• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peep Show Season 9 |OT| If you can't handle it you can just, you know, fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure he's been sexually ambiguous since like the very first episode. He and Superhans sucked each other off, and they both had Sophie's cousin sucking them off as well.

I kind of didn't know, I thought 'The bad thing' was due to drugs, and the stuff like when he was wanking off that dude for money was just him being in a position where he acted as if having no self worth, since he didn't seem to enjoy that at all.

Some moments may have slipped my mind. Having watched old series for a few years.

I wasn't a fan of Jeremy going full on gay/bi. I always fond the humour in the subtlety of it and how awkward Jeremy was about it all ("the bad thing").

He isn't gay, he has discovered it doesn't really matter - basically whatever feels good in the moment he just does. He is like the opposite of Mark, just a walking reflex.

Pretty sure it's done for good. I discovered their other show that only ran for one season, very funny: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384750/

I would also recommend Bruiser, which they're also both a part of. Also features actors like Martin Freeman and Matthew Holness (Garth Marenghi): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388583/
Haven't seen Bruiser but I'll take that and raise you, The Smoking Room, which is one of my all time favorites, it's got Webb but no Mitchell: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414773/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Ah man, guess I'll have to finally bite the bullet and watch the new episodes. I really, really don't want to think about it ending. I'm pretty sure some months Peep Show is the only reason I keep Netflix. I really kinda wonder how others in the US... receive it. I feel like the themes of failure and being sidelined from the main thrust of culture resonate really strongly with an American audience. Or well, me anyway. It just kinda connects on a level that other really great British comedies like I.T. don't.

My ideal ending for the show would be Mark and Jez dying, and Super Hans ascending into some sort of Drug God.

I think the perfect ending for me would be something like Seinfeld's where they end up exactly where they began or worse. Mark should get that ending anyway, I think Jez might deserve better since he's more stupid than he is an asshole.

AcridMeat

Banned
Similarly, this show speaks to me in a profound way. At least, it connects with my sense of humor in a profound way.

I was talking with a friend that the show should end in a double suicide with Mark/Jez.

I don't get where these suicide endings are coming from? How would that fit with the show?

It's much more likely they end up back where they started in season 1. El dude brothers stuck with eachother and nothing else, Mark hopeless with love and Jez hopeless in life.

AcridMeat

Banned
The thinking comes from watching how they deal with jokes on every single type of topic. I'd be way more satisfied with a ridiculous ending that I'm confident they can write well, than seeing them in the same situation as the start of the series. They've been striving for something, and it's not even about seeing growth from them, but just having their shitty ridiculous behavior lead somewhere.

I think the perfect ending for me would be something like Seinfeld's where they end up exactly where they began or worse. Mark should get that ending anyway, I think Jez might deserve better since he's more stupid than he is an asshole.

Are we talking about the same Jez that in earlier episodes
tried to take advantage of a mentally ill person
?

Jez totally knows what he did was wrong but if he benefits then all the better. The El Dude brothers deserve a worse ending if karma bit back at them. But hey, it's entertaining and cringey! :)

Polari

A bit conflicted with this season so far. It's really funny but some of the stuff is just too absurd to really work well.

AcridMeat

Banned
Wow that was absolutely hilarious. Mark is an actual sociopath at this point.
EleGiggle.png

Jeremy's situation had me busting.

Anung

Un Rama
Can I just say that
The Twins
showing up is one of the best visual gags I've seen in ages. I burst out laughing.

Anung

Un Rama
Completely agreed. Great touch for the fans, that. I burst out too.

My misses was wondering why I started shouting
THE TWINS, THE FUCKING TWINS
at the TV while laughing super hard.

This show is such a massive jump in quality from last season. Last season was good but ran out steam near the end.

AcridMeat

Banned
Wait did I miss something, who are the twins?
That's kind of the jist of the joke, yeah.
Forgot which series it was, I think around 6 or 7? There's a scene with Superhans and Mark about children where Hans all of a sudden starts talking about his twins. He's never once mentioned them in the series up until that point and he's shocked no one remembers them. It's brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom