoosiers, Californians, Hawaiians and so on.

I almost went with the Rosa vid, but I felt the need to go back further for nostalgic purposes. You aren't wrong about Aquemini.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not much of a buff if at all. Still may not be worth the effort. Increasing the legendary drop chance doesn't reduce the exotic drop chance right?
From a standpoint of basic logic, I don't see how it could be possible to increase the chance of one drop without effectively reducing the chances of the others.
adding +10 base/def on the nightfall rewards means that stuff can drop at over 300, no?
That's true.

Kyne

lot of people reporting that they did not get the mission after doing the daily ghost mission today...

it's probably time-locked for a day/week/two weeks like the S.S.

noomi

Are we absolutely sure this is the no time to explain quest line?

1. You probably needed to have finished preadyths ghosts last time it was around
2. Need FWC allegiance? C'mon :/

Matticers

Anyone who wants the arc mantle want to run the nightfall on PS4? Maybe someone in the group will get lucky if we kill the arc flayer last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom