• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable is targeting a Q4 2025 release and Gears of War: E-Day is targeting 2025.

GymWolf

Gold Member
2025: Everyone vs GTA 6

jon-snow-facing-army-jon-snow.gif

The beast giant throwing rocks to the soldiers on horses from attack on titan would be a much better representation.

All the other games are insects compared to gta6, even stuff that is gonna sell 20 mil.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Ill stop you right there......what the fuck are you talking about.

Fable 1 - sure for its time it was good, on its way to greatness but not quite there. (I even bought Anniversary)
Fable 2 - my favorite of the series, great game.
Fable 3 - what the fuck is this shite.
Fable Journey........
Fable Heroes - you aint even trying anymore

How can you sit there saying this is shit judging its humor off of what 3 minutes, when you think Fable 3 is an amazing game and im assuming you actually went through that game?
Seeing the gameplay in this, it looks like the natural evolution of what Fable should be.
The humor is not going to be time displaced like playing Fable Anniversary, and certainly wont be as low as Fable 3.....because theres literally not a level lower.
The art style just as with the original Fable isnt going to be for everyone, but itll atleast make the game stand out.

Never ever say Fable 3 is an amazing game.
hhh-disgusted.gif

To be perfectly honest, I don't consider Journey or Heroes as actual games. Just trash.

Fable 3 I will say is a great game, just not nearly as good as 2 or 1.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Fable 3 I will say is a great game, just not nearly as good as 2 or 1.

Then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
This game will absolutely categorically be better than Fable 3 at absolutely everything.....writing, world building, story, banter, combat, magic, graphics(obviously), useful features.....everything.
So you rest your little head cuz if Fable 3 was great then this one will fill your heart with nothing but joy.

Going by the fact that they haven't shown one second of Gears gameplay, I refuse to believe it's coming along faster than Fable.
Gameplay........are we assuming this is a tennis game now j/k.
As this was an announce trailer their next trailer (hopefully at Gamescom) will have gameplay.
Bet.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
This game will absolutely categorically be better than Fable 3 at absolutely everything.....writing, world building, story, banter, combat, magic, graphics(obviously), useful features.....everything.
So you rest your little head cuz if Fable 3 was great then this one will fill your heart with nothing but joy.

Highly doubtful given playgrounds previous works and the writing staff on offer here. I am sure this will be filled with DEI driven-slacktivist nonsense like most modern MS games tend to be. We already got a taste of the banter and "comedy" from the trailer and it has been awful.

The only thing it has going for it is the graphical fidelity, which isn't really a selling point to me.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Fable is maaaaybe.

But we all know Gears is going to be a launch title to sell the next Xbox.

This is plainly obvious.

pnutboy

I doubt both make Fall ‘25 especially with the other 800-lb gorilla right there. Could actually see Fable getting a delay to Mar/April ‘26. Would be crazy if Gears made it out first despite just being announced but hard to predict without having seen gameplay

Last edited:

Maddux4164

So both 2026 or later

Just stop showing games years out. I hate that shit
Yeah. It’s frustrating. Makes no sense.

Wish it were more like movies and music

You’ll seldom ever see official trailers and announcements of either unless it’s within a 6-12 month window.

Obviously not talking about rumors and such. But official reveals and trailers.

• Fire
Reactions: Pop

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I wasn't initially excited about E-day. Now I am. This was 100% the right move for the Coalition. Still I want a Gears 6.

Black_Stride

Yeah. It’s frustrating. Makes no sense.

Wish it were more like movies and music

You’ll seldom ever see official trailers and announcements of either unless it’s within a 6-12 month window.

Obviously not talking about rumors and such. But official reveals and trailers.

Announce trailers to gather hype and collect talent. (also appease the board)
First look Gameplay Trailer to remind fans the game is still coming.
Gameplay Trailer so fans see what the gameplay loop is actually like.
Release date trailer.
A bunch of short spots as you get closer to the release date.
Release trailer.

If you are assuming all this can fit into a 6 month window.....it cant..

Smaller movies are usually pretty close to being finished when the full trailer comes out, barring reshoots the movie might be completely done soundtrack and all.
You cant wait for a game to be finished to announce it........not AAA games anyway.
Some really efficient AAA studios can maybe do announce to release in 18 months.......when you need to do some hiring 2 years minimum.
If youve got a city sized dev team you could probably squeeze things into a year, like Ubisoft and Acitvision.

You should also realize that actually lot of blockbuster movies, their first trailer is about 18 months from release.
So not THAT much better than games.

Godzilla 2014 Comic-Con Trailer - Released in 2012

Godzilla 2014 Main Trailer - Released 4 months before release of movie.

Double check yourself and see when movies are announced, their first teasers/trailers and the actual release.....most blockbuster its not 6 to 12 months as you thought.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
You really could just avoid the 3rd Fable It’s….not good. A lot of incredibly weird design decisions with it that hurt the experience a lot

The second one is sick though.
I'll at least try it out since its on GP. Kind of surprised I havent still. Not enough hours in the day.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Are we all ignoring elephant in the room called GTA VI in 2025?

I can target to be an astronaut by 2025, doesn't change the fact that I'm old, fast and kinda need to align my targets with space agency and spacecraft lauch schedule first. E-day trailer wasn't even an in-game cutscene, it was in-engine fluff created by Blur. And since you can crank-up UE5 for this scenario it's not telling us anything (especially to Series S owners), I refuse to believe that it is a 2026 game, let alone 2025.

Fable can target Q4 2025, but if GTA will occupy holiday season I can only wish all the involved in the Fable release the very best of luck. Since both games are huge story-driven openworlds we will get yet another 'x weeks is enough to visit Vice City'.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

I can target to be an astronaut by 2025, doesn't change the fact that I'm old, fast and kinda need to align my targets with space agency and spacecraft lauch schedule first. E-day trailer wasn't even an in-game cutscene, it was in-engine fluff created by Blur. And since you can crank-up UE5 for this scenario it's not telling us anything (especially to Series S owners), I refuse to believe that it is a 2026 game, let alone 2025.

Fable can target Q4 2025, but if GTA will occupy holiday season I can only wish all the involved in the Fable release the very best of luck. Since both games are huge story-driven openworlds we will get yet another 'x weeks is enough to visit Vice City'.

GTA VI will most likely be a Fall game. Targeting September~ ish like V.

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I'll at least try it out since its on GP. Kind of surprised I havent still. Not enough hours in the day.
Reading this thread brings back great memories.
I remember in Fable 2 making a tough decision to sacrifice my dog ☹️

But then a ton of pussies cried about it so in the Knothole island DLC you could resurrect your dog by sacrificing a human, thus invalidating your previous choice. Stupid.

You had to go to Cheet-Ur's Crypt 😁

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Gameplay........are we assuming this is a tennis game now j/k.
As this was an announce trailer their next trailer (hopefully at Gamescom) will have gameplay.
Bet.

If they show gameplay at Gamescom, then I'll change and think 2025 is possible.

Maddux4164

Announce trailers to gather hype and collect talent. (also appease the board)
First look Gameplay Trailer to remind fans the game is still coming.
Gameplay Trailer so fans see what the gameplay loop is actually like.
Release date trailer.
A bunch of short spots as you get closer to the release date.
Release trailer.

If you are assuming all this can fit into a 6 month window.....it cant..

Smaller movies are usually pretty close to being finished when the full trailer comes out, barring reshoots the movie might be completely done soundtrack and all.
You cant wait for a game to be finished to announce it........not AAA games anyway.
Some really efficient AAA studios can maybe do announce to release in 18 months.......when you need to do some hiring 2 years minimum.
If youve got a city sized dev team you could probably squeeze things into a year, like Ubisoft and Acitvision.

You should also realize that actually lot of blockbuster movies, their first trailer is about 18 months from release.
So not THAT much better than games.

Godzilla 2014 Comic-Con Trailer - Released in 2012

Godzilla 2014 Main Trailer - Released 4 months before release of movie.

Double check yourself and see when movies are announced, their first teasers/trailers and the actual release.....most blockbuster its not 6 to 12 months as you thought.

wtf are you on about? Games get announced half a decade early 😂🤣

And a lot of times, it’s so early in the announcement, the game ends up cancelled anyhow. Stop. lol

Black_Stride

wtf are you on about? Games get announced half a decade early 😂🤣

And a lot of times, it’s so early in the announcement, the game ends up cancelled anyhow. Stop. lol

What?
6iXSuB5.gif

My example of fast was like Shadows was announce and is releasing soon.
Call of Duty always gets announced and release soonish after.

Generally speaking its like 2 years example of pretty much every Sony title.
5 years is more than the minimum of 2 i expressed so my statement is still correct.

What are YOU on about?

Ozriel

M$FT

I can target to be an astronaut by 2025, doesn't change the fact that I'm old, fast and kinda need to align my targets with space agency and spacecraft lauch schedule first.

Nobody’s going to play any other game in Q4 2025 thanks to GTA 6?

Bruh 🤣

. E-day trailer wasn't even an in-game cutscene, it was in-engine fluff created by Blur. And since you can crank-up UE5 for this scenario it's not telling us anything (especially to Series S owners), I refuse to believe that it is a 2026 game, let alone 2025.

Ah. It’s clear now

Top Bottom