• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peep Show Season 9 |OT| If you can't handle it you can just, you know, fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was kind of hoping they were going to murder that guy by accident and the farewell series would be something totally weird and different but still hilarious.

That was perfect. Better than every season 8 episode and similar in tone and form to some of the early seasons! My favorite comedy series is back.

Oreoleo

Glad to see this thread :)

Haven't watched the new episode yet, I feel like I need to rewatch the last two seasons to get myself caught back up with things. It's been far too long!

Exodust

Banned
That was a good episode. Definitely felt like it was there to return the status quo which I'm completely fine with.

Jeremy casually waterboarding Jerry like it's no big deal was absolutely hilarious, you know he's not that evil, he's just too much of an idiot to know how horrific a thing waterboarding really is.

I thought the humour was weak and the plot was 'Dobby disappears into a bush' levels of ridiculous so I'll just, you know, fuck off.

I will say It's definitely far past it's prime and they're doing the right thing in ending it now.

master15

Jut watched Guardian live session with 4 principal creators and season opening. Bitter sweet one of my favourite comedies in last decade is about to end.

Fantastic opening and it's going to be sad when all is said and done.

Sliver

When did Jezza become bi?

Pretty sure he's been sexually ambiguous since like the very first episode. He and Superhans sucked each other off, and they both had Sophie's cousin sucking them off as well.

Pretty sure there are more, but I can't remember if a particular one happened in Peep Show or Mitchell and Webb Look now.

Pretty sure he's been sexually ambiguous since like the very first episode. He and Superhans sucked each other off, and they both had Sophie's cousin sucking them off as well.

Pretty sure there are more, but I can't remember if a particular one happened in Peep Show or Mitchell and Webb Look now.

Jez also worked for that electronic musician as a maid of sorts and had to jerk him off. He didn't exactly want to do it but it paid well and when the guy broke it up he was ready to anything to keep the job.

Go_Ly_Dow

Superhans vowels absolutely slayed me.

I will start a petition if they don't greenlight another season dammit. This is too fucking good.

This episode was amazing

- "You want me to stride about the flat covered in wool just to stay alive?"
- han's description of the kind of man mark was
- "How long have you been filming Jeremy having sex, Mark?"
- Han's twins
- "Don't punch me, I wish you both well!"
- Jeremy's speech

Wonderful episode, even better than the first. Not sure what's going to happen to Dobby, logically she should disappear after this episode but somehow I doubt it.

Jez's internal monologue in the bus going absolutely nowhere got me rolling, great episode for him.

I was a bit meh for season 8 but either the long gap improved things or they upped their game because season 9 E1 was really good. and I see above E2 was better.

Its so great to see Jez again. I had been making do with his motorcycling vlogging doppleganger, BaronVonGrumble.

Good modern references: candy crush, new bank branch design, cold press juicing etc.

SamVimes

In an episode he's talking to Sophie (i think it's the one in which they make out), she mentions how few men she's been with and he thinks that "that's less than me and i'm basically straight".

zsynqx

Loved Jeremy opening up to Mark about his sexuality, while all Mark cares about is which room he used. Also the twins looked a bit young considering they were meant to be fünf, zwei years ago in season 6.

Edit: Actually each season doesn't necessarily represent a year so maybe they are about the right age.

I believe this season takes place 6 months after the last. Which is funny because they had the iPhone 4 last season and now they have the 6.

Somewhat OT but are they going to do any more Mitchell and Webb Looks or is that done for good?

MMaRsu

Banned
Yes yes yes!! Peep show is fucking back! I saw the first episode last week and Ill watch the newest one in a bit. I am really happy it does still feel like classic peep show. The bit with super hans last week was awesome

I wasn't a fan of Jeremy going full on gay/bi. I always fond the humour in the subtlety of it and how awkward Jeremy was about it all ("the bad thing").

Loved Jeremy opening up to Mark about his sexuality, while all Mark cares about is which room he used. Also the twins looked a bit young considering they were meant to be fünf, zwei years ago in season 6.

Edit: Actually each season doesn't necessarily represent a year so maybe they are about the right age.

That's an odd moment to slip into your (I assume) native tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom