• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peep Show Season 9 |OT| If you can't handle it you can just, you know, fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barik

I think Dobby and SuperHans are going to show up at least once more, especially Dobby. I really hope the last episode is mostly Mark/Jez though, would seem like a fitting end.

Social

The last one has been the best episode of the season but so far this last season hasn't been that great. I think lots of you are probably just riding that "can't believe there are new episodes" wave/high and I can't blame ya.

Oh well, still funny, just a tad too absurd to take seriously/ keep it believable, unlike most previous seasons.

barik

The last one has been the best episode of the season but so far this last season hasn't been that great. I think lots of you are probably just riding that "can't believe there are new episodes" wave/high and I can't blame ya.

Oh well, still funny, just a tad too absurd to take seriously/ keep it believable, unlike most previous seasons.

tumblr_lnz6v0hzbj1qzcgsno1_500.jpg

AcridMeat

Banned

They cooked and then ate a dog in front of their owners, what are you talking about?

Beaulieu

as opposed to the season where Jez eats a dead dog ?

edit : beaten

Dmax3901

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUNvDRAYJfo

In episode 2, there's a shot of them at the wedding.

That's kind of the jist of the joke, yeah.
Forgot which series it was, I think around 6 or 7? There's a scene with Superhans and Mark about children where Hans all of a sudden starts talking about his twins. He's never once mentioned them in the series up until that point and he's shocked no one remembers them. It's brilliant.

I remember now, fantastic!

The entire episode I was doing the Peep Show classic, which is having tears in your eyes from laughing but also looking away from the screen because of the cringe.

Exodust

Banned
This last episode was great, best of the season so far and had none of my complaints of the previous two. Pretty happy about it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
My girlfriend was in tears watching that episode, amazing stuff. Everything Mark did during that dinner party was spectacular.

Woah a new season already? this totally came unoticed, but thanks to the OP for reminding me. I know what I will be watching during the weekend.

Loved the deflecting of his dinner criticisms being called (rightfully so) basically beans and pasta.

"I don't want to call you a racist but there's a bit more too it than that"

SD-Ness

Episode 4. Great stuff.

I'm going to be so sad after the final episode. PS is definitely my favorite sitcom—what about you guys?

Arrested Development is the only potential rival, but I think PS wins overall. South Park, Always Sunny, Party Down and Eastbound & Down have a similar combination of clever, fucked up humor, but PS is more charming overall. And Simpsons, 30 Rock, Curb, etc. are just not comparable.

Not liking the whole gay Jeremy arc. It just seems forced as he always mentioned he was bi before but it was never really a relationship thing. Also, what the hell happened to dobbie? Johnson also has done fuck all in this series. Seems a bit all over the place now.

barik

Episode 4. Great stuff.

I'm going to be so sad after the final episode. PS is definitely my favorite sitcom—what about you guys?

Arrested Development is the only potential rival, but I think PS wins overall. South Park, Always Sunny, Party Down and Eastbound & Down have a similar combination of clever, fucked up humor, but PS is more charming overall. And Simpsons, 30 Rock, Curb, etc. are just not comparable.

I'd say Peep Show is my favorite, with Sunny, Parks and Rec, The Office (british), and Arrested Development to round out the top 5. I do think Arrested Development was the greatest of all time during its prime (late season 1/ all of season 2 mostly). Peep Show is overall more consistent though, even its low points are still miles better than some of the inane, cringe-worthy jokes and concepts in AD's 3rd and 4th season.

Aizo

Banned
Not liking the whole gay Jeremy arc. It just seems forced as he always mentioned he was bi before but it was never really a relationship thing. Also, what the hell happened to dobbie? Johnson also has done fuck all in this series. Seems a bit all over the place now.

I don't see how dating a guy makes him suddenly exclusively gay. Dobbie showed up, and I think that it was concluded pretty well with her. Johnson has been around, but just not that important. Have you watched all the episodes?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Tonight's episode is a good one. Second best of the series after the premiere.

However, I have to say for a final season this is weirdly meandering,

Tonight's episode is a good one. Second best of the series after the premiere.

However, I have to say for a final season this is weirdly meandering,

You reckon? I thought it was one of the weaker ones.

FYI if you're on O2 you can watch the episodes 48 hours before they're on tv with that O2 priority thing

RangerX

Banned
I have to say I haven't been very impressed with this season. Its had some good parts like the dinner scene or Jez on the webcam but it seems kinda subdued and not really like a final season at all. It certainly doesn't touch the first four seasons. Its around the same quality as the last few imo.

barik

Homeless Ball Pit Witch would be a great band name.

Bit of an abrupt ending to this one, and probably the weakest episode of the season, but I still loved it. Only one more episode ever :(

Woah you guys didn't like that one? I thought it was great. I was laughing my head off. I kept rewinding to watch the scenes again. Everything was just gold particularly what they did to Sophie in the end lol. Really enjoyed it. More than the other ones I think. I agree that this season probably isn't on the level of Peep Show in its prime but it's still super enjoyable and entertaining. Just glad we're even getting another season. And yeah can't believe next week is the last one ever. That's going to be a bittersweet moment.

So what do you guys think the odds are that Mark will end up with April? The Peep Show formula is that something just has to go wrong but then wouldn't they just be repeating what happened last season? I think they might to try to create some happiness for Jez and Mark given it's the last ever episode. Guess we'll see.

FYI if you're on O2 you can watch the episodes 48 hours before they're on tv with that O2 priority thing

Noted! That's awesome. I'm on O2 and never bothered with that. Thanks!

AcridMeat

Banned
Homeless Ball Pit Witch would be a great band name.

Bit of an abrupt ending to this one, and probably the weakest episode of the season, but I still loved it. Only one more episode ever :(
I enjoyed it but the ending was abrupt as Ghost said. Also was weak that Sophie knew she was buried when she was fully out cold.

Anyhow I really don't know how it's going to end after that. Thought they had a bit more time to give an indication. Maybe Joe asks Jez to move in with him and Mark ends up with April in his flat. whooooo knowwwwwws

Good episode this one. I gotta say though, Olivia Colman has aged quite a bit since the last series.

Mitchell and Webb haven't changed much in the past 4 or 5 series but wow, it's the first time I've seen her looking quite a bit older in the face. She was often quite hot in the previous series'.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
So guys I was lucky enough to go to a screening of the final episode tonight in central London with Robert, David, Jesse and Sam in attendance answering questions. We were sworn to secrecy but I can say it was a very fine episode, 2= in this series together with episode 1 and behind episode 3. I will answer one or two sufficiently vague questions in spoiler tags if anyone wants to know anything about the general air of the episode rather than specific plot points! And for the record I like the way things end up very much.

Good episode this one. I gotta say though, Olivia Colman has aged quite a bit since the last series.

Mitchell and Webb haven't changed much in the past 4 or 5 series but wow, it's the first time I've seen her looking quite a bit older in the face. She was often quite hot in the previous series'.

She had a baby relatively recently, I'm sure that'll do plenty to her youthful vigor.

Mark gently trying to bury his ex-wife was a Peep Show classic, other than that the ep was just okay. The snake thing never got a proper pay-off and the April thing just lingered too, the episode abruptly ended instead of actually doing something with everything it set up.

barik

So guys I was lucky enough to go to a screening of the final episode tonight in central London with Robert, David, Jesse and Sam in attendance answering questions. We were sworn to secrecy but I can say it was a very fine episode, 2= in this series together with episode 1 and behind episode 3. I will answer one or two sufficiently vague questions in spoiler tags if anyone wants to know anything about the general air of the episode rather than specific plot points! And for the record I like the way things end up very much.

Any idea if this will be put online at some point? And how long was it? The other Q&A was really fun, I'd love to see another one where they can talk about the series as a whole.

SpaceWolf

Banned

What's the general vibe of the ending? Upbeat? Depressing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom