• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

El Topo

Some lick donuts after they get their wisdom teeth removed, raindoc...eh...
(I'm laughing so hard right now. The Star Wars Mafia game has truly surpassed all expectations.)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
That question was misleading Crab. All I can say atm.

I just asked if you were unvoting for comedic effect - I scrolled down to post the moment I saw an unvote after a majority, because I assumed everyone was aware this was not possible and just wanted to make sure.

raindoc

I just asked if you were unvoting for comedic effect - I scrolled down to post the moment I saw an unvote after a majority, because I assumed everyone was aware this was not possible and just wanted to make sure.

I'm talking about "are you ready?", which I read as "last chance", after which minutes had passed without any response from you or anyone else. I wasn't active that day we fast-tracked one vote, so I wasn't familiar with the procedure. should've just ended the day.

Palmer_v1

I'm talking about "are you ready?", which I read as "last chance", after which minutes had passed without any response from you or anyone else. I wasn't active that day we fast-tracked one vote, so I wasn't familiar with the procedure. should've just ended the day.

It's still just a game, but yes, as soon as we hit majority, the day was effectively over, barring another ability like Traube. We still generally bullshit a bit while we await the final result.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Unless there's some huge controversy or it needs closing immediately, I leave it to MattyG - don't want to interfere with his moderation. That was the equivalent of a popcorn gif. It's pretty clear in the rules that votes can't be changed if a majority is reached; it's literally in MattyG's opening blurb and is the 6th rule as a fairly important one.

6. Once someone has received a strict majority (50% +1) of the available votes, they are considered Detained. Once this has happened, any further votes or unvotes that phase will not be counted.

With no offence meant, I'm not really responsible for players not knowing the rules of the game they've chosen to play when those rules are easily available.

Palmer_v1

Is this an accurate image for Dead Thread?

90wTqCu.png

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's crazy both games are so close to concluding. It's been a real ride, folks.

Palmer_v1

It's crazy both games are so close to concluding. It's been a real ride, folks.

Feels like they progressed faster, with a lot fewer dead periods. The 4:3 ratio is definitely better compared to the 7:3(?). Kinda interested in Kark further speeding it up as people died.

Edit:

The Animal Crossing style of play is close to my heart. <3

Do you attribute that to the players, or the game setups?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Do you attribute that to the players, or the game setups?

Bit of both, but I'll explain why when the games have concluded. I will say that as a town, I belong in the AC game more than I do the SW game. :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
For sure. I know I wasn't always the most active or astute of players, but I really enjoyed myself and would love to play again.

Yeah, I'm really proud of the retention rate from the first game (about two-thirds), and I think Karkador and MattyG have both done amazing jobs so hopefully we'll keep a similar number from this generation.

RetroMG

I'm really excited to be in the next game. I came in to AC halfway through, and it was rough going back to read people. Looking forward to playing a full game, keeping notes all the way through, that sort of thing.

I'll also admit that I was initially a little disappointed when I got into the AC game instead of the infinitely crazier SW game, but I have loved the AC game, and I think it's fit my play style better.

The Animal Crossing style of play is close to my heart. <3
Seriously. The Star Wars game has been near and dear to my heart and I've had a lot of fun with it, but I find that mafia is nerve racking enough in its natural state without people injecting batshit crazy into it. I'm sure it was amazing for the spectators though.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously. The Star Wars game has been near and dear to my heart and I've had a lot of fun with it, but I find that mafia is nerve racking enough in its natural state without people injecting batshit crazy into it. I'm sure it was amazing for the spectators though.

I will admit, I still have a good chuckle at traube overriding on you. The irony was delicious.

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
I've had a lot of fun in SW thread. Stressful, but fun. I will probably skip the next round of games, since I don't think I'll have the time to fully commit, the rest of this summer. I may jump in later down the road, assuming more games are created.

CzarTim

SW was just a very atypical game. I wouldn't change a thing, but I'd be happy with a normal game next time. One crazy game is enough.

Palmer_v1

Yeah, I'm really proud of the retention rate from the first game (about two-thirds), and I think Karkador and MattyG have both done amazing jobs so hopefully we'll keep a similar number from this generation.

Only issue is the recruitment thread(this one, ostensibly), has been moved to Community. Will be far harder to recruit new players and replacements now.

El Topo

Only issue is the recruitment thread(this one, ostensibly), has been moved to Community. Will be far harder to recruit new players and replacements now.

Can't we just make a new recruitment thread for the next set of games? Or maybe a mod would be willing to move the thread for us?

Palmer_v1

SW was just a very atypical game. I wouldn't change a thing, but I'd be happy with a normal game next time. One crazy game is enough.

I probably shouldn't say too much since it's still technically ongoing, but it could easily have been a much more normal game.

Any game can be crazy when the power roles go to the clinically insane.(Hi Blargonaut)

Can't we just make a new recruitment thread for the next set of games? Or maybe a mod would be willing to move the thread for us?

Possibly. Kabouter might be willing to relocate us until the next games get off the ground. If we just make a new thread, I'd leave that to Crab probably.

MattyG

Banned
I've had a lot of fun in SW thread. Stressful, but fun. I will probably skip the next round of games, since I don't think I'll have the time to fully commit, the rest of this summer. I may jump in later down the road, assuming more games are created.
eJawa, I couldn't say anything during the day phase because I didn't want to throw off the flow of things, but there's something you need to know:

You live like 15 minutes away from me.

I've loved being in the SW game. Loved it. I admit I was pretty hesitant and a non-factor in the first game, it was my first game and I really didn't know what I was doing. The more aggressive style of SW really helped clarify things, strangely.

Kevyt

I really want a Yu-gi-oh themed Mafia game, or at least a Magic inspired Mafia game.

"You've activated my trap card!"

Top Bottom