• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies @ E3 2017 Streaming Thread & Schedule

Love Huber and I love AssCreed, but I hate when he gets defensive over it. Comparing these games to the MCU is ridiculous.
You enjoy a janky ass game and the others dont, nothing wrong with that.

Cellsplitter

Neo Member
Rankings so far
Ubisoft

A gulf of quality

Microsoft
PC
EA
Bethesda

Devolver

f7FdEdG.jpg

I agree with Kyle. Revealing BG&E2 and then coming out at a later date and saying it's a Switch timed exclusive would be super shitty. It isn't that different from what happened with Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Anyway, my quick review of Ubisoft's conference:

Positives:
- Mario+Rabbids actually looked decent
- Lots of new IPs and surprising announcements
- Not much talking
- Great trailers almost across the board
- BG&E2 CG trailer was incredible

Negatives:
- Dancing segment
- Off-screen Assassin's Creed gameplay was dumb as hell
- A new toys to life game in 2017 seems somewhat out of touch

I'm giving them an A-. That was a very good conference, far superior to the conferences we've seen so far this year.

Tankard

Like i always thought, they only took a year off Assassins Creed because it was getting increasingly negative, this is just more of the same in another environment.

Dysun

I think all the conferences have been pretty mediocre so far. Mario + Rabbids appeal did alot to make this one stand out from the others. Save us Sony + Nintendo
And yeah, Ass Creed looks like the same old jank

EA: C
Microsoft: B-
Bethesda: C
Devolver: F
Ubisoft: B

Toki767

It's really weird to me how down these guys are about Skull and Bones compared to Sea of Thieves.

To me what they showed today craps all over what Sea of Thieves showed yesterday.

Hasney

It's really weird to me how down these guys are about Skull and Bones compared to Sea of Thieves.

To me what they showed today craps all over what Sea of Thieves showed yesterday.

Nah, Skull and Bones looks to be just naval combat. Where's the pirate adventures?! They're totally different and I have zero interest in Skull and Bones unless I get off that ship.

Love Black Flag, but take my personal worst aspect of the entire game and spin it out to multiplayer and ughhhh

Toki767

Nah, it's just naval combat. Where's the pirate adventures?! They're totally different and I have no interest in Skull and Bones unless I get off that ship.
Naval battles with sea monsters.

Those to me are what Sea of Thieves is missing the most.

Caramello

Skull and Bones seems to be a competitive naval combat game. Very different to Sea of Thieves.

Hasney

Naval battles with sea monsters.

Those to me are what Sea of Thieves are missing the most.

That we know of. Can't wait for Jones to talk about it in the next few days after he played it and said every question he asked had a positive answer.

Agreed. SoT looks painfully boring, while SxB takes my favourite thing from Black flag and makes a game about it.

Anticol

Banned
Nah, Skull and Bones looks to be just naval combat. Where's the pirate adventures?! They're totally different and I have zero interest in Skull and Bones unless I get off that ship.

Love Black Flag, but take my personal worst aspect of the entire game and spin it out to multiplayer and ughhhh

There was a moment when the talk about dividing the fleet to naval or kand combat or something like that. I hope not all is naval combat and that gives me hope.

Fat4all

Banned
I think I prefer the adventure aspects of SoT, but I really loved the naval battles in AC4.

So both appeal to me in different ways.

mishakoz

So, Ubisoft is definitely the best conference (9.2)
2. Microsoft (8.7)
3. PC Gaming (8.5)
4. Bethesda (7)
5. EA (5.5)

(Im not ranking devolver but i thought it was funny)

It does feel like Ubisoft showed off a lot more stuff that was long off, maybe feeling that Vivendi takeover which is kind of sad. Trying to play all their chips they can to prevent the takeover.

Hasney

There was a moment when the talk about dividing the fleet to naval or kand combat or something like that. I hope not all is naval combat and that gives me hope.

Yeah, it's a long way off so plenty more to show I hope. But if the focus is competition wherever, it's a bummer.

I really need to go play some Pirates Gold tomorrow and dance with some goverenors daughters.

Fat4all

Banned
8.8/10

+ Mario+Rabbids overperformed, very exciting presentation of several games. Excited for an AC game. BG&E2.

- Bro Racing, Dancing Dabbing Panda

Yeah, Sea of Thieves seems like wacky co-op pirate adventures, while Skull & Bones basically just looks like multiplayer only Black Flag ship combat.

Having said that, I think Sea of Thieves will be DOA when it comes out, while Skull & Bones will probably be fairly successful in the same way Rainbow Six: Siege and For Honor were.

Top Bottom