• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

• Total voters

M1987

Gold Member
I'll give it a B because most things are out next year like always with Xbox,but it shit all over SOP and SGF

Last edited:
The show was aimed at the American market, so it's an "A" from me.
Excellent show by Microsoft.
We'll see how all these games will be publicly received. I know it's 2024 but..

ungalo

I might not like everything that i've seen artistically, but they definitely showed they still have ambitions when it comes to production, which is something i highly doubted during the last couple years.

It's an encouraging A.

Last edited:

marjo

A for me.

Highlights include:

-Doom
-Fable
-Flight SIm 2024
-Stalker 2
-Perfect Dark
-Indiana Jones
-Avowed
-Age of Mythology
-The non anime western made JRPG I can't remember the title of

clarky

Gold Member
I'll give it a B because most things are out next like always with Xbox
Not so. There was a fair bit of the show that's out this year. i thought it was a decent mix of this year and 2025 with a couple of sneaks at 2026 (gears 6? Perfect Dark?)/

Exactly what a show should be.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
My two biggest takeaways from the showcase were:

1. Damn, MS brought their A-game today, excellent showing.
2. There are way more insufferable incels on GAF than I thought.

In my opinion it was the best show of this week. It was excellently paced.

I’m interested in Fable, Metal Gear and Gears E-Day, the rest I didn’t care for.

There was far too many cutscenes in some of the trailers over gameplay and frankly I was getting bored.

To me it lacked anything that made me feel truly excited. A lot of first person stuff that I didn’t care for.

Indiy and Avowed look rough imo especially the latter. Perfect Dark reminded me of Mirrors Edge a bit.

The biggest disappointment for me had to be the State of Decay trailer , after all these years a blink of gameplay and the rest cinematically and no time frame for a release either. Really lame.

No Gears collection or the rumoured Gears 6 blow people away footage. These insiders need to do one to be honest.

Of course, the usual suspects are out there wanting people to kiss Spencer’s feet but won’t accept the years of mediocrity along with it.

I’d give it a 7.

HerjansEagleFeeder

Gold Member
Almost too much to process, I'm still dizzy from all the announcements, hols shit. Easy A, tons of high class titles being shown with gameplay and everything. Perfect Dark looked great to me. Only thing I'm missing is a new Hexen or Quake. Hopefully id gets to that after The Dark Ages. Maybe this is the first day where things get turned around for them?

intbal

I'm a one-issue voter, so there was no chance of it being anything other than an F for me.
I'm still an Xbox guy, but all I care about is BC. Without new additions, anything Microsoft does is meaningless to me.

M1987

Gold Member
Not so. There was a fair bit of the show that's out this year. i thought it was a decent mix of this year and 2025 with a couple of sneaks at 2026 (gears 6? Perfect Dark?)/

Exactly what a show should be.
I will always have 3 years of game pass,so I'm eating good no matter when they come out

Radical_3d

Remember when some here told you that investing in an XBOX was a bad ide and Gamepass was getting worse???🤷🏻
Listen, without the trolls from one side and another this site would be boring. I’ll be playing Indiana in my SX this holidays, Rebirth on my PS5Pro and Civ VII on my PC.
Ride Rolling GIF by Jin Wicked

Ozriel

M$FT
B-

Yeah they showed a lot of games and compared to the other two bombs it’s no contest. But why is everyone out here handing out A’s when a vast majority of that show was pre-rendered cutscenes, and announcements with no year attached at all? Fable, Perfect Dark, and GoW E-Day for example didn’t even list a year.

Fable had 'Coming 2025' in the trailer.

We also had gameplay for Avowed, Indiana Jones, Doom, Perfect Dark, State of Decay 3, Flintlock, Expedition 33, Flight SIM 2024, Age of Mythology, Fable, STALKER 2, Assassins Creed, Wuchang, MGS Delta, Starfield Shattered Space, Life is strange, South of Midnight and Winter Burrow.

Are you sure you even watched the showcase?

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
C.

The good:

Gears 6: Marcus and Dom, Locust, sink holes, e-day. Best decision they could make as the characters and enemies in 4 and 5 are weak as it gets.

Perfect Dark: aside from making Joanna Dark as ugly as can be, the gameplay actually looked good in my opinion. Sadly this looked limited to one level, and Matt Booty said they’ll be sharing more as development progresses, 2026 release? A little worried that the level didn’t look alive.

Doom: not a fan of the franchise but looked good to me, and in line with the reboot and sequel, I like the setting.

Indiana Jones: looked good graphically and gameplay wise. They’re definitely stripping him of his heroism and gifting it to his lady sidekick but that’s par for the course.

The mid:

Fable: Matt King is a legend, and he was the best part of the trailer. I like Playground but this looks shakey as to me. Ridiculous protagonist, female antagonist (at least we’ve moved beyond straight white men only for the role of antagonist), just wooden.

Atomfall: Xbox attracts these sorts of games like a magnet for some reason, the Lake District setting is the only interesting thing about it.

The bad:

Avowed: this has been massacred from the initial reveal. It looks absolutely average.

Dragon Age 4: looked absolutely terrible to me, everything I hate in modern western gaming. The intros for the characters had me cringing hard.

Assassins Creed: I applaud anyone who can still play these games. This one looks bad.

South of Midnight: not for me.

Everything else I just felt absolute apathy towards.

As always with Xbox, the above will make for a pretty graphic but execution and delivery will need to be significantly better than their effort over the past 10 years for these games to make a dent. In fact, here’s an infographic for you all:

All-Games-Use-in-Intro-3f108b645c564f9025bd-1536x864.jpg

SteadyEvo

Gears of War E Day was beautiful. Young Marcus in the trenches. Gritty. In your face hand to hand. It’s life or death. Trailer hit hard. Getting a 2TB this holiday.

Their best effort to date.

A+

Little Mac

Solid A. It was a great presentation. I no longer have a series console but I have to give them props. There were a lot of interesting titles shown and I hope for fan’s sake they can follow through and deliver over the next few years.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

B+ Perfect Dark showed better than I thought it would. Many soul likes that looked distinct and interesting. Doom looked really cool. Stalker 2 looks like it is right up my alley. Omnimovement looks like a fresh take on the high speed movement of CoD (which i usually ignore). Edit: I forgot to mention Indiana Jones. Riddick remains one of my favorite first person games of all time, I hope Indiana captures that feeling.

Big question mark on why the Digital Series X is saddled with a 1TB SSD, while the "Special Edition X" is getting a 2TB drive. Seems like a digital only console should receive priority in the SSD space department.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
So many great shown games today, I don’t know what thread to go into, lol. This really was the best showing in years, imo.

Dr. Suchong

Brilliant show.
Good to feel new found confidence in my £500 paperweight.
Great selection of titles.
Fable and Perfect dark look fantastic.
What the fuck are Rare doing?
A solid B+ from me.

clarky

Gold Member
So many great shown games today, I don’t know what thread to go into, lol. This really was the best showing in years, imo.
Yup, if there was nothing for you in this show then you're either lying to yourself or dead inside.

Awesome show and a good day for gaming.

acidagfc

A

Looks like MS did not get the memo that the industry is dead and Xbox is closing, so they went with a real E3 conference.

Lots of interesting stuff, no tv or movie spots, plenty of actually new titles, not just remakes or sequels.

Good job, Phil, really good one.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Sony couldnt top this up even in their dreams

Summer Game Fest was a C

State of Play was a D

This was a B

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This was a good show. Now it had issues:
1. Almost nothing had a release date. Who knows what shape Xbox will be in once these come out?
2. Avowed has officially lost any interest for me. That game just doesn’t look good,
3. The word exclusive wasn’t used anywhere…unless I missed it.
4. Gears 6 was a pretty awful….one more thing…unless it had gameplay and a release date. Don’t end the show with a trailer.
5…and the DEI crap is becoming so blatant and annoying.
6. No fucking Fallout 3 Remastered
7. No shadow drops or surprises.

Doom didn’t look quite as interesting as I was hoping, but I said the same about Eternal so I’m not worried.
Indiana Jones looks great to me.

I’ll be generous and give the show a B. Absolutely blasted the shitshow from Sony and Showcase.

Top Bottom