• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 19-25 | Started from the bottom, now he's there

Shito

For the next page.

Those Makoto nerfs are quite Joocey.
I'm so sad about the IATs being unsafe, those are a great part of the fun I'm having playing her. :(
Nerfing her U1 is fair play, but removing her only option to get away from a mix up at the cost of her U2 is kinda overdoing it... No word on ex orochi being throw invincible so I'm not getting my hopes too high.

All in all, it makes me want to play Poison even more.

I feel like the biggest reason why I watch UFGT is for the Mystery Game Tournament. That one year with Justin playing one of the Activision Marvel games and accidentally getting the OHKO Storm Ice Storm super in something totally unrelated to Mahvel™, the New Super Mario Bros Wii hype and those hilariously janky N64 arena fighters sold me on the idea forever.

Lethal League is too fucking much though. The hype was real. :lol

No kidding.
I was also a fan of Soul Calibur II on DDR pads.

Shito

So, Uryo played like 300 matches with Poison. People have been telling him that no other character suits him better, but even though he finds her fun he doesn't think he's gonna main her. He finds that while she has a high offense / pressure game, her damage is not high enough, and thinks it's very hard to do any come back with her.

N4Us

One of my favorite Mystery Game moments was when they were doing SF1, people were having issues with the inputs, and then Funkdoc comes up and just DPs the hell out of everyone.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So, Uryo played like 300 matches with Poison. People have been telling him that no other character suits him better, but even though he finds her fun he doesn't think he's gonna main her. He finds that while she has a high offense / pressure game, her damage is not high enough, and thinks it's very hard to do any come back with her.

LOL if her damage was any higher she'd be broken.

and who wouldn't want a character they like playing to be broken

Shito

LOL if her damage was any higher she'd be broken
Yeah, he's asking for a bit too much there! ^^
Hadn't thought about it but I can see why he tried her; she's kinda like a better rounded Sakura with less damage.
Not that she doesn't have damaging moves: her ex lmt seems like it does A LOT.

chriskun

I'm so sad about the IATs being unsafe, those are a great part of the fun I'm having playing her. :(
Nerfing her U1 is fair play, but removing her only option to get away from a mix up at the cost of her U2 is kinda overdoing it... No word on ex orochi being throw invincible so I'm not getting my hopes too high.

All in all, it makes me want to play Poison even more.

maybe her IAT can be made safe by doing it at a certain distance.

Horseress

Combofiend is making SFIV a "no fuck around" game. A lot of stuff that was completely safe, or a "get out of jail card" like he says, is gone. But I think Makoto will be ok, ex red focus will be great for her

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Don't some people consider Makoto a candidate for top 5? Lol at you guys bitching that she didn't get 100% buffs. So she doesn't have a stupid get out of jail free card and can't mindlessly axe kick point blank against characters with 3f reversals. Big deal.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Combofiend is making SFIV a "no fuck around" game. A lot of stuff that was completely safe, or "get out of jail card" like he says, it's gone. But I think Makoto will be ok, ex red focus will be great for her

People are whining cause they can't play brain dead anymore. A lot of the character changes I've seen have been extremely fair and make a lot of the cast more viable in tournament. I would be glad to see a top 8 with a t. hawk in it. Hell, Cammy isn't as brain dead too now.

I'm mad that they gave Dan a new command for his cls.HK but didn't do it for Adon's cls.HK. They can even make it df+MK and make it do 80 damage, I just want Adon's cls.HK to be used as an anti air like it was originally designed.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah, he's asking for a bit too much there! ^^
Hadn't thought about it but I can see why he tried her; she's kinda like a better rounded Sakura with less damage.
Not that she doesn't have damaging moves: her ex lmt seems like it does A LOT.

It does, but why would you follow through with it and not go for a full combo off it.

I think the fact she has so many easy ways to combo along with a good projectile, overhead that goes over lows she can combo off of, good anti airs and good pressure makes her strong. Asking for Sakura level damage on top of all that is silly

chriskun

Combofiend is making SFIV a "no fuck around" game. A lot of stuff that was completely safe, or a "get out of jail card" like he says, is gone. But I think Makoto will be ok, ex red focus will be great for her

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but I doubt that USA capcom is having any real input on this game. And I didn't want her to get any buffs, I thought she was fine the way she is.

Imm0rt4l

God, I can't wait for dp FADC to be -5.

Lost Fragment
Obsessed with nerfing Makoto

:)

That's an interesting thing to test.

Well if he plays mak and even he thinks some of her stuff is dumb, then that is certainly saying something isn't it

Shouta

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but I doubt that USA capcom is having any real input on this game. And I didn't want her to get any buffs, I thought she was fine the way she is.

Combofiend had serious input. From his stories, it sounds like he had to reel them back in a bit to see it from the perspective of a world-class SF player.

Shito

It does, but why would you follow through with it and not go for a full combo off it.
Hard knockdown for the following setup?
I think it also catches airborne opponents, so it might be the best option when hitting someone with it out of the air...

I think the fact she has so many easy ways to combo along with a good projectile, overhead that goes over lows she can combo off of, good anti airs and good pressure makes her strong. Asking for Sakura level damage on top of all that is silly
I totally agree with that. I can understand him thinking her come back potential being on the low side could hinder him in tournaments, though.
Good thing I'm only playing for fun: she seems perfect for me! :)

Well if he plays mak and even he thinks some of her stuff is dumb, then that is certainly saying something isn't it
I know, it's just that every time the subject comes here, he keeps asking for nerfs. ^^
I'm not against some of them (U1 was needed), but I do think some others are not really needed nor justified. She has such a hard time escaping any form of pressure that giving up on her ultra for a one-time joker wasn't THAT exaggerated. :)

Bizazedo

I just hope my main man Bison is still fun. He looks like he will be, especially since I usually played him in a more footsie style and didn't try to chain un-ending light scissor kicks.

Shouta

I got info that even though Dawgtanian and Combofiend agrees that Dhalsim needs help, and have reported that, he isn't getting help, and they don't know why. Seems like Capcom jpn has the final word:/

Of course they have the final word, doesn't mean they didn't get input at all, lol. There's no way the the SF devs would be able to balance these chars problem on their own.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I got info that even though Dawgtanian and Combofiend agrees that Dhalsim needs help, and have reported that, he isn't getting help, and they don't know why. Seems like Capcom jpn has the final word:/

Sim is in the ER right now. Who can save him?!

lol people are complaining in the comment section on rog's changes. Saying he is top tier because he has been in every top 8 at EVO lololol

kirblar

No idea:/ Seems like the he is being sacrificed for the greater good (aka. the casual players who don't learn the Sim matchup and therefore find it very annoying to fight him)
When you have people in arcades paying per match, the psychology element there becomes very real.

Top Bottom