• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Hunt The Truth Season 2 |OT| Glassed Planets Have Bad Records...

Bsigg12

Tuesday's for the next 4 weeks are going to be amazing. New Hunt the Truth and The Sprint season 3 and then whatever else news comes out.

singhr1

Love the effects to make this episode so immersive.
BB only playing in the left ear while reducing sound of the nearby environment. The sounds of the aerial bombing and the chase scene. Sounds of bullets hitting the mongoose and the prison ship and whooshing past you, slowly fading as you flew away.

Love the effects to make this episode so immersive.
BB only playing in the left ear while reducing sound of the nearby environment. The sounds of the aerial bombing and the chase scene. Sounds of bullets hitting the mongoose and the prison ship and whooshing past you, slowly fading as you flew away.

Top notch production values.

I like it, I love it, I want some more OF IT.

That was a fantastic episode! I listen to these laying down and relaxing and my eyes popped open wide when
Ari bit it.

Also, I think that FERO is headed to Mishak because I don't think she actually killed him.

LordOfChaos

That was a fantastic episode! I listen to these laying down and relaxing and my eyes popped open wide when
Ari bit it.

Also, I think that FERO is headed to Mishak because I don't think she actually killed him.

Yeah she keeps dancing around saying she actually did, right?

With an ONI AI? No way.

Yeah that was my big hesitation for why she wouldn't go in that direction.. but.. you never know. Maybe she put him in some sort of
protective custody
or something. Even as FERO it seems like she was always trying to find a more peaceful solution to thing.

Yeah she keeps dancing around saying she actually did, right?

Yup, they specifically talk about how there was no recorded evidence of her killing him, like her gun firing etc. She danced around it and implied that she used her hands but didn't say outright that she killed him.

With an ONI AI? No way.

Yeah, but going anywhere but back to ONI right now is still suspect isn't it? I mean that is what BB suggested as being the girls best chance and FERO basically said no like she was trying to protect her friend from them.

I dont think bb makes it through the the whole season because its an oni ai and cant change allegiences, right?

I wonder if they sent her there to get killed off by zane along with ari? Since she didnt get that last transmission before he went dark...

Maybeee bb was given to fero/mya in order to save her from the missle strike since sully was well aware of it? Maybe bb becomes a new ai for locke and co? Idk... Lol

Ah man im thinking too much into this lol

Ari bit it.

I'm gonna say definitely. The fact that she hasn't addressed
his supposed death directly to the audience makes it seem pretty clear he's alive. I would think if she did have to kill him she would have reflected on that more. And analyzing data is just up his alley, particularly when the data is directly related to info he was already looking into.

Grazzt

I can't believe this is getting even better every week. Holy shit that last 5 minutes.

She already betrayed ONI by saying bombs were coming and saved a rebel girl. I'm pretty sure she's heading to Mishak's place.
BB seems quite surprised by the news of Chief's death, don't know if he's pretending or just really doesn't know.

So Chief died on 27/10/2558, and the Sword of Sanghelios mission is on the same day. Can't find the exact time of the 2nd mission tho.

Anyway, Chief must not die. #teamchief

Akai__

I can't believe this is getting even better every week. Holy shit that last 5 minutes.

She already betrayed ONI by saying bombs were coming and saved a rebel girl. I'm pretty sure she's heading to Mishak's place.
BB seems quite surprised by the news of Chief's death, don't know if he's pretending or just really doesn't know.

So Chief died on 27/10/2558, and the Sword of Sanghelios mission is on the same day. Can't find the exact time of the 2nd mission tho.

Anyway, Chief must not die. #teamchief

Chief dies on October 27th 2560, while Sword of Sangehelios takes place on October 27th 2558.

Chief dies on October 27th 2560, while Sword of Sangehelios takes place on October 27th 2558.

Not so much...
tumblr_nvg4r2kO901uokpa1o1_1280.png

but.. for good measure...

ONIlies.jpg

Madness

Man, I listened to the first season supercut yesterday, non stop at night. At first it was weird trying to understand it all because I'm more visual than auditory, but man I got sucked into the hype. Over 3 and half hours almost nonstop. Keegan Michael Key was amazing as Ben. It was a bit freaky just lying in bed, lights off, quality headphones and listening to Ben freaking out at a certain part, the sounds you could hear, and then later on when he's in his old place and you know.

Time for season 2. I can't believe my stubbornness at not wanting to listen before. This really is some of the best marketing and storytelling I've seen. Helped me world build so much more after post-Halo 3 story in my mind.

SaganIsGOAT

Man, I listened to the first season supercut yesterday, non stop at night. At first it was weird trying to understand it all because I'm more visual than auditory, but man I got sucked into the hype. Over 3 and half hours almost nonstop. Keegan Michael Key was amazing as Ben. It was a bit freaky just lying in bed, lights off, quality headphones and listening to Ben freaking out at a certain part, the sounds you could hear, and then later on when he's in his old place and you know.

Time for season 2. I can't believe my stubbornness at not wanting to listen before. This really is some of the best marketing and storytelling I've seen. Helped me world build so much more after post-Halo 3 story in my mind.

Embrace the tumblrs. It'll make the experience more fun.

Madness

Embrace the tumblrs. It'll make the experience more fun.

What is on the Tumblr page? I used the SoundCloud supercut link to listen. The one thing I really wanted to see was the Biko embassy video. Trying to see how it was first shown, before the second angles changed it.

AYF 001

I like the whole meta-angle they're taking from the commercial misinformation for the series. Throws everyone for a loop. Of course I doubt most of the people who were there actually watching the non-video game even gave it a second thought.

Philistines.

Grazzt

Not so much...
tumblr_nvg4r2kO901uokpa1o1_1280.png

Yep. This message makes realise that the timeline of this season is the same as Halo 5, which makes it even more interesting.
So Locke and his team are on the Sanghelios when Chief 'dies', however they are supposed to follow/hunt the Chief. Does this mean Chief is on Sanghelios? Reunites with Arbiter?

AYF 001

Yep. This message makes realise that the timeline of this season is the same as Halo 5, which makes it even more interesting.
So Locke and his team are on the Sanghelios when Chief 'dies', however they are supposed to follow/hunt the Chief. Does this mean Chief is on Sanghelios? Reunites with Arbiter?

Or the Librarian upgraded him to...Quantum Master Chief! Now with special multiposition and time-travel abilities! Buy now! (Also that would explain how there are multiple MC's in Halo 4 lol)

I guess he's KIA because ONI doesn't want to explain why he left the reservation.. it'd be huge fodder for the insurrectionists. His death as a hero mitigates that.

RoKKeR

Listened to today's episodes. God damn, so damn good. Plus the implications for Halo 5 are immense... getting me real hyped for the story. Might have to go dark on everything but HTT.

SilentRob

Uuuuh, was that
Lori Alan
aka
The Motherfucking Boss
as
Ilsa
? Because it sure as hell sounded like her and I maybe freaked out a little.

The Voice of the Boss starring as a badass pissed off rebelious Spartan drop out? That casting is so fucking perfect i can't even deal with it.

Akai__

10 minutes in to the first one and I'm hooked already. Thanks for the recommendations from this thread guys.

One nit pick already though. The main guy states he got to go on one of the newest Autumn class cruisers...In the fall of reach its specifically stated that the Pillar of Autumn is an old rusty piece of shit of really old no-longer-made cruisers.

Nerdiest thing i think i've ever said haha

Random17

10 minutes in to the first one and I'm hooked already. Thanks for the recommendations from this thread guys.

One nit pick already though. The main guy states he got to go on one of the newest Autumn class cruisers...In the fall of reach its specifically stated that the Pillar of Autumn is an old rusty piece of shit of really old no-longer-made cruisers.

Nerdiest thing i think i've ever said haha

And you are correct; but the Pillar of Autumn was a Halycon class cruiser.

The new Autumn class cruiser is a post war build based on the old Halycon in memory of the original Pillar of Autumn. :)

And you are correct; but the Pillar of Autumn was a Halycon class cruiser.

The new Autumn class cruiser is a post war build based on the old Halycon in memory of the original Pillar of Autumn.

And BAM, glad to know I was wrong. I've only read the first book, which so far has been more than enough lore to keep me up to speed on ONI/UNSC lingo. But great to know that 343/Microsoft is getting deep into the lore.

Glass

Would anyone mind giving me a recap of Season 1?

I'd listen to the supercut, but I really don't have nearly 4 hours to burn.

You could try the primer and the first episode of Season 1 (3 minutes and 12 minutes respectively)

A 4 hour chunk is a big investment, the invidiual episodes are the way to go if you want to get other things done in the day :p

Just listened to the new episode, I can't figure out which character Mark Hamill is, both the men in the episode sounded a bit like him.

Pretty great Season 2 so far, really starting to tie everything into the game build up.

My only worry now is the game can't possibly be anything other than a disappointment now !!

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Blargh. I just got New Blood spoiled cause someone accidentally said it was Bloodlines spoilers, so I read them. I just bought it and Saint's Testimony on Audible last night too. Oh well.

Listened to all of season 1 and what's out of season 2 yesterday and picked up copies of Broken Circle, Hunters in the Dark, and Last Light earlier this week. That'll get me completely caught up on Halo lore before Halo 5. Looks like it'll be out before Season 2 and Escalation finish though. I'm tempted to wait because they really seem like they should be consumed first.

LordOfChaos

Top Bottom