• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies @ E3 2017 Streaming Thread & Schedule

Hasney

Judge Jones 2!

Having said that, I think Sea of Thieves will be DOA when it comes out, while Skull & Bones will probably be fairly successful in the same way Rainbow Six: Siege and For Honor were.

Totally. If it's how it looks now, I'll shit on it like The Crew or Ghost Recon and then they'll come out and say WE SOLD 7689489 MILLION COPIES

Nah, Skull and Bones looks to be just naval combat. Where's the pirate adventures?! They're totally different and I have zero interest in Skull and Bones unless I get off that ship.

Love Black Flag, but take my personal worst aspect of the entire game and spin it out to multiplayer and ughhhh

See I'm the opposite, I've been concerned about the need to get your buddies (if you have them) together for pirate adventures and what not. That's easy for dummies to grief online, people don't generally want to wait for the "Mystery" of riddles and what not unless you have your own group all in agreement.

For people that have that kind of set up with friends, I think SoT is going to be great most likely. For the average person or the solo player, I'm thinking not so much. SxB on the other hand, I feel confident in maybe that being a matchmaking/lobby type game where someone can pick a role and you just have naval battles, have some fun and it's over, like a naval battle MOBA of sorts.

Plum

So I tuned in for the after show and holy fuck the repeating on the PS4 Twitch app is godawful. This is unwatchable.

Hasney

See I'm the opposite, I've been concerned about the need to get your buddies (if you have them) together for pirate adventures and what not. That's easy for dummies to grief online, people don't generally want to wait for the "Mystery" of riddles and what not unless you have your own group all in agreement.

For people that have that kind of set up with friends, I think SoT is going to be great most likely. For the average person or the solo player, I'm thinking not so much. SxB on the other hand, I feel confident in maybe that being a matchmaking/lobby type game where someone can pick a role and you just have naval battles, have some fun and it's over, like a naval battle MOBA of sorts.

I wouldn't be totally sure on that, Skull and Bones mentioned betrayal so I wouldn't be shocked if there's an element of The Division stuff in there.

But yeah, while they're pirates, they're so different. Hopefully fans of either approach find its market.

So I tuned in for the after show and holy fuck the repeating on the PS4 Twitch app is godawful. This is unwatchable.

Yeah, been loads of complaints about it this weekend. Don't know why the app is so botched.

I wouldn't be totally sure on that, Skull and Bones mentioned betrayal so I wouldn't be shocked if there's an element of The Division stuff in there.

But yeah, while they're pirates, they're so different. Hopefully fans of either approach find its market.

For sure! It's really hard to tell at this point exactly what SxB is outside of "We wanted a standalone black flag naval battle game"

Fat4all

Banned
"It feels good to report positively on a Sonic game"

Even Jones who doesn't really play Sonic is digging Mania.

Sonic Mania is gonna get sequels for sure.

Happy for the teams, all made up of Sonic fan game makers.

They have their own pillar in Sonic, and it follows the original games.

Hasney

Jones with the Ni No Kuni 2! So jealous.

It's good to be a judge.

latest

The presentation for Ubisoft kept my attention the whole time, I think it was good, but thinking back... I still just don't care about most of the Ubisoft library. Assassin's Creed and Far Cry look the same as always, and there just isn't any hook for either one of them to draw me in. Steep still isn't convincing me, The Crew 2 looked super boring, and Skull and Bones just looks... bad. Super boring. It's AC ship battles without any of the freedom or context. Having teams is pretty cool, but I really just don't care enough to get friends together to play that based on what we've seen.

I was glad to see glimpses of R6 Siege during the pre-show, and it was still probably the best conference so far, but Mario and Beyond Good and Evil did some seriously heavy lifting. I really think Rabbids and South Park are necessary to add personality to the otherwise bland and overly-serious games Ubisoft puts out; without Rabbids I think we would have been missing Aisha more.

I do wish they did a little bit more with the developers and were less reliant on CG trailers. The CG parts for The Crew 2 and Skull and Bones were totally unnecessary and made those segments last longer than they should have.

Just Dance was presented well for what it is.

That NFC space fighter game looks like a generic cash grab. Feels out of touch in 2017, especially with so little actual personality around it.

Current Ranking:

Bethesda ~ Ubisoft
Microsoft
PC
Devolver ~ EA

Machina

Banned
My rankings currently:

Ubisoft
Microsoft

Daylight

PC
EA

More daylight

Devolver

Didn't rank Bethesda because I haven't watched it, but impressions seem to be pretty bad anyway

The presentation for Ubisoft kept my attention the whole time, I think it was good, but thinking back... I still just don't care about most of the Ubisoft library. Assassin's Creed and Far Cry look the same as always, and there just isn't any hook for either one of them to draw me in. Steep still isn't convincing me, The Crew 2 looked super boring, and Skull and Bones just looks... bad. Super boring. It's AC ship battles without any of the freedom or context. Having teams is pretty cool, but I really just don't care enough to get friends together to play that based on what we've seen.

I was glad to see glimpses of R6 Siege during the pre-show, and it was still probably the best conference so far, but Mario and Beyond Good and Evil did some seriously heavy lifting. I really think Rabbids and South Park are necessary to add personality to the otherwise bland and overly-serious games Ubisoft puts out; without Rabbids I think we would have been missing Aisha more.

I do wish they did a little bit more with the developers and were less reliant on CG trailers. The CG parts for The Crew 2 and Skull and Bones were totally unnecessary and made those segments last longer than they should have.

Just Dance was presented well for what it is.

That NFC space fighter game looks like a generic cash grab. Feels out of touch in 2017, especially with so little actual personality around it.

I agree with most of what you said. Personality is exactly what the space game needs, but I like it as something aimed at kids.

I will say, though, that the amount of quality (despite our own personal tastes), new games announced was impressive. Some might be a ways off, some might not hit their mark, but the conference itself was exciting because of this.

Sooooo....

Code:
[IMG]http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_pod39/dw/image/v2/ABBS_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-masterCatalog/default/dw99f70734/images/large/5939901c88a7e3c5268b4567-collectible_Mario_Rabbids_figurine.jpg?sw=1084&sh=822&sm=fit[/IMG]

These were definitely originally designed to be Amiibo, right?

Link to the rest: http://store.ubi.com/us/search/?q=rabbids

From a conference perspective it was great I'd give it an 8.5. Great conference, great pacing, heartfelt, all that good stuff.

From a me perspective I can't even score it because most of these games don't excite me which is sad compared to most of Ubisoft's pressers. I don't care about Rabbids X Mario, I don't care about Steep, I don't care about The Crew 2, I don't care about Just Dance etc etc.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 had a cool trailer but I need to see gameplay as I didn't play the first one. Far Cry looked dangerously similar to past titles. The story may be cool and setting may be cool but is the game breaking any barriers? is it doing anything new? AC: Origins looked like their best game which isn't surprising. That being said there was some jank in the combat animations and a few other places. It was alpha gameplay so I'll hold judgement.

But there was no wow Watch Dogs, wow The Division, wow For Honor moment. Even if you didn't like how those games turned out they demoed really well and looked phenomenal. Didn't get that this year.

jett

D-Member
Brandon just said a lot of VR games are still under embargo. I hope Sony doesn't hit us all that much with VR stuff later tonight. :p

Ultimadrago

I think all the conferences have been pretty mediocre so far. Mario + Rabbids appeal did alot to make this one stand out from the others. Save us Sony + Nintendo
And yeah, Ass Creed looks like the same old jank

EA: C
Microsoft: B-
Bethesda: C
Devolver: F
Ubisoft: B

This is like my list one-by-one. Though maybe I'd give EA like a C- or D.

brawly

I don't know what I enjoyed more, the humour in the Devolver conference or Huber's discomfort. I've never seen him like this.

My current ranking of the conferences.
1. Ubisoft
2. Microsoft
3. PC Gaming Show
4. EA
5. Bethesda

And my games of the show so far.
1. Kingdom Hearts III (this counts, right?)
2. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
3. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
4. Anthem
5. Assassin's Creed: Origins

HMs: Beyond Good and Evil 2, The Crew 2, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Skull & Bones

WarRock

Holy shit the Skulls and Bones thread. Can you imagine GAF back in the day?

"Ninja Gaiden is dead, welcome Shinobi"
"Fuck you Shinobi, Hagane fuck yeah"
"gg Hagane, Ninja Warriors is the superior experience"

Long read ahead.

I personally feel like MS fundamentally failed to learn why the PS4 is beating the xb1. I feel like the XB1X is the supposed answer to all the complaints about the original xb1. What they showed me is that they failed to truly learn in two huge ways.

One, the games. You can show me the most beautiful forza, but it's such an expected move that it borders on parody; the same cycle of gears, halo, forza. Even outside of that cycle Crackdown looks underwhelming and sea of thieves looks hopeful. A new console can't hide that stagnation. It's more powerful than the PS4 Pro comfortably. That said, I played the last guardian on my pro at launch, and I absolutely could not go back to its original 1080p state. I've played Horizon, nioh and other games enhanced by pro. These are games I cannot get anywhere else, and they're better experiences on the pro. I get enhanced third party games as well. The XB1X's power can't hide the fact that Microsoft's exclusive experiences are uninspired and safe. Same old MS, different box, and this is coming from a huge halo fan.

Secondly,the price. This box is essentially $700 in Canada if they continue the trend of straight conversion. I have to wonder, outside of xb1 only gamers, who is it for? In the likely scenario that Sony drops the price on the pro, the PlayStation alternative is far more affordable. Value is important, even in the face of raw specs (e.g., PS2). So if I have a ps4 I could get a pro at a cheaper rate. If I have a decent PC, I can just play all the Xbox games I'd like. The value proposition is just daunting to me.

This is why I came out of the MS conference, underwhelmed. They're trying to brute force their way ahead of Sony in hearts and minds but they haven't truly learned.

Long read ahead.

I personally feel like MS fundamentally failed to learn why the PS4 is beating the xb1. I feel like the XB1X is the supposed answer to all the complaints about the original xb1. What they showed me is that they failed to truly learn in two huge ways.

One, the games. You can show me the most beautiful forza, but it's such an expected move that it borders on parody; the same cycle of gears, halo, forza. Even outside of that cycle Crackdown looks underwhelming and sea of thieves looks hopeful. A new console can't hide that stagnation. It's more powerful than the PS4 Pro comfortably. That said, I played the last guardian on my pro at launch, and I absolutely could not go back to its original 1080p state. I've played Horizon, nioh and other games enhanced by pro. These are games I cannot get anywhere else, and they're better experiences on the pro. I get enhanced third party games as well. The XB1X's power can't hide the fact that Microsoft's exclusive experiences are uninspired and safe. Same old MS, different box, and this is coming from a huge halo fan.

Secondly,the price. This box is essentially $700 in Canada if they continue the trend of straight conversion. I have to wonder, outside of xb1 only gamers, who is it for? In the likely scenario that Sony drops the price on the pro, the PlayStation alternative is far more affordable. Value is important, even in the face of raw specs (e.g., PS2). So if I have a ps4 I could get a pro at a cheaper rate. If I have a decent PC, I can just play all the Xbox games I'd like. The value proposition is just daunting to me.

This is why I came out of the MS conference, underwhelmed. They're trying to brute force their way ahead of Sony in hearts and minds but they haven't truly learned.

Yeah, I agree pretty strongly with all of this. Microsoft showed a large quantity of games, and I think that's going to get them a lot of initial praise from people, but the actual content of the conference left a lot to be desired.

Fat4all

Banned
I think MS did very well considering one has to imagine all the major marketing deals they are excluded from.

But yeah, it fumbled at its key point, the X.

I stand by that they should of had a separate presentation just for the X before E3. That would of loosened the blow and would of cleared the spot for a few more smaller games. That would've made the conference flow better.

It's telling that when the release date and price was announced that the just ran right past as quick as they could, no graphic or anything.

Top Bottom