• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut to return to using old logo

CyberPanda

Banned
Current Logo:
pizza-hut-new-logo_0.jpg

Pizza Hut is going back to this one:
pizza-hut-new-retro-logo-promo.png

Despite attempts to pivot from its legacy dine-in restaurants, Pizza Hut is bringing back the brand’s throwback red-roof logo design to boldly remind consumers they are the “OG” of pizza chains.

“It’s about celebrating where we came from,” Marianne Radley, Pizza Hut chief brand officer, told Nation’s Restaurant News this week.

For too long, Pizza Hut has been polite and shy about its legacy, she said. The Plano, Texas-based chain, founded in 1958, has lacked the confidence to be boastful about the brand.

That’s changing as of next week, when the new logo rolls out during a national TV campaign.

Pizza Hut to rivals: We are the ‘OG’ pizza brand

Solomeena

Banned
I am fortunate to live in Chicago, i have so many choice of pizza that Pizza Hut is rarely ever chosen as a meal but i do have a guilty pleasure for their stuffed crust pizza but outside of that it pisses me off that Pizza Hut skimps on every ingredient to the point that sometimes i will only have a few pieces of Chicken on a pizza i ordered, fuck that.

brap

Banned
brap don't act like you are above a diarrhea dooky storm from a bad meal
I literally never have. I remember that one thread we had about shitting and people would post things like 'omg i ate 3 carrots and shit just slid right out of me!'. How the fuck does that even happen? It seriously dumbfounds me.

cr0w

Old Member
Bring back the sit-down restaurants and the buffet, you cowards. I don't care how shitty it is, I want to be transported back to 1995 for an hour or so a week. Cici's ain't cutting it, with their terrible dough and the BUS FULL OF KIDS THAT IS ALWAYS THERE EVEN IN THE SUMMER ON A SATURDAY.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
I literally never have. I remember that one thread we had about shitting and people would post things like 'omg i ate 3 carrots and shit just slid right out of me!'. How the fuck does that even happen? It seriously dumbfounds me.

well yeah if 3 carrots makes you poopy caca a liquid river than you probably got some issues

brap

Banned
Mannnnnn, have you ever had a Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza?! It is sooooooo fucking good, it is almost orgasmic.

4MGzp35.jpg
deep dish pizza is the nastiest fucking shit ever :sick::sick::sick::sick:

well yeah if 3 carrots makes you poopy caca a liquid river than you probably got some issues
i was exaggerating. you shouldnt be so sensitive to the point where food gives you diarrhea.

Last edited:
Current Logo:
pizza-hut-new-logo_0.jpg

Pizza Hut is going back to this one:
pizza-hut-new-retro-logo-promo.png

Pizza Hut to rivals: We are the ‘OG’ pizza brand

What? Why? The new logo, with it's carefree soft swirly calligraphy, perfectly encapsulates the liberation from the Stalin-esque 70s logo. The symbolism in the font changing from black to white shouldn't be lost on anyone, in fact the 70s logo was carefully crafted to subconsciously evoke changes in the subjects persona to the benefit of the Pizza Hut parent corporation. The font is cold, harsh. It isn't very welcoming when we've become accustomed to the more modern Hut.

Perhaps the most egregious flaw is the statement "NO ONE OUTPIZZAS THE HUT". Why make such absolute claims? Why even set the company up for failure like that? Why is it in all caps yelling? Has anyone who works corporate eaten at Pizza Hut lately? It's ridiculously mediocre - shit. The mystique the brand once had that started fading out of existence in the early 90s is done. How can you come out saying your pizza is the best at this point, it's silly.

As a logo aficionado it's almost offensive.

I give this logo change 3 logos out of 10.

TacosNSalsa

I haven't had it in years ,the only Pizza hut I know of is on the border of Brooklyn/Queens which is pretty damn far from my house if it's even still there .

-hal-

Pizza Hut, for me, is like KFC.

Back in the day, they were both reliably delicious. I'm talking 1970's here.

Now they can't seem to remember how to run a restaurant and are focused on all the wrong things. KFC with its crazy concoctions, Pizza Hut and its logo.

Just make food like you care about what you are doing. Make sure it's hot while you're at it.

Top Bottom