• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Delta New Trailer | Xbox Showcase 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member

The core experience of the original, evolved and more immersive than ever. A remake of the 2004 game METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SNAKE EATER. Players can elect for a newly added, more modern control style. You can also choose to play with a classic control style that more closely recreates the feel of the original game.The same gripping story and engrossing world, but with all new graphics and 3D audio that enhance the jungle atmosphere. Get ready for the ultimate survival stealth action experience.

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Curb Your Enthusiasm Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DAVID HAYTER

can someone please confirm if these are new voice lines or old being used?

Last edited:

acidagfc

Looks great!

Voices sound off to me, but I honestly had not replayed any of the MGS in a while, so I maybe have forgotten how it sounded.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
I wish Metal Gear Solid would leave out the supernatural elements. I feel like that detracts from the game. I didn't see anything like that in the trailer, but I'm sure they're going to add it. I wish this series would be rebooted and just omit that junk.

And before anyone replies, Quiet is an idiot. It was just a lame excuse for fan service.

yNdlNl.gif

GpIqYoaS.gif

This one's just not doing it for me.

Completely agree.

Great trailer but those faces look weird.
Everything looks great apart from the faces.

Agreed. I was wondering if I was the only one who thought the faces looked weird.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
I mean, looks serviceable... But Metal Gear has never been just serviceable. Also, they weren't lying about that 1:1 on the cutscenes. It's the exact same shots.

Krathoon

Gold Member
What kind of annoyed me is that they kind of screwed up the Metal Gear Collection a while back. It has a version of Snake Eater that does not have an easter egg that was in the PS2 version.

Also, you could not increase the internal resolution on MGS1. So, you might as well play it in an emulator.

So, it was kind of a half assed collection.

You are better off just playing MGS1 and MGS3 in an emulator.

Last edited:

Roufianos

God I love the fact that this trailer has double the views of everything else except Doom. People still love Metal Gear.

Roufianos

I wish Metal Gear Solid would leave out the supernatural elements. I feel like that detracts from the game. I didn't see anything like that in the trailer, but I'm sure they're going to add it. I wish this series would be rebooted and just omit that junk.
Such a strange post. How did you even get through the Psycho Mantis boss fight then? The super natural elements are part of the series' DNA.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Such a strange post. How did you even get through the Psycho Mantis boss fight then? The super natural elements are part of the series' DNA.

I didn't say I didn't enjoy the games. I said that element of the games could go away and I would enjoy them more. How is that strange?

Last edited:

begotten

This remake is the bones of the original with a new coat of paint.

This will be great for fans of the original, but do we really need it?

Konami went early on giving this game to someone, especially if there's a 1 remake coming that's actually from the ground up.

Just seems to be handled poorly.

MrRibeye

A few days ago I played MGS2 for the first time and halfway through the campaign now, it really hyped me up for this MGS3 Delta remake.

Top Bottom