• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Hunt The Truth Season 2 |OT| Glassed Planets Have Bad Records...

Random17

I think they're just dropping the thermodynamics defying engine. Not sure about the 3-shot MAC, haven't read anything with (human) fleet combat in a while.

I've read many discussions about UNSC ship capabilities before, and frankly it is a gigantic mess before they got Forerunner enhancements. Best to move on because there is a sizable amount of inconsistency in this field.

LordOfChaos

I've read many discussions about UNSC ship capabilities before, and frankly it is a gigantic mess before they got Forerunner enhancements. Best to move on because there is a sizable amount of inconsistency in this field.

The clean break does make sense, with Forerunner engines why bother explaining upgraded human engines.

Though, they only have one ship with a Forerunner engine bolted on right now, right? They still have to be building human engine ones.

Yoo, episode 2 though. BB is perfect, just like I imagined him while reading through the Kilo-Five trilogy. Literally down to the tamber of his voice. Prolly because I imagined him as shady space Jarvis ...

Ilsa Zane is brutal. Somehow, I think she and the NCA will be in Halo 5 in some fashion.

The production effort for this episode was fantastic though. The bombing was legit nerve-wracking.

Would anyone mind giving me a recap of Season 1?

I'd listen to the supercut, but I really don't have nearly 4 hours to burn.

I'd really, really suggest listening to the first season, take it an episode a day or something, they start out as like, 10-15 minute clips, they get a little longer towards the end (maybe 18-20 minutes). A recap cannot do the audio work justice.

You need to hear and feel Ben's story.

Random17

Ilsa Zane is brutal. Somehow, I think she and the NCA will be in Halo 5 in some fashion.
Well, the ESRB rating does say "human enemies" for the first time in the franchise's history IIRC. Could be a reference to the two teams battling it out, and it probably is, but you never know.

LordOfChaos

Yoo, episode 2 though. BB is perfect, just like I imagined him while reading through the Kilo-Five trilogy. Literally down to the tamber of his voice. Prolly because I imagined him as shady space Jarvis ...

Right? Really good casting. I think a lot of us imagined him as a sarcastic English-accented Jarvis-type.

Edit: So much so that I even quoted you without even realizing you said Jarvis, until after I said Jarvis. Jarvis with a hint of Tyrion.

crash7800

ydf9OvS.jpg

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Right? Really good casting. I think a lot of us imagined him as a sarcastic English-accented Jarvis-type.

Edit: So much so that I even quoted you without even realizing you said Jarvis, until after I said Jarvis. Jarvis with a hint of Tyrion.

Euan Morton voiced him very similarly in the kilo-five audio books too.

I was playing around with the Halo Channel app on the NXOE last night and listened to 02.01 again with my surround sound headphones.. hot damn. That Ben anguish. Such wonderfully brutal stuff.

tw1164

I started listening to this on Monday. I found it just browsing for new podcasts. I'm all caught up now, and was sad when I ran out of episodes to listen to today. I was pretty ho-hum about Halo 5. After listening to this, I'm looking forward to it now. I'm really impressed w/ the production of this series. If MS put this much care/effort into a podcast/radio drama, I'm excited to see what they do in the game.

Just started listening to this today and finished episode 7. I wasn't originally going to get Halo 5 but caved to the hype and have been just trying to get as much Halo in me as possible. I had wanted to listen to this a few months ago but just never did and wrote it off as probably just some dumb filler story.

Welp, I was wrong and I'm hooked. The production quality is off the charts for a radio drama with surprisingly well developed characters and great acting. Keegan-Michael Key is especially surprising, as I've only seen his comedy sketches.

So yeah, hopefully I'll be caught up within the next few days and from then I'll be waiting anxiously for each new episode.

Monocle

Somewhat unrelated, but Mister Chief's voice is Nick Offerman (Ron from Parks and Rec/Metalbeard):

http://youtu.be/eN_tD5y6k6s

343 has brought in some fantastic voice talent.
That's awesome.

Just started listening to this today and finished episode 7. I wasn't originally going to get Halo 5 but caved to the hype and have been just trying to get as much Halo in me as possible. I had wanted to listen to this a few months ago but just never did and wrote it off as probably just some dumb filler story.

Welp, I was wrong and I'm hooked. The production quality is off the charts for a radio drama with surprisingly well developed characters and great acting. Keegan-Michael Key is especially surprising, as I've only seen his comedy sketches.

So yeah, hopefully I'll be caught up within the next few days and from then I'll be waiting anxiously for each new episode.
Wow, somehow I totally missed that he's Benjamin Giraud's voice actor. Really impressive performance. Guy has range.

That's awesome.

Wow, somehow I totally missed that he's Benjamin Giraud's voice actor. Really impressive performance. Guy has range.

Right!? With their show ending, i really hope he continues to do more. Kind of hope his character becomes someone important in the halo universe and the resolution ends up being favorable for Ben. :D

shiba5

Right!? With their show ending, i really hope he continues to do more. Kind of hope his character becomes someone important in the halo universe and the resolution ends up being favorable for Ben. :D

Master Chief saves Ben and Ben becomes the new Cortana.
Ship it!

Arjac

Master Chief saves Ben and Ben becomes the new Cortana.
Ship it!
Well, seeing as Ben is in the Halo universe and isn't a soldier.
Either there's a Midnight level where his cell is in some hidden area.
Or he get's gunned down to assert the enemy's threat.
doubly so for the 2nd if Brutes make a return

Just finished season one a couple days ago. Man what a heartbreaking ending. Though it was pretty obvious what was gonna happen, but its acted so well. I'm up to episode 2 of season 2, and oh man, the feels.....

That new commercial tying into hunt the truth.. So goooood.

#hunttheteuth

They dont want chief back. They want him dead!! Eff you ONI!!

YEAH MAN!!! EP 3 !!!

MSHAK!

LOL "COMPUTER ZOMBIESSS!!!"
"OH no.... " hahahaha

"...almost wiped out by an alien race that breathes farts...."

LMAO !!!

Ah i cant wait for the next episode!!

IronRinn

Ep. 3 starting off with some much needed levity.

MSHAK!

Edit: Ah, that was really good. Super exciting. Was there a Wilhelm Scream buried in there near the end?

Top Bottom