• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Expedition 33 coming 2025 | Xbox Showcase 2024

Musilla

JyTy8HF.gif

JyTySAg.gif

RCU005

This game surprised me a lot. Looks really cool. Hopefully is as good as it seems.

Last edited:
Fucking-A!!!

Been waiting for a good turn-based RPG since forever. Hopefully, this blows up and sells gangbusters so that Japan can take notice and abandon that realtime combat BS in all their modern JRPGs.

Paltheos

The most exciting game of the XBox showcase imo. I didn't think studios still made AAA turn-based games. Hoping this one turns out good - It definitely looked it.

The attack string timings give me some Legend of Dragoon vibes.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
This is probably the most interesting new IP of the whole showcase (if not of the last 2 years). Looks great, combat is fantastic, great setting and art, what's not to like?

Last edited:
Easily one of the most stylish looking games I've ever seen. It came out of nowhere and impressed me immediately.

https://www.sandfall.co/

Scroll down if you want to take a look at the staff and what games they're inspired by. Hopeful, but wary.

They are a pretty young-looking dev team which makes me think that if they trip up and fall, it'll be because they're too ambitious and stretched thin.

Last edited:

Fbh

Had to watch it on mute earlier.
Now that I've seen it with audio it's even better.

Good music and the setup of the story with the countdown and people of that age dying is really interesting

Kumomeme

ok this is look awesome. totally dont expect this. its look SLICK! its seems Persona 5's combat gained attention which is nice.

the creative director's favourite games is interesting.

imueH4Z.png

however the studio look doesnt has anything else in their track record? 11-50 employee based on their linkedin? i assume they gonna expand more once the project progress further. look too ambitious. we probably need to held back the expectation just incase.

please dont dissapoint. looking foward to play this.

Last edited:

peish

Gold Member
ok this is look awesome. totally dont expect this. its look SLICK! its seems Persona 5's combat gained attention which is nice.

the creative director's favourite games is interesting.

imueH4Z.png

however the studio look doesnt has anything else in their track record? 11-50 employee based on their linkedin? look too ambitious. we probably need to held back the expectation just incase.

please dont dissapoint. looking foward to play this.

Definitely expecting some eurojank and short on the content. This is the kind of games perfect on gamepass. You can even say MS sorta funded it

Surprisingly they pulled some strings to get Ben the ff16 star as the lead VA.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

Definitely expecting some eurojank and short on the content. This is the kind of games perfect on gamepass. You can even say MS sorta funded it

haha Ben Star gained lot attention on the comment section which is nice.

Lambogenie

Looks decent to be honest, i was surprised when they showed this. I think it looks fun but there is some red flags lol
First the name, that awkward name is making me worried, generally this type of games dont do well, but i hope its irrelevant to the game quality.
Second its the studio, never heard about them before, i will need to do some research.
Third while what they showed was flashy and cool, i get the tone of this world is just so ambiguous at this point, like i dont even know what to expect or what the game is about.

But overall despite few question marks this is a game that i look forward to see more from.
Awkward name doesn't mean anything. Look at any Japanese game. Not like English games are exempt.

More awkward names please.

Fbh

Can't find any previous credits from the lead writer
tdMi17v.jpeg

But I like her taste in books and games so that's at least a good sign.

Honestly I'd be happy if it is a shorter experience.
Not every RPG needs to be some bloated 80 hours game. Specially if it's a smaller team I'd rather have them focus on a fun, tight 20-25 hours main story (with maybe 5-8 hours of side content) instead of them stretching themsevles thin trying to make some 60 hours game.

Also I could see turn based actually helping reduce the Eurojank.

Last edited:
Top Bottom