• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Ourobolus

Banned
Hippie. Hippie. Hippie. Hippieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

We need an Archer game first.

latest

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Just a slight reminder: never tie role names/abilities too closely to the source material or it means people who aren't familiar with that source material are disdvantaged. Both MattyG and Kark have done well at this - the roles are well flavoured, but set up such that five minutes Google could allow you to fake one if you knew nothing of the source.

Ourobolus

Banned
Just a slight reminder: never tie role names/abilities too closely to the source material or it means people who aren't familiar with that source material are disdvantaged. Both MattyG and Kark have done well at this - the roles are well flavoured, but set up such that five minutes Google could allow you to fake one if you knew nothing of the source.

Don't worry. The game is designed in such a way that while there may be a couple that are close to it, most aren't terribly assigned in a way that's too obvious.

nin1000

Banned
what the hell is it with this robin hood based game ? i think an Akira game would suit us a lot better ! the mafia game would E.X.P.L.O.D.E.

RetroMG

"Blargonaut" should be a role in all future GAF Mafia games. Required to play like a crazy person, and everyone loses if he gets within three days of the end of the game.

Palmer_v1

It's not Robin Hood. It's a cartoon called Archer.

Role suggestion:

Babou the Ocelot - Undetectable Serial Killer
Krieger(and clones) - Masons
Cheryl/Carol - Wins with Town on even days and Mafia on Odd days
Pam - Bulletproof/toughguy something
Brett - Fool
Archer - Loudmouth
Cyril - Something boring
Mallory - Vigilante
Lana - Cop
Ray - Bodyguard

Ourobolus

Banned
Role suggestion:

Brett - Fool
Archer - Loudmouth
Cyril - Something boring
Mallory - Vigilante
Lana - Cop
Ray - Bodyguard

At least one of those is correct for what I've decided. :p
Though I do like that Cheryl/Carol idea...

El Topo

Role suggestion:

Brett - Fool
Archer - Loudmouth
Cyril - Something boring
Mallory - Vigilante
Lana - Cop
Ray - Bodyguard

Cheryl/Carol wins if she gets choked killed often enough. Nah, that wouldn't work I guess.

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
eJawa, I couldn't say anything during the day phase because I didn't want to throw off the flow of things, but there's something you need to know:

You live like 15 minutes away from me.

Cool, so what I'm reading is that if I die during the night phase, I might actually die....

Palmer_v1

Exmachina's not returning?

I know you're joking, but I'm not sure. Did he ever join the dead thread? I kinda got the feeling he bailed on us hard after that unfortunate D1 detain.

BTW, if Traube dies exceedingly fast next game, and Barrylocke is in the game... we'll all know what happened there.

MattyG

Banned
Cool, so what I'm reading is that if I die during the night phase, I might actually die....
I'll have to drive down and nail the death notice to your door. Then I'll go back to building my 1/1000 scale functioning Death Star over Windham.

I'll use it to send people to the dead thread next round.

I know you're joking, but I'm not sure. Did he ever join the dead thread? I kinda got the feeling he bailed on us hard after that unfortunate D1 detain.

BTW, if Traube dies exceedingly fast next game, and Barrylocke is in the game... we'll all know what happened there.

Nah. I don't think he ever posted over there.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This would make a good summer blockbuster.

Mafia Online

Tagline is: "If you get lynched in the game, you get lynched in real life."

Mazre

Yeah, sorta, was really looking for someone throwing away their popcorn in the trash / or like they were disgusted. Wouldn't been a nice counter to hippies popcorn tyranny.

Kevyt

So popcorn gifs are super easy to find, but throwing away popcorn? Nearly impossible, this is about the closest I could find but still wasn't really what was looking for.

Yeah, sorta, was really looking for someone throwing away their popcorn in the trash / or like they were disgusted. Wouldn't been a nice counter to hippies popcorn tyranny.

Gurll...

tumblr_mi9j4egOaT1r9p84oo1_500.gif

I can't find a gif like that either. D:

Edit: Found this:

tumblr_mahn7w82bk1rx8gfno1_500_zpscc6ace66.gif

Ok.
Also I got kudos from Launch, you guys are in for a ride if I'm hosting. :)

I wanna be in it!

Top Bottom