• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo will never make a game using good graphics again cause you pay $60 indie-like

ProtoByte

Gold Member
The person I was responding to was insinuating that Nintendo's wrak hardware is holding their games back.

It's not, these other companies have squandered their console power and basically make pretty looking PS2 games.

prove me wrong gordon ramsay GIF by MasterChef Junior
I think PS2 is stretching it. PS3? I'm not going to argue too much. But why do you think that is?
I believe that the design challenges posed by next-gen gameplay are too daunting. Expensive even compared to visuals development (which is not inherently that expensive), but daunting more than anything else.

Geometric-Crusher

"Nintendo games are like indies, and worth at most $19" 🤡
I agree entirely.

They’ve been dead to me since GameCube.

Bunch of ugly trash and gimmicks since then. Fuck them
I swear I tried to believe that Wii was just a moment but, Switch 2 will be another outdated piece of hardware that kills all the hype. Nintendo no longer belongs to the same league as Xbox and Playstation.

daxgame

Why do people waste their time with these kind of threads?
And literally when they just announce and show Metroid 4?

Edit: oh. OP's user description, ok

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Pokemon-Ugly.jpg

You've convinced me that this is amazing "art sytle"

Thats not on Nintendo.
Gamefreak is the clown of gaming market, lacking the skill and passion for games. They don't have vision, art direction or anything. The only thing Gamefreak have is Pokemon games and they didn't even do a good job with it. The moment they try to develop a game that is not Pokemon it end up being a flop, because without Pokemon they are nothing.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Graphics are fine, the problem for me is IQ/performance, low res and 30 fps ruin any experience for me.
Ding dong. This is the right answer that puts a real criticism on current Nintendo hardware. Most of their games have good IQ and frame rate but games like Xenoblade 2, DE being too blurry and Zelda games being only 30 fps is a pill I have to hard swallow if I want to play them lol

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Then you're blind. Gotcha.
No, I have tastes, for example, games that try to look and play hyper realistically bore me to death, like I just look at them and my heart feels nothing, no impression, just like white noise in my screen or something. That's why Nintendo and mostly Japanese games catch my interest pretty easily, and not only those, games like Mass Effect trilogy, Remedy in general, etc. Those are the games I think look cool as well, but they're not commonly made anymore these days, almost nothing from the west have such a powerful identity and art direction as those these days, maybe the closest is Sony.

tkscz

Pokemon-Ugly.jpg

You've convinced me that this is amazing "art sytle"
Gamefreak didn't want to give themselves time to make a new engine based on the Switch's hardware and just badly up ported the 3DS engine. An engine not meant for an open map where they can't even program the water to load out of memory when not in use but instead stays in memory as it's constant under the map. They had no idea what they were doing.

Three

Thats not on Nintendo.
Gamefreak is the clown of gaming market, lacking the skill and passion for games. They don't have vision, art direction or anything. The only thing Gamefreak have is Pokemon games and they didn't even do a good job with it. The moment they try to develop a game that is not Pokemon it end up being a flop, because without Pokemon they are nothing.
It kind of is because Nintendo publish the game but I was replying more to the "every Nintendo game" comment with a tongue in cheek comment

Saber

Gold Member
It kind of is because Nintendo publish the game but I was replying more to the "every Nintendo game" comment with a tongue in cheek comment

Nintendo publish the game but thats it. Other than that they can't do nothing about it, because Gamefreak holds the other 3 part of Pokemon deal exclusivity by developing the main games. Gamefreak could release a broken diahea of game(like Scarlet and Violet still are) and Nintendo couldn't do single thing about it.

The hardware does hold the games back. Playing Nintendo games on dolphin is night and day difference. They go from being a blurry mess to looking like games that could have released today and that's just from the resolution increase without all the other stuff they could improve with stronger hardware.

Callisto Protocol has great graphics. I guess that makes the game amazing.

Who even said that? Nobody is saying we want Just graphics. We have the perfect example in hellblade 2. Easily the best looking game out there today, but nobody cares about the game because its a snorefest. Now Nintendo games with better visuals and higher resolutions? Heck yes! Give me that. Who wouldn't want that?

Top Bottom