• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation announced for tomorrow

Jigolo

Interested in what they'll show. Don't know what else could be there besides Fox game and Pikman 4 maybe

Sun/Moon was in Trev's schedule leak as Pokémon Project Niji, a codename that was revealed to be legitimate thanks to said Niji codename being mentioned in the files of the images for the game titles.

I just cant for the life of me see any late 2016 title being stranded on 3DS

At least in the Transistion of Black and White 3DS had a slot for DS games

Im expecting cross gen release between NX Portable/3DS

Ridley327

I'm guessing it's going to be like this for NA:

-Summaries of Pokken, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Bravely Second and the new wave of Nintendo Selects
-Feature on Star Fox Zero focusing in on stuff they haven't show before and going into a little bit more detail on how the multiplayer works and the control options available; possibly delayed a bit, but not particularly far off from April
-new Amiibo waves announced, including *sniff* the final Smash trio
-Details on the upcoming Nintendo content for Minecraft shown off, with the announcement of a physical copy including said content coming in one of the summer months
-eShop sizzle reel for indies
-DQ7 release date announced, showing off more footage of the localization
-#FE shown off with its localization and its western title for the first time, no firm release date to go with it (but an expectation, like "late summer")
-At least one third party game not already announced for localization to be done so, which I'd put money on it being SMT4 Final; not to be done by Nintendo themselves, but they have taken the time to use Directs to announce games for close partners in the past
-Localizations announced for Style Savvy 3, Rhythm Heaven The Best+, Picross 3D 2 and Disney Magical World 2; one of these will probably be eShop exclusive
-Detective Pikachu announced for the west, with a schedule for when each episode is to arrive
-Metroid Prime: Federation Force re-unveiled with an art style tweak that is much more in keeping with what the series actually looks like; not much else will change for the game and its focus on multiplayer gameplay
-Mother 3 announced to much fanfare for Wii U VC with its localized Earthbound Something Something title, with a lot of thanks being given to fans all over the world for continuing to support the series
-Paper Mario for Wii U announced, with the trailer focusing in on new and "new" characters and making sure to convey that this is a traditional Paper Mario experience to disassociate itself from the experimenting of the previous two titles

Nothing really crazy, as I'm kind of expecting that the fall releases for 3DS and Wii U will be pretty limited and they're going to want to load their clip for both systems before they start focusing in on NX in a couple of months.

Neoxon

I wasn't all that excited until I thought about the possibility of an MHX localization.
Given what happened with MH3U, I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom decided to just wait for the NX Platform & release MHXU on that.

That if I'm correct they changed soon after (in regards to the names of the press assets)
Because Nintendo/Game Freak/TPC were caught with their pants down (so to speak).

Lemrik

Neo Member
Expectations:

- Paper Mario Wii U with a "summer 2016" window
- Rundown of the Wii U lineup (TP HD, Pokkén etc.)
- Star Fox Zero update, no delay
- Final news on Splatoon as hinted by Nogami
- Mother 3 for the 10th anniversary (April?)
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force update
- Dragon Quest VII update
- Regional news (Bravely Second for NA, Fire Emblem and Yo-kai Watch for EU)
- New amiibo for May and possibly beyond

This! Maybe some news of Pikmin 4 (if it´s WiiU)
And I need my Zelda trailer...

I am so thankful when they announce these so close to the actual date. Waiting one day is easy and the excitement stays there the whole time! It will be good to hear from Nintendo again.

muteki

I'm ready for whatever they have to show for #FE. Just rip the band aid off and get it over with, going to be painful either way.

Suprised noone is putting youkai watch in there predictions, surely you saw the promo image of him wearing a youkai watch?

They gotta rush out the 3DS youkai watch's before NX, wouldn't be surprised if no.2 is coming June/July.

Cci4z2dWoAAjSh2.jpg:large

Hopefully Paper Mario is in the vein of the original and Thousand Year Door.

It'd be cool to get a Mother 3 announcement, and SMT IV Final localization, too. Those are my hopes for right now.

Given what happened with MH3U, I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom decided to just wait for the NX Platform & release MHXU on that.

Because Nintendo/Game Freak/TPC were caught with their pants down (so to speak).

Capcom's long silence with Monster Hunter is telling me the same thing

Like wtf. Its a complete turnaround from the shift they made with MH4U... the best selling western release yet

Oersted

What is it that happened with MH3U?

Neoxon

I just cant for the life of me see any late 2016 title being stranded on 3DS

At least in the Transistion of Black and White 3DS had a slot for DS games

Im expecting cross gen release between NX Portable/3DS
If Sun/Moon was a cross-gen release, I'm pretty sure that Trev would have been told about it. His source was in marketing, & he/she was well aware of Zelda U being a cross-gen release. Why wouldn't he/she mention Sun/Moon as well unless it really was a 3DS-exclusive?

I'm guessing it's going to be like this for NA:

-Summaries of Pokken, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Bravely Second and the new wave of Nintendo Selects
-Feature on Star Fox Zero focusing in on stuff they haven't show before and going into a little bit more detail on how the multiplayer works and the control options available; possibly delayed a bit, but not particularly far off from April
-new Amiibo waves announced, including *sniff* the final Smash trio
-Details on the upcoming Nintendo content for Minecraft shown off, with the announcement of a physical copy including said content coming in one of the summer months
-eShop sizzle reel for indies
-DQ7 release date announced, showing off more footage of the localization
-#FE shown off with its localization and its western title for the first time, no firm release date to go with it (but an expectation, like "late summer")
-At least one third party game not already announced for localization to be done so, which I'd put money on it being SMT4 Final; not to be done by Nintendo themselves, but they have taken the time to use Directs to announce games for close partners in the past
-Localizations announced for Style Savvy 3, Rhythm Heaven The Best+, Picross 3D 2 and Disney Magical World 2; one of these will probably be eShop exclusive
-Detective Pikachu announced for the west, with a schedule for when each episode is to arrive
-Metroid Prime: Federation Force re-unveiled with an art style tweak that is much more in keeping with what the series actually looks like; not much else will change for the game and its focus on multiplayer gameplay
-Mother 3 announced to much fanfare for Wii U VC with its localized Earthbound Something Something title, with a lot of thanks being given to fans all over the world for continuing to support the series
-Paper Mario for Wii U announced, with the trailer focusing in on new and "new" characters and making sure to convey that this is a traditional Paper Mario experience to disassociate itself from the experimenting of the previous two titles

Nothing really crazy, as I'm kind of expecting that the fall releases for 3DS and Wii U will be pretty limited and they're going to want to load their clip for both systems before they start focusing in on NX in a couple of months.
Hopefully the bolded happens. I'm kinda hungry for some more Rhythm Heaven.

Fandangox

SMT FINAL WESTERN RELEASE

PAPER MARIO U ANNOUNCEMENT TAKING ALL THE CUES FROM THOUSAND YEAR DOOR

MOTHER 3 VC COMING IN A MONTH!

NO F-ZERO BECAUSE GOD IS DEAD

The_Lump

Banned
No Mans Sky on NX

Don't be mean.

Best case scenario:
Announce everything they have in the pipeline for WiiU & 3DS. Couple of unannounced games, Full Zelda U reveal, in game footage etc. Nothing else is coming after Summer for those two platforms. September onwards is an orgy of NX hype.

Reality:
Show some Zelda U footage (no official title yet), Pokken Footage, Mario Maker montage, MK8 DLC Pack, Amiibos, Virtual Console stuff, Pokemon, Amiibos, F-Zero
-skin for FAST Racing Neo
, Amiibos.

If Sun/Moon was a cross-gen release, I'm pretty sure that Trev would have been told about it. His source was in marketing, & he/she was well aware of Zelda U being a cross-gen release. Why wouldn't he/she mention Sun/Moon as well unless it really was a 3DS-exclusive?

Hopefully the bolded happens. I'm kinda hungry for some more Rhythm Heaven.

I dunno

Maybe the departments and marketing aren't so closely linked. Nintendo doesnt OWN gamefreak do they?

I mean his leak ONLY had the Codename

JoeM86

Sun & Moon isn't a cross gen release. It'd be on NX or 3DS, not both. It's just on 3DS. Deal with it.
Suprised noone is putting youkai watch in there predictions, surely you saw the promo image of him wearing a youkai watch?

They gotta rush out the 3DS youkai watch's before NX, wouldn't be surprised if no.2 is coming June/July.

That's the NOE promo image. Yo-kai Watch isn't out in Europe yet.,

Oersted

Sun/Moon was in Trev's schedule leak as Pokémon Project Niji, a codename that was revealed to be legitimate thanks to said Niji codename being mentioned in the files of the images for the game titles.

Wasn't it you who was completely convinced by the Pokemon Z theory? I mean i almost believed you.

ChaosXVI

I'm so pumped for this, even without anything regarding NX I'm still completely down. There are still plenty more for 3DS and Wii U that need to have more exposure, and I'm so starved for Nintendo news I'll take anything I can get.

Main things I REALLY want to see:

Metroid Prime Federation Force - They haven't shown this game at all since E3. MP is my favorite game of all time, and this game has a really good developer behind it. SELL ME on this game. Make me want to want it! I have to imagine they didn't want to show it again until it could really wow people after that really poor E3 reveal.

Paper Mario U - This is pretty much confirmed to exist in some form, or existed at some point. I really hope this one gets allowed to breathe.

Some kind of tease for NX - Yeah it's not happening, it's right there on the Direct page...but maybe they'll tease when the reveal will be? Probably not. Dare to dream.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
3DS and WiinU only? Great my hype is deflated. No one cares about Star Sux Zero or Fire Freakblem Popsona and the Wii U is done.

llehuty

It'd be cool to get a Mother 3 announcement, and SMT IV Final localization, too. Those are my hopes for right now.
Hmmm, is there any precedence of the localization of an Atlus game being announced on a Nintedo Direct before Atlus USA says a word?

I want to believe, anyway.

Eait dammit, if this direct is something like 30-35 mins, I'll be getting home from work the minute it finishes. I don't get to hype with gaf this time, unfortunately.

Neoxon

What is it that happened with MH3U?
It was saved for the 3DS & the Wii U to provide two then-new systems with some compelling titles establish themselves on both platforms early on. While this went well for both, Capcom's gamble was more of a success on the 3DS since it was obviously doing better than the Wii U. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried something similar with the NX Platform to jump-start the Monster Hunter hype early on in the NX Platform's life.

retroman

I just want more SEGA 3D Classics.

A surprise game announcement and immediate release on the eshop would be fun as well. When was the last time they did that during a Direct?

mapet318

Banned
"The NX handheld will be available for One Hundred and Ninety-Nine Dollars starting tomorrow, with Pikmin 4 and F-Zero NX bundles"

This is like 99% confirmed guys.

Neoxon

Wasn't it you who was completely convinced by the Pokemon Z theory? I mean i almost believed you.
The point is that Niji is indeed Sun/Moon. Obviously we only had a codename to go on, & there was quite a bit of evidence that could have supported it being Z at the time. But as a wise man once said, hindsight is 20/20.

Illucio

Banned
Until Summer? So no Zelda U then because it's most likely a Fall/Winter release, because knowing Nintendo that game isn't going to be formally announced until E3. Which is a huge mistake and by doing so would be telling their audience that they have nothing better to show off.

I'm excited to hear about Cloud, Bayonetta, and Corrin Amiibo release dates though so I can complete my collection. :/

And there is still Monster Hunter X that might or might not get a ultimate edition with an American release.

I'm not expecting much, but I hope they show off a good or two to at least get me hyped to their E3 digital event.

Davey Cakes

Honestly, this Direct needs to sell to the audience all the remaining 3DS and Wii U games from Nintendo that are worth getting excited about.

They don't have to mention NX. They need to reassure that owners of the current systems will have stuff to play in the upcoming months.

I know the thirst is real, but the proper context is required for anything NX-related, in my opinion.

redcrayon

Don't be mean.

Best case scenario:
Announce everything they have in the pipeline for WiiU & 3DS. Couple of unannounced games, Full Zelda U reveal, in game footage etc. Nothing else is coming after Summer for those two platforms. September onwards is an orgy of NX hype.

Reality:
Show some Zelda U footage (no official title yet), Pokken Footage, Mario Maker montage, MK8 DLC Pack, Amiibos, Virtual Console stuff, Pokemon, Amiibos, F-Zero
-skin for FAST Racing Neo
, Amiibos.
There's quite a few 3DS games still to come after summer.

SMTIV Final, Etrian Odyssey V, Phoenix Wright VI, Monster Hunter X, Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 all have a reasonable chance of a future western release, and I imagine DQIII will be the big 3DS winter game in NA/EU too.

Nintendo's portables have never just stopped having games released because a successor is out.

Top Bottom