• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

RetroMG

both teams have a conversion ability.

YOU'RE A KID NOW, YOU'RE A SQUID NOW.

I just had the weirdest idea reading this. Did anyone ever watch that show Awake with Jason Isaacs? He would go to sleep in a world where his son died and wake up in a world where his son was alive, and vice versa.

You could have two concurrent Mafia games with the same players. During the day everyone has one role, but during the night phase everyone has another role, to account for the shifting realities.

This might not make sense or be in any way a good idea. I'm very tired.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
both teams have a conversion ability.

YOU'RE A KID NOW, YOU'RE A SQUID NOW.

... What if there was a third party role where every day they switched between playing pro town and pro mafia? Not sure what the win condition would be though...

I just had the weirdest idea reading this. Did anyone ever watch that show Awake with Jason Isaacs? He would go to sleep in a world where his son died and wake up in a world where his son was alive, and vice versa.

You could have two concurrent Mafia games with the same players. During the day everyone has one role, but during the night phase everyone has another role, to account for the shifting realities.

That could only work if the mafia didn't know who their partners were, unless it was random for both ends as to who had what role, but then it would just be playing 2 games at the same time with the same people.

Zubz

Banned

I like that idea. Granted, that might just be because I posted that "Traveler" idea about 2 concurrent games with their own sets of players, with each game having a role that takes that player, as well as another chosen player, into the other game. This wouldn't be entirely unlike that, except it'd be the same group of people. It might get a little complicated, but I guess the Traveler idea comes off like that, too.

squidyj

why would you remind me of the injustices of network television? one fucking season :(

RetroMG

why would you remind me of the injustices of network television? one fucking season :(

You and I describe "injustice" very differently, it seems.

That could only work if the mafia didn't know who their partners were, unless it was random for both ends as to who had what role, but then it would just be playing 2 games at the same time with the same people.

The idea would definitely need some workshopping to be viable.

Man, the AC game is tense now. I feel like we're in the deep breath before the plunge.

squidyj

You and I describe "injustice" very differently, it seems.

The idea would definitely need some workshopping to be viable.

Man, the AC game is tense now. I feel like we're in the deep breath before the plunge.

The injustice is that it was cancelled after one season :( It was a great fucking show.

Ourobolus

Banned
tom_nook_will_rule_us_all_by_pickassoreborn.jpg
Keep it up, town.

RetroMG

I'm just curious, do the people in the dead threads know who the HHA/Hutts are, or are they as in the dark as the remaining players are?

I would assume that the dead HHA/Hutts reveal it in the dead thread if nothing else, but maybe there's a rule against it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yes. We're rooting for you/mocking you every time you guys make a correct/incorrect read.

It's very amusing.

No pressure.

Ourobolus

Banned
Oh fuck, is he a thing in there too?

...you have no idea.
I got him a house and everything, but he never pays his bills with bells. Just sends me cryptic pictures and riddles constantly. Driving me insane. To madness, I tell you. I don't know how much more I can take of this.

He scares me.
And now I fear for myself.
The riddles...
THE RIDDLES

Haly

This is the part in The Clone Wars where the Sith overturn the republic.

Haly

There aren't enough gifs in the world.

Top Bottom