• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

• Total voters
Honestly that was much better than I thought it would be. Can't remember a show as good as that. Even the filler games I liked the looks of, the Rebellion game for example. Right now I can't criticise it, I'll probably watch it again and see if it holds up as I think I was expecting something bad and so it blasted through my expectations.

After sitting through the PS and Summer Gamesfest Showcases and coming away not wanting to play any of the games, this one seems like an easy A to me. I'm not sure if I'm grading on the curve because the other two were just so terribly uninteresting or what. But FINALLY it looks like there's hope for somewhat interesting games in the near future.

Fabieter

It was good, what i actually liked the most conpared to the sony show was they also started with a gaas game but it was more of a peak and said they are gonna into it later. Was a great decision for pacing.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I liked a majority of what was shown. A few games just are not what I play (plane game, cod game, mouse game, gears game, supernatural murder mystery game).

I was disappointed by a few of the things (dragon age trailer doesn't inspire confidence), Avowed just doesn't look very compelling to me, but am excited for a few I thought I would skip (Fable trailer was delivered very well).

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I havent seen it but judging by what people have said it seems like a showcase w a bunch of names and cinematics but no gameplay. I'm not voting as i've not seen it live, but i'd give it a C+. I like gameplay in my showcase

Wulfer

A

Because MS covered all areas except for Racing and Platforms. Perfect Dark was just one of many show stoppers! This was E3 a real E3 show!

Still miss the Live shows sink or swim. They were great to watch!

Last edited:

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Went in expecting a D or C at best.

Wanted to give them an F because fuck you Phil ya lying ****, fuck that grease talking Sarah Bond too.

Had to give them an A, because holy shit that was game after game that was amazing, fantastic, Game Pass (Free in my head), bombastic and awe inspiring.

Fuck you Xbox for making me love that so much lol.

XXL

Call of Duty BOPS 6 - Dont care
Doom The Dark Ages - Looks good, but Dont care
State of Decay 3 - Need to see gameplay
Dragon Age: The Veilguard (Fall 2024) - Dont care
Starfield: Shattered Space - Dont care
Fallout 76 Expansion - Dont care
Expedition 33 - Looks great
South of Midnight - Dont care
World of Warcraft: The War Within - Dont care
MGS Delta - Something looks off
Sea of Thieves: Season 13 - Dont care
Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn - Dont remember
Age of Mythology: Retold - Interested
Perfect Dark - Very interested, but want details
Diablo IV DLC - Dont care
Fable - Not sold yet
FragPunk - Dont remember
Winter Burrow - Dont remember
Mixtape - Dont care
Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Gen Update - Looks good
Elder Scrolls Online 10yr Anniversary - Dont care
Life is Strange: Double Exposure - Dont care
Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - Not sold yet
MechaBreak - Looks great
WUCHANG: Fallen Feathers - Looks Ok
Avowed - Looks good
Atomfall - Looks OK
Assassin's Creed: Shadows - Dont care
S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 - Looks amazing
Gears of War: E-Day - Need to see gameplay

Last edited:

RickMasters

That was a home run. Too many games to mention but yeah…….. I’m happy with what they have coming out in between now and the end of 2025.

I won’t be cancelling my gamepass sun anytime soon.

Avowed, perfect dark, south of midnight, fable…. All looked good. Al it more just can’t remember everything off the top of my head. That mech game looks awesome too!

Even their DLC expansions for stuff like sea of theives, Diablo, fallout 76 and ESO. Flight simulator looks like it’s gonna be a lot more fun. Starfields DLC looks interesting…And stalker 2 is locked in for September…. Indian jones looks good. So much I saw that I liked!

Man! I don’t even know what to play!

I’m even impressed with COD this year. The omni movement stuff sounds cool. Was hoping to hear a bit more about the rest of the COD games being available on gamepass. Along with tony hawks. But I guess we will have those on gamepass before the end of the year anyway.

I like what I seen so far and. Already have a lot to play in the present.

Isa

I.... didn't actually like it at all. There were a few okay moments but nothing was for me sadly. Most western games are totally unappealing to me now, I was hoping for something better(suited to my tastes) but it just never came. I'll just keep saving money I suppose and continue on with other hobbies. The games they decided to show opening cinematics for were pretty damn bad. Granted it is personal preference, but Jesus I can't for the life of me stand modern directing. Super zoomed in shaky-cams to suggest action! OMG WOW!

Glad many of you came away pleased though, should be a few years of fun ahead. Not trying to be a Debby Downer, just my personal opinion is all.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I.... didn't actually like it at all. There were a few okay moments but nothing was for me sadly. Most western games are totally unappealing to me now, I was hoping for something better(suited to my tastes) but it just never came. I'll just keep saving money I suppose and continue on with other hobbies. The games they decided to show opening cinematics for were pretty damn bad. Granted it is personal preference, but Jesus I can't for the life of me stand modern directing. Super zoomed in shaky-cams to suggest action! OMG WOW!

Glad many of you came away pleased though, should be a few years of fun ahead. Not trying to be a Debby Downer, just my personal opinion is all.
Yea, its hard to care when you know at least half the games will be infested with DEI trash and almost the other half are GAAS.

Reactions: Isa

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Call of Duty BOPS 6 - Dont care
Doom The Dark Ages - Looks good, but Dont care
Dragon Age: The Veilguard (Fall 2024) - Dont care
Starfield: Shattered Space - Dont care
South of Midnight - Dont care
MGS Delta - Something looks off
Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn - Dont remember
Age of Mythology: Retold - Interested
Diablo IV DLC - Dont care
Fable - Not sold yet
FragPunk - Dont remember
Winter Burrow - Dont remember
Mixtape - Dont care
Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Gen Update - Looks good
Life is Strange: Double Exposure - Dont care
Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - Not sold yet
MechaBreak - Looks great
Avowed - Looks good
Atomfall - Looks OK
Assassin's Creed: Shadows - Dont care
S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 - Looks amazing
Gears of War: E-Day - Need to see gameplay
I hear you re: Metal Gear feeling odd, I'm hyped, but something bugged me.

A simply for hearing Super Hans.
Fucking YES.

As soon as I heard the voice, I was waiting to see logos in the foam, or some men with ven.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Yup, if there was nothing for you in this show then you're either lying to yourself or dead inside.

Awesome show and a good day for gaming.
Yeah like I actively went in wanting to hate this, like reallllly hate it.. but how could you?

This was possibly the best single presentation of games in all E3/SOG history: not outdoing the 'breathtaking' moments of course, but something new, something good (for once!!).

Giving this an A is wild. No real surprises at all. I give it a B. Games look good but it's a bunch of stuff we've known about for years. Also not interested in this crap looking Fable and South of Midnight with racist devs. Dragon Age ruined with that art style.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
No Xbox handheld or Fallout 3 remaster makes it a C rating.

Also, I'm surprised how many games now have female protagonists. I actually think more games in that showcase had female protagonists than male protagonists? Not a bad thing, just an observation on a change.

Isa

Isa Isa That French RPG looked potentially good.
True there is promise with that one, and I'll give Avowed a shot, maybe even South of Midnight. But there was so little Asian presence there this year. Not even Metaphor like wtf?! Granted that game had its SGF moment but still not even mentioned in passing iirc.

phant0m

Fable had 'Coming 2025' in the trailer.

We also had gameplay for Avowed, Indiana Jones, Doom, Perfect Dark, State of Decay 3, Flintlock, Expedition 33, Flight SIM 2024, Age of Mythology, Fable, STALKER 2, Assassins Creed, Wuchang, MGS Delta, Starfield Shattered Space, Life is strange, South of Midnight and Winter Burrow.

Are you sure you even watched the showcase?
He didn’t.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I really liked the new Dragon Age aesthetic, reminds me of Vox Machina mixed with Vinland Saga: looked dope to me: didn't feel trashed by DEI or SBI shite, looked very Dragon Age to me.

Did have a bit of a hero shooter element to it, but Dragon Age has always been way quickier than ME or the other BioWare properties: Allistair and Varric always had the lols: now, he's even got a beard - 10/10.

I see a lot more humor being injected and tbh, with all the grimdark around (which I love, don't get me wrong) - sometimes some Varric infused hilarity in Thedas is what you need.

Denton

Call of Duty BOPS 6 - will play campaign if they add previous BLOPS games to gamepass
Doom The Dark Ages - Looks good, but Dont care much
Dragon Age: The Veilguard (Fall 2024) - terrible trailer, but still mildly excited
Starfield: Shattered Space - looked good, will play Starfield eventually
South of Midnight - looked good
MGS Delta - Must play, fantastic
Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn - potentially interesting
Age of Mythology: Retold - looked great
Diablo IV DLC - gonna play
Fable - Not sold yet, but looked good
FragPunk - Dont care
Winter Burrow - Dont care
Mixtape - looked great
Microsoft Flight Simulator Next Gen Update - Looked great
Life is Strange: Double Exposure - must play
Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - must play
MechaBreak - dont care
Avowed - Looks ok, but will play since it is obsidian RPG
Atomfall - Looks OK
Assassin's Creed: Shadows - looks good, considering it is ubisoft
S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 - Looks amazing, must play, buying CE, game of the show
Gears of War: E-Day - Need to see gameplay but looked great

Fredrik

I’ve been negative and cranky over Microsoft’s decisions lately but no more of that after this show. The doom and gloom stops now. I don’t care what they do now, I’ll just be feasting on their games! 10/10

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Bros i see some high scores here but did we all forget most of the games showed were for 2025(might be delayed again since its so far) and literally 0 exclusives?

Meaning GIF

Folks are voting on the show itself here.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
No Xbox handheld or Fallout 3 remaster makes it a C rating.

no Xbox handheld is a major plus.
How were they going to make a handheld capable of running Xbox Series games, with the current AMD chipsets in view today? Not even the upcoming Strix point will cut it.

Also, I'm surprised how many games now have female protagonists. I actually think more games in that showcase had female protagonists than male protagonists? Not a bad thing, just an observation on a change.

Fable, South of Midnight and Flintlock were revealed quite a while back with female protagonists.

xrnzaaas

No Forza Horizon 6 is (an expected) downer, but Gears of War E-Day was a very very positive surprise and I'm glad they featured STALKER 2 (I don't want spoilers so I'm not watching the trailer). It was okay, I'm not waiting on too many of these games, but they're trying and they didn't show games from very early phases of development.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

Banned
Very good overall, but reading between the lines, correct me if I am wrong:

- no mention of Xbox exclusive at all anywhere in this show. They just put what xbox platforms or pc and gamepass and said nothing else.
- press release for doom says ps5

Since Doom is a huge title for Ms, and the lack of Xbox exclusive anywhere in that video, the floodgates on all software is open.

No portable sucks, white digital x is nice.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Yeah, I think Xbox won the "non-E3".

I know we still have Nintendo, but they have a new system coming up, and we know this June Direct won't feature that. So, it's pretty much guaranteed to be a mild presentation.

And even if we are surprised, I highly doubt there will be anything too incredible..

FingerBang

Solid B, best show of the year so far. Not many titles I'm interested in, but some looked crazy good and are day one on game pass

cybertailor

Neo Member
D, lot's of content, but nothing looks really exceptional to me to be honest. I feel that Microsoft really needs to foster a enviorment where creative directors have more say and freedom to create, because everything seems very "designed by a commitee". There really is or should be no good reason why Sony is so much better at creating blockbuster games whos characters and worlds seem much more lived in and exciting (GOW:R, Uncharted, TLOU2, Horizon etc.). There's just this blandness to so many of the titles, which Sony now also seems to have successfully recreated in Concord, that's really depressing.

Top Bottom