• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo will never make a game using good graphics again cause you pay $60 indie-like

nowhat

Gold Member
Rumours suggest switch 2 slightly more powerful then steam deck 2, maybe the zelda wii u tech demo can become a reality , one can dream 😂
I didn't know we had specs for Steam Deck 2. The OLED version has slightly faster memory (when it comes to specs that matter WRT performance), but it's not a new version.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Austin Powers Love GIF

RickMasters

Art style > graphics
This is why Nintendo games tend to age better than others.

Honestly I think graphics are great these days. What devs need to focus on making the game worlds more dense and more physical/ interactive while having Atleast a solid 60FPS.

I wouldn’t mind if devs just spent one console gen doing that. I’m not even excited by hyper realistic graphics when the end game struggles to run at 60. Or worse still has bland mechanics. I want to see game mechanics and art style take precedent. Who really gives a shit how real they can make hair look? Spend the resources on game mechanics instead…. And some super talented imaginative visual artists to really give it life.

Raven117

Gold Member
Do you find it unusual for adults to be less happy than children, in general?
It’s your view of “happy.” While there is an innocence about a child’s happiness, their little cup is small and takes little to fill. It’s like a cat playing with a ball of yarn.

As an adult, your relationships with people, a partner, can be deeply fulfilling in a way that is far deeper than that of a child. “Happy” doesn’t quite capture the depth of this. Even life experience without a partner can bring deeper “happiness” than that of a child. An appreciation for life, and the bitter-sweet nature of the human experience.

I hope your post was just a one off flippant comment and not indicative of stunted development.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
That's why nobody buys Nintendo games, any indie with no budget or experience and any random studio can do just as good, prettier games on other systems so their stuff gets lost in the shuffle so much nobody even tries to copy them, it's not that they've tried and failed many many times before with few exceptions and it's not like something like BOTW comes along, trumps the majority of AAA competition & inspires countless lesser knock offs, no, that's why Nintendo went third party. Good to see Nintendo triggers you as much as Dreamcast. Probably puppies too & everything good 🤡

It's a system on its supposed deathbed right before a successor & they're still putting everyone else to shame with it seven years on with just the same concern trolling (or bs about kids market when we have the real stats of Switch) we've heard since 2015 against it by trolls who can't face reality 🤡
I love Nintendo and I love Dreamcast too, they are very special brands to me.
Sure, whatever you say, it's simply too much love that made you another forum 🤡 keep up the concern trolling/generic clowning, it will definitely convince everyone that love & objectivity is the motivation behind all your threads and posts if only you keep announcing it when you're called out 🤡
Geometric-Clown said:
Nintendo is dead for me
Geometric-Clown said:
I love Nintendo
Decide already you bipolar little clown who only posts what seems like a gotcha at the current second forgetting everything else you've said completely opposite up to that point like that is normal to do (since there was no past tense for you or Nintendo in either of the contradicting troll posts) 🤡

Your clown "logic" is because we had popular 2D "New" Super Mario then they wouldn't ever invest in big 3D Mario games again yet they have been doing that every generation and will keep doing that as long as they exist but sure, you're not a clown, you're being objective and talking facts lol 🤡
That's because they count on our silence
However, if we want a healthy market, we need to constantly criticize, not to harm but to improve consumers and producers.​
They literally don't care about you and all you stand for, yet here you are, hating, loving, trolling, clowning, it doesn't affect anything outside your room. What you do is as far from criticism and logic as one can go. You can't spew bullshit and then pretend you haven't and not be marked a clown 🤡

Nintendo is dead for you because it made a top down Zelda? Just as it made on GBA/GC/DS and still also made WW/TP, just as it made on Switch before and still also made BOTW/TOTK but, since the top down stuff will likely sell less you can pretend it's because of that we'll still get a big Zelda on Switch 2. Of course you aren't just speaking of top down Zeldas when you say it's dead to you but even its biggest output the past 2-3 gens including BOTW/TOTK yet clearly it's been working great for them but you can always just backpedal again later and try to hide you're just a clown, forever 🤡

Last edited:

E-Cat

Gold Member
It’s your view of “happy.” While there is an innocence about a child’s happiness, their little cup is small and takes little to fill. It’s like a cat playing with a ball of yarn.

As an adult, your relationships with people, a partner, can be deeply fulfilling in a way that is far deeper than that of a child. “Happy” doesn’t quite capture the depth of this. Even life experience without a partner can bring deeper “happiness” than that of a child.

I hope your post was just a one off flippant comment and not indicative of stunted development.
I would characterize a child's happiness as "pure", whereas I would call an adult's happiness "intellectual". The latter can be fulfilling, yes, but it's not the same thing at all. It's like comparing an ecstatic sensory flow experience to an emotional homeostasis achieved through a thousand filters.

Neither can a child's (or manchild's) happiness of looking at a MP4 trailer be viewed as "lesser than" the happiness gained from sex (a comparison which he was making) -- in fact, I would not call the feelings from sex "happiness" at all.

On the contrary, retaining a child's happiness would be indicative of stunted development.

Last edited:

Three

Nintendo publish the game but thats it. Other than that they can't do nothing about it, because Gamefreak holds the other 3 part of Pokemon deal exclusivity by developing the main games. Gamefreak could release a broken diahea of game(like Scarlet and Violet still are) and Nintendo couldn't do single thing about it.
Absolutely they could. They could invest in engine development and even decide to not publish that poor graphical quality game and spend longer in development but they know that would be stupid since people will buy the next Pokemon game regardless.

Last edited:
Who even said that? Nobody is saying we want Just graphics. We have the perfect example in hellblade 2. Easily the best looking game out there today, but nobody cares about the game because its a snorefest. Now Nintendo games with better visuals and higher resolutions? Heck yes! Give me that. Who wouldn't want that?

Personally, I don’t want Nintendo to change the way they are making games. Sure, the hardware isn’t cutting edge, but the games are good. There is absolutely zero reason to believe that the games would remain as good if Nintendo had to chase much higher revenue in order to make up for the much higher production costs.

As far as AAA games go, the industry is kind of trash right now. Please tell me what amazing high production first party games we have seen from Microsoft or Sony this gen. You can probably count them on one hand.

Think of it like a car in a racing game. Sure you can add more horsepower, but it’s going to take away some of the handling. It’s not as easy as talking one good thing and adding it to an existing good thing and making something automatically better.

Top Bottom