• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Expedition 33 coming 2025 | Xbox Showcase 2024

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Here's the dev team:

Selected_20221024_113344_edited.jpg
Looks like a bunch of normal people. Color me surprised.

I am a bit worried we will learn that they worked with SBI or Black Girl Gamers or some other cancerous group - so I will hold off hope. But this did look insanely good.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You know that thread where some people hinted 'If you like Xbox 360 JRPGs you'll enjoy this'...is this that game?

Considering there was no BC shit or anything, this was probably it. Bit of a let down (not in this game, just in my expectations from that comment).

Reaseru

The battle system looks very, very interesting. I see a inspiration from the Persona games, with a western RPG twist.

Kinda gives me Edge of Eternity vibes, that is, an indie giving their take on a classic Final Fantasy game. I've added it to my wishlist in Steam, and will pay attention to it as we hear more. Hopefully, it's a classic turn-based RPG with a good story.

Mozzarella

Looks decent to be honest, i was surprised when they showed this. I think it looks fun but there is some red flags lol
First the name, that awkward name is making me worried, generally this type of games dont do well, but i hope its irrelevant to the game quality.
Second its the studio, never heard about them before, i will need to do some research.
Third while what they showed was flashy and cool, i get the tone of this world is just so ambiguous at this point, like i dont even know what to expect or what the game is about.

But overall despite few question marks this is a game that i look forward to see more from.

Wins the award for best looking game and studio I hadn’t even heard of until today.

Plot sounds pretty interesting, animations in combat look great.

This is one of the highlights of the show for me. Game came out of nowhere, it looks amazing. Definitely will keep tabs on it.

Myths

Looks inspired by turn-based games from Japanese devs back in PS1/SNES era. Unique concept as far world design and presentation. If it comes to PC…

Edit: Just read what they were inspired by, I thought as much. Clearly fans of game design and philosophy more prevalent among Japanese devs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom