• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My TV cant install the latest xbox firmware (June update adds wireless power)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I can understand but an update message from an unplugged console?
Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

MarkMe2525

I know it should have been obvious, but maybe he just thought it was the tv somehow storing the update screen.
I get it, but no tv has ever done such a thing. Not many things we use everyday continue to operate in a normal capacity when you unplug them (besides a phone), this isn't a learned or close to normal behavior. Dude was signing up on a video game forum 20 years ago, they are going to be familiar with electronics. Point being, he deserves a good ribbing.

Unknown?

Guys, this is normal! People who go to med school can be really smart in medicine but too stupid to understand how to use a hammer. He clearly is highly gifted in other areas.

Stafford

This shit is golden!

I mean we all make mistakes, but where he fucked up especially is by insulting someone else's intelligence. Someone that kindly tried to help him. Any kind of "sympathy" goes right out the window then. Always be kind, it's that simple.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
OP could have just posted that screendump of his TV and we would have pointed out that this isn't Xbox.
Somehow this feels like a ploy, we haven't had a good backfire thread in recent times.

Having said that, OP hasn't posted after they posted that screendump, so i reckon the NeoGAFFian shame is setting in.

OP, don't call people mongloids when you can't distinguish your Xbox from your TV. Or belittle their intelligence when in fact, you are the person who is as dumb as a pair of bricks.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Ok, he came back 50 minutes ago. He's probably still wading through all he notifications.
OP when he crawls to the notifications:

Frustrated Head GIF

perry cox scrubs GIF

OP when he will go to work on Monday (He works at a TV repair company):

Mood Monday GIF by Demic

OP when he sees that his first job on that day is in fact, updating a TV:

Zach Braff Scrubs GIF

OP when he checks NeoGAF at work (Through Xbox) and sees the notifications still happening:

john c mcginley lol GIF by IFC

OP, a mongoloid:

sleep health GIF

GAF on the OP:

Animated GIF

Top Bottom