• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 19-25 | Started from the bottom, now he's there

Westlo

Man this Cammy spiral arrow fadc buff (+ c.hp c.mk being a 1 framer instead of 2 now) makes me want to step my game up...

EX GODMODE
cl st hp
far st hp
Hard Kick Spiral Arrow
FADC
cl st hp
far st hp
HK SA

all that into a soft oki mixup and her best version of it (cl st hp far st hp x hk arrow)

banderas.png

Onemic

I don't see how sagat is dead simply because his high tiger shot has an extra 3 frames of recovery. He'll probably still be high tier. fei too

Kumubou

Man why isn't this game out in the states yet. It looks so fun to play and there's like 5 characters that I'm really interested in.
The last time a French Bread game was released outside of Asia, dinosaurs roamed the earth. The Japanese release of the PS3 version isn't even out for a couple more months.

I don't see how sagat is dead simply because his high tiger shot has an extra 3 frames of recovery. He'll probably still be high tier. fei too

Yea he'll still be good, its just those Buff/Nerfs they're giving characters are weird.

Fix Sagat's ult so it hits full in the corner -> Nerf damage on ult lol

Imm0rt4l

Man, I'm all for armchair game development, but this is taking things a bit too far.

That's a good way to put it, for America at least.
I aint gonna cry for him. Seth with his tandem cancel bullshit and j.HK hard to blockable/unblockable nonsense was pretty dumb. Basically play a game of paper rock scissors where the odds are not equal and if you win(ie:escape) he gets to run it back. At this point you'll probably get hit with a big combo which leads a knockdown--->into some more ambiguous bullshit. Ergo Seth can eat a dick.

*Insert video of fchamp talking shit about Seth, poongko and kazunoko.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
After watching so many Asian flicks lately, Assassin's Fists does nothing for me in terms of the fight scenes. It does have great fan service though.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The first hit misses though, but still.
Hmm...
U1 on first hit: 8f
U1 on second hit: 19f
U1 on third hit: 32f

Add ~10f reaction time and Dudley is probably going to be struggling to tag anyone at max distance. Getting to Guile before he can block might not even be possible. His dash is 19f so dash ultra won't change much either.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The last time a French Bread game was released outside of Asia, dinosaurs roamed the earth. The Japanese release of the PS3 version isn't even out for a couple more months.

I wasn't aware it had ever happened

does anybody know or think that Under night in birth will get a US release?

Thinking of whether or not I should import it. ASW picked it up for the japanese console launch.

Busaiku

I imagine Atlus will probably get to it.
They've done stuff like Aquapazza and The King of Fighters, so this might be up their alley too.

Maybe Aksys, but they haven't done as many different fighters lately.

Though it's definitely not gonna be this year.

I imagine Atlus will probably get to it.
They've done stuff like Aquapazza and The King of Fighters, so this might be up their alley too.

Maybe Aksys, but they haven't done as many different fighters lately.

Though it's definitely not gonna be this year.

hmm if so then i'll wait. I know nothing of UNIB. I'll just get arcana hearts love max on the vita for now. Maybe the ps3 version as well just for collection sakes.

Kumubou

does anybody know or think that Under night in birth will get a US release?

Thinking of whether or not I should import it. ASW picked it up for the japanese console launch.
Honestly, I think it's more likely than not to happen, but it doesn't happen until it happens. The biggest issues with the Melty Blood PS2 games was the licensing and the platform. (PS2 releases would have happened in 2007 and 2010, at the earliest -- the former would have been a hard sell at retail and the latter would have been nigh impossible.) The former is a non-issue now and the latter is mitigated by digital releases and slightly better timing.

I'll still import it regardless because the hunger is too real.

Just heard NEO say this is the last UFGT??? what in the?
Keits mentioned this a whole back. I would imagine that between work, family and life running the logistics for a major event like this can be too much, and I can't really blame him. Honestly, I'm half-expecting a semi-swerve where Keits retires, there's a name change but there's still an event, as I figure the rest of the staff and some new blood could pick up the slack.

I agree 100% with those seth changes....just saying
fuck seth
Seth should have gotten a health buff to compensate for those "changes"
deletion from game
. Reason his DP was strong was because he had 800 hp.................................
But I gave up on him a while ago too flakey to get consistent wins with..

mbpm1

Fireballs are like useless unless you're playing against a character with fireballs as well.

They're not totally useless, just against people who can disrespect them and get away with it. Which is a rapidly growing list in Ultra.

The Light

Was wondering today why sfxt is staying on gfwl when sf4 is making the switch?
Also was thinking about buying the special edition of sfxt on ps3. Yay or nay on that?

kirblar

Tampa Bison's EH article is a good one. It's applying the same "try to read the player before they even start playing" mentality from Poker to FGs.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Tampa Bison's EH article is a good one. It's applying the same "try to read the player before they even start playing" mentality from Poker to FGs.

so much of it is reading players based off character choice from what i skimmed.

that's a little disappointing

Top Bottom