• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 19-25 | Started from the bottom, now he's there

Beckx

EDIT: Ah didn't notice the small Famicom at the bottom right, this is some slick artwork
tumblr_n5e7z9AOHF1qk3kq5o1_500.jpg

Why are they hanging out with the bosses? and the plane?

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!

*George Lucas comes into Capcom, pushes Ken and Balrog together, says "these two? they're friends!"*

800 people for UFGT.

ntzfR.gif

And yeah, they can update the Steam version of AE2012 as many times as they like. I have a GFWL version with all costume DLC which is getting very close to going bye-bye. :(

casperOne

I'll buy you some coffee to help you recover

Actually, no caffeinated drinks. I gave up caffeine (coffee, tea, soda) about 15 years ago.

About an hour worth of hot phoenix wright on phoenix wright action between these two videos here guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDGkLOW7rhA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8wRSW_AUXU

Or to put it in a less sexual kind of context, an hour long set between two amazing phoenix wright players, Uglywhen and Wolfstreet in UMVC3!

I love me some hot Phoenix Wright action and I'm grateful for the link, but you're really stretching it by rounding up 32 minutes to an hour =)

After last year, I'm so hype for the UFGT Mystery Game tournament.

I hope Kensetsu Juuki Kenka Battle (Battle Construction Vehicles) and Lethal League make return appearances.

Actually, no caffeinated drinks. I gave up caffeine (coffee, tea, soda) about 15 years ago.

I love me some hot Phoenix Wright action and I'm grateful for the link, but you're really stretching it by rounding up 32 minutes to an hour =)

You're a stronger man than I!

I'll figure out something to treat you to :p

thehadou

Neo Member
You'll go through about two-three weeks of horrible headaches. Once you're done with that, you'll sleep much more soundly. The quality of sleep is worlds apart.

I'm in the middle of these headaches right now. Its damn near debilitating at times.

I didn't round it up, both videos are all the matches they did, none of the matches are the same match, so both videos are 32 minutes, so, its an hour worth of matches between both videos.

SimSimIV

Peter Susini thinks Sim is a scrub character with no debt, as he only spams st.Hp from a far and waits to anti air the opponent. Then mashes b.lk when the opponent gets Close, and that Sim takes little skill to play.

I think it's kind of funny how he aknowledges that Sim is bad and looses most of the time, yet doesn't give credit to the people who do well with the character.

I am really surprised at how good players can be totally oblivious to what it takes to do well with a character they don't have much experience using. I would think that was an aquired skill you would gain if you played fighting games for a long enough time.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I am really surprised at how good players can be totally oblivious to what it takes to do well with a character they don't have much experience using. I would think that was an aquired skill you would gain if you played fighting games for a long enough time.
Doesn't he main Viper?

SimSimIV

Doesn't he main Viper?

He used to, but quit her because he thinks she is as scrubby as Sim. I can see more sides to Viper too, but totally understand why he thinks she is scrubby (Even though it takes skill to do well with her). But I can't really understand why he groups Sim and Viper together (He did)

xCobalt

He used to, but quit her because he thinks she is as scrubby as Sim. I can see more sides to Viper too, but totally understand why he thinks she is scrubby (Even though it takes skill to do well with her). But I can't really understand why he groups Sim and Viper together (He did)

Maybe he think they're one dimensional? One-dimensional = scrubby? I dunno.

Horseress

You'll go through about two-three weeks of horrible headaches. Once you're done with that, you'll sleep much more soundly. The quality of sleep is worlds apart.

I'll try! I'll take ~25 days off work starting June 12th, so that'll be my chance

Peter Susini thinks Sim is a scrub character with no debt, as he only spams st.Hp from a far and waits to anti air the opponent. Then mashes b.lk when the opponent gets Close, and that Sim takes little skill to play.

I think I've never agreed on any of this guy's opinions

SimSimIV

Maybe he think they're one dimensional? One-dimensional = scrubby? I dunno.

Yes he feels Sim lacks depth, but I don't really understand that notion from a sim perspective. Sim has a steep learning curve when it comes to high Level play, and that for me indicates depth.

He also classifies Viper as a character with no depth, but I disagree with that too.. Her offense can be mindless, but the amount of Tech you have to utilize with her and use effectively, gives her some depth in itself.

I think he feels any character that doesn't have a up close footsie game, has no depth.

It's flash metroid lmao

He's like the cdjr of marvel games. Just ignore and laugh

Doesn't he owe his buddy like 5k or something? Where's that AGE sponsorship when you need it

I think it's kind of funny how he aknowledges that Sim is bad and looses most of the time, yet doesn't give credit to the people who do well with the character.

Who?

Tik-Tok

I'm still exhausted from Toryuken. My voice is shot from getting to hype, and explaining what happened to my hand about 100 times.

It was a fun tournament though and it was good to see Count Blackule and Vulva and Enzo
lol

I can not believe Noel made it as far as he did in AE. Toronto is ashamed. I can not believe Crazy Joe made it as far as he did in Marvel. Toronto should be ashamed but that game is random as fuck.

I hope my hand heals so I can start training for Evo. It would be nice to do respectably.

Shouta

Flash Metroid.

Also, wtf at the first page of the thread. Hell what the hell at the end of last week's thread. Weren't you guys all watching Toryuken?

Also The Japanese e-sports MAX did a piece on Nemo, Tokido, and Abegen's trip to WA but I don't think they broadcast on the net and no one puts vids of it up, lol. I wanted to see.

Azure J

After last year, I'm so hype for the UFGT Mystery Game tournament.

I hope Kensetsu Juuki Kenka Battle (Battle Construction Vehicles) and Lethal League make return appearances.

I feel like the biggest reason why I watch UFGT is for the Mystery Game Tournament. That one year with Justin playing one of the Activision Marvel games and accidentally getting the OHKO Storm Ice Storm super in something totally unrelated to Mahvel™, the New Super Mario Bros Wii hype and those hilariously janky N64 arena fighters sold me on the idea forever.

Lethal League is too fucking much though. The hype was real. :lol

JPS Kai

Against my better judgment, I'm bringing my PS3 to UFGT for another TTT2/SG setup to help out Keits. Since it has most of the fighters released on it, are there any games you guys would be interested to playing on the side?

Thores

Today's Humble Bundle is fighting game related.
GG Isuka
Vanguard Princess (Pay more than average)
Blade Symphony (Pay more than $10; that cool 3D swordfighting game from a while back)

I would have bought this entire bundle in a heartbeat if Blade Symphony had local multiplayer. Since it doesn't, I'm kind of on the fence.

Edit:
Against my better judgment, I'm bringing my PS3 to UFGT for another TTT2/SG setup to help out Keits. Since it has most of the fighters released on it, are there any games you guys would be interested to playing on the side?
Chaos Code!

JPS Kai

I would have bought this entire bundle in a heartbeat if Blade Symphony had local multiplayer. Since it doesn't, I'm kind of on the fence.

Edit:

Chaos Code!

Going through my games list and sadly, I don't own Chaos Code anymore! I had it through the HK PSN, but it looks like that count is expired.

I'm a bit out of the loop. How does the commercial Vanguard Princess differ from the free game?

Just letting you know that over on indiegala, they have Vanguard Princess in a 8-pack bundle with various anime games, and the minimum is 1 buck to buy that, so you don't need to pay the average, unless you want the final tier game in the humble bundle.

Link here: https://www.indiegala.com/weekly

NOTE: The 1 dollar for thr bundle is for today only, it will go up in price after today!

Top Bottom