• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pepsi Is Launching A 'Craft' Soda called "Caleb's Kola"

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5947840
Pepsi is hoping to keep up with the times with a soda called "Caleb's Kola" that comes in glass bottles reminiscent of a bygone era.

A 10-ounce bottle of Caleb's Kola has 110 calories and 29 grams of sugar, according to the site. The drink is made with cane sugar, kola nut extract and a "special blend of spices."

It's the latest sign of soda giants trying new strategies to win back customers. Americans have been cutting back on soda for years, with executives blaming the decline on concerns over the high fructose corn syrup in soda, and more recently, the artificial sweeteners in diet sodas.

pepsi-just-launched-a-very-fancy-new-soda-called-caleb-s-kola

I'm guessing this is going to crash and burn.

DonDraper

Banned
I'll give it a go. I remember trying something similar they made a few years back. Natural Pepsi or something like that. It wasn't too bad. I enjoyed it.

Craft soda. Made by Pepsi. 29 g of sugar. Okay.

Edit: I can totally see this taking off in the town I live in (Somerville, MA)

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Where can I buy these!?

Cost Plus usually has several varieties. The black cherry and cream soda are especially good, the orange tastes like orange soda. I like the cola, but I found the root beer to be lacking. If you're into good root beer I strongly recommend Frostie Root Beer.

DJ_Lae

I love me some Boylan's

sultansgrilldrinks.jpg

Oh man, yes.

I haven't been able to find anyone who sells their red birch beer here, though, or even the regular birch beer. It's all cola, root beer and grape, which is fine except it's no birch beer.

cnorwood

Banned
Hey my name is Caleb! Is this my cola that I didnt know about? I need my royalties

EDIT: Whats with all the Caleb hate :(

TxdoHawk

Will crash and burn. No one actually likes the taste of real cola with kola nut
because people's soda tastes suck.

Thank goodness GuS manages to find a market somehow. I haven't tried their other stuff, but the Dry Cola is amazing.

OPNnWnF.jpg

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Will crash and burn. No one actually likes the taste of real cola with kola nut
because people's soda tastes suck.

Thank goodness GuS manages to find a market somehow. I haven't tried their other stuff, but the Dry Cola is amazing.

OPNnWnF.jpg

Real pop is amazing.

Ginger ale? That shit better be cloudy and spicy for me to really like it. None of that Schweppes shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom