• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peep Show Season 9 |OT| If you can't handle it you can just, you know, fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaghetti

i've not been keeping up with peep show for a while so i'm not sure what i've seen and what i haven't.

this obviously calls for me watching the whole series again.

Running through the series again. "Holiday" is just the most wonderfully cringeworthy, awful, fantastic show in the series.

Pinkuss

Three days to go, can't wait. Am I crazy in thinking Wednesday at 10 isn't the best time though, I wouldn't have realised unless I'd just watched a trailer. I remember when prime comedy was always on a Friday night.

iMax

siren.gif
siren.gif
siren.gif
siren.gif
siren.gif

FIRST EPISODE NOW AVAILABLE!
http://thanks4.channel4.com/video/peep-show-premiere-episode-1

barik

WHATTTTTTTTTTT

Okay so you do have to register, and you need a VPN blocker if you're outside the UK (I use Hola), but it's running now. HOLY SHIT

Arials

The infographic at the start of the thread is missing Michelle, the one-episode girlfriend who put Jez through an awkward threesome and then had her way with him. Surprisingly, she was played by Lara Croft's original voice actress.

I wouldn't count Saz as one of Mark's girlfriends. Jez also had brief things with Sophie and Cally.

From memory Mark has had sex with 3.5 people (depending if Valarie counts) during the show while Jez has done his thing with 9 women plus the threesome plus two men.

Slowdive

Banned

Nice.

And have they announced any plans for a future project once it's over?

Yeah:

The comic duo already have a new sitcom in the works, for when their current Channel 4 hit wraps."It's at the very early stages," David Mitchell told press including Digital Spy. "It's a very funny script - a sitcom - and it is our hope that it will be televised. "It's being developed for Channel 4 with Phil Clarke, the Head of Comedy - who produced many series of Peep Show - so we hope it will happen at some point." The sitcom, Back, is from Peep Show writer Simon Blackwell - but will be "very different - very much more middle-aged" than Mark and Jeremy's exploits.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a773076/peep-show-mitchell-and-webb-will-reunite-for-a-new-sitcom/

They also said Peep Show could return in 10 years or so.

barik

That was awesome.
Got really dark towards the end there, holy shit. I'm glad they got back to the status quo in the first episode, the El Dude Brothers work best when they're not outright enemies.

That was awesome.
Got really dark towards the end there, holy shit. I'm glad they got back to the status quo in the first episode, the El Dude Brothers work best when they're not outright enemies.

So great for it to be back, brilliant first episode

I loved it at the end "I'm definitely going to agree to this. I just need to put up an acceptable level of objection so I can be all reproachful if it proves to be a disaster...Which it almost certainly will"

barik

So great for it to be back, brilliant first episode

I loved it at the end "I'm definitely going to agree to this. I just need to put up an acceptable level of objection so I can be all reproachful if it proves to be a disaster...Which it almost certainly will"

That was some Walter White-level acting right there.

I also loved Johnson's lines, angry Johnson is the fucking best. So happy with this.

Also updated the OP.

Nothus

Why is UK Netflix such utter shite? How can the US Netflix have all seasons of Peep Show available and yet the UK version - you know, the country where the show is bloody made - not have any?!

Stupid, stupid licensing laws.

Real Hero

Why is UK Netflix such utter shite? How can the US Netflix have all seasons of Peep Show available and yet the UK version - you know, the country where the show is bloody made - not have any?!

It did have them all until about 4 months ago

They're all on 4OD now, which is why they got pulled from Netflix. 4OD is free, as well, and has Xbox/PS apps and all that shit, so it's easy enough to access.

amanset

Last week I decided to watch a few episodes from the beginning just to get the feeling back. I mean, it has been a while since the last series. I am now in the middle of series seven.

I think this says as much about the quality of the show as it does the quality of my social life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom