• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ssshhh! ;) Don't discuss the other groups' set-up, we can't be having outside interference now.

We should probably add that to each thread's rules, no cross--pollination.

EDIT: Oops, you beat me to it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Also, Karkador, MattyG, before I forget - if you put all your Role PMs and who they were sent to in the shared moderator thread plus any other information necessary, then if either of you can't make a session for some reason, one of us three can temporarily do that session. Should make moderating more easy.

I'm not even in the animal crossing game and I have it subscribed...

Can't wait to enter our own wretched hive of scum and villainy.

We must be cautious!

MattyG

Banned
Karkador's thread is up, huehuehue! The excitement builds. I wonder how close MattyG is to getting all his confirmations.
I have about half the confirmations. Hopefully it can go up tonight. If not, I'll probably have them all tomorrow.

Man, if I were to get passed over because of that, I would've flipped!
I'm glad I kept looking. It was misspelled on the list a few pages back, so even when I typed "Tera" I couldn't find it. Glad Traube helped me out on it. Welcome aboard!

RetroMG

I would like to get added to the backup list. I know it's probably not going to happen, and I'm okay with that. But I'm down if there ends up being room.

Palmer_v1

I would like to get added to the backup list. I know it's probably not going to happen, and I'm okay with that. But I'm down if there ends up being room.

Is there a player list and one for those on the waiting list?

Crab is currently keeping track of the reserve list. There's 3 or 4 ahead of you right now, but anyone that doesn't get into these two games is guaranteed a spot next time around.

How do you plan stuff without knowing what the rules of the game and your role is going to be? Genuinely curious since this will be the first time I'm playing Mafia in a forum setting.

Mainly going off the last game. I know how the the first two days turned out, so I can base a rudimentary plan around that.

Regardless of rule set or role, Day 1 should end in No Lynch. Day 2 is trickyer, too many variables. Who could have guessed Egruntz(Normal Townie) would have mouthed off and got wacked so early last game? Certainly not me. That said, I'll try to make sure Day 2 isn't boring if nothing happens. I won't spoiler my plans for Day 2, but it should be fun.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Mainly going off the last game. I know how the the first two days turned out, so I can base a rudimentary plan around that.

Regardless of rule set or role, Day 1 should end in No Lynch. Day 2 is trickyer, too many variables. Who could have guessed Egruntz(Normal Townie) would have mouthed off and got wacked so early last game? Certainly not me. That said, I'll try to make sure Day 2 isn't boring if nothing happens. I won't spoiler my plans for Day 2, but it should be fun.

I always lynch Day 1. Always. Otherwise you have no real information Day 2. A no lynch day is an excuse for mafia to coast.

I always lynch Day 1. Always. Otherwise you have no real information Day 2. A no lynch day is an excuse for mafia to coast.

I agree, and I might even push for it, but I'd be surprised if Day 1 ends in anything but a no lynch.

The motto last game was "wait for information", and you're also correct this allowed the Mafia to coast far.

2 life lessons from Game 1.
Don't wait, seek.
Inactivity should be punished, as it only aids scum.

I agree, and I might even push for it, but I'd be surprised if Day 1 ends in anything but a no lynch.

The motto last game was "wait for information", and you're also correct this allowed the Mafia to coast far.

2 life lessons from Game 1.
Don't wait, seek.
Inactivity should be punished, as it only aids scum.

Until it turns out that you're scum again. We're onto you.

raindoc

Until it turns out that you're scum again. We're onto you.

OeGB77i.gif

Animal Crossing - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome has officially begun!

I can't wait to see everyone slowly, but surely, distrust each other and kill one another and gradually descend into wide-spread anarchy and chaos how this game turns out! Just can't wait to get our game started so I can see my role.

raindoc

Okay, who's confirmation is still missing in the Star Wars group? I want names! *puts new batteries into lightfork*

MattyG

Banned
I'm still waiting on two confirmations. Sorry guys!

Dammit Kark, you're making me look bad with your promptness.

Karkador

Banned
I'm still waiting on two confirmations. Sorry guys!

Dammit Kark, you're making me look bad with your promptness.

Nah, you're doing fine.

I'm making it look easy, but it's really just luck that so many of the players were prompt and the player replacement went about as smoothly as I could have hoped.

It took a crazy, sleep-deprived weekend to pull it all together on my end, and praying that all the game info is water-tight enough to not get spoiled and ruin the game.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You'll have waited 3 days by tomorrow, MattyG, so if they haven't replied by tomorrow evening, drop them, move on, and PM the next two people on the waiting list, which is uh... Makai and Rymuth. Don't worry about it taking a while, you probably remember it took me ages to get replacements at the start of our game, I went through like 6 people. :p Kark clearly got lucky with all the eager beavers.

Karkador

Banned
Makai had responded to my substitution PM, but the person ahead in line did, too. So they are definitely up for it. Get Makai in the game!

Your avatar is so goddamn smug looking.

He's secretly pleased about being able to watch all of the ensuing chaos that's going to happen in Devillage Ass, all while being safe in his god position. This is what happens when serial killers are executed; their souls get transferred into innocent animals and help to moderate places that should be pure.

At least in the Galaxy far far away, people expect this sort of thing to happen. Those poor anthro animals didn't see any of it coming.

Top Bottom