• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I don't. It'll be knack or KZ:SF.

The biggest contenders for PS+ from retail are: Tomb Raider, Thief and Battlefield 4. Killzone and Knack both have sales potential since they can be discounted to hell and back and still make a profit. It's only a loss if they're on PS+.

Son Of D

The biggest contenders for PS+ from retail are: Tomb Raider, Thief and Battlefield 4. Killzone and Knack both have sales potential since they can be discounted to hell and back and still make a profit. It's only a loss if they're on PS+.

I'd say AssCreed 4 has a chance as well if they put that up before Unity releases to get the hype building.

Smurf

Banned
The number of worthwhile retail games on the PS4 can be counted on one hand, anyone who was willing to fork over for the console at launch likely owns all of those already anyway so not sure what the clamour is for. I was much happier to get something decent like Towerfall than Knack.

I'd say AssCreed 4 has a chance as well if they put that up before Unity releases to get the hype building.

Personally i wouldn't mind the Assassin's Creed IV: Freedom Cry stand alone game. It's 15 bucks like most PS4 Plus games, plus Ubi would lure more consumers to AC:IV (and potential AC: Unity buyers) without giving the entire game for free

ValeYard

Now with my new ps4 I'm awaiting August's games with a bit more anticipation. Unfortunately, I lost the belief that I'd ever get a ps4 and stopped adding plus games to my download list and missed Don't Starve :( However, my wife surprised me with a ps4 a few days ago!

I wouldn't mind a full game like Knack, almost bought it the other day, but decided to wait. Surely they'll announce the games today or tomorrow right?

Jimrpg

I don't mind indies but indies are really hit or miss for me, some just don't appeal to me whatsoever while others look amazing. Whereas triple AAA titles kind of have a few features that can kind of appeal to a wide range of people. I guess that's why they are triple AAA titles so they can make sure they sell.

That's the problem I see here with indies. On PS4 I've played resogun, and wouldn't mind to play that top down zombie one (forgot the name) but a few of them I have no interest in whether it's the gameplay or the art style.

Still is rather have a random indie than something like knack or killzone. Having played half of killzone I really can't recommend that at all.

All in all it's been a pretty good year of plus so far, last couple of months have been a little disappointing though.

Jimrpg

The number of worthwhile retail games on the PS4 can be counted on one hand, anyone who was willing to fork over for the console at launch likely owns all of those already anyway so not sure what the clamour is for. I was much happier to get something decent like Towerfall than Knack.

Pretty much this... Most of the launch games are not great games. I got killzone, bf4, ac4 and FIFA14. Of those 4 only bf4 is a must have.

Celegus

I don't even need a finger to count the number of retail games on PS4 or XO that I have any interest in at all. I'd rather add to my indie backlog for the day when I do get a PS4, since I'd actually play those.

Any chance of Tomb Raider PS4 as a part of August IGC? I have beaten it on PC, so don't want to drop $ on PS4. Still curious about PS4 version. Free will be ideal :D

murgo

Any chance of Tomb Raider PS4 as a part of August IGC? I have beaten it on PC, so don't want to drop $ on PS4. Still curious about PS4 version. Free will be ideal :D

0%. The game came out 3 months ago. IF, and that's a big if, they give us a retail title, it's gonna be one of the launch titles.

jimbor

Banned
It's not like those retail games are becoming free* in the next few months are they?

I'm never buying a digital-only game again unless it's exclusive to a Nintendo platform and no one else should either if they want to save some cash.

Yeah, because all digital only games will become free.

Any hints about the timing of the announcement?

When it's the announcement supposed to come? Is there a date for it?

Tomorrow ??

BF5zrNS.png

I guess Flower will be 1 of the games.

Splunkey would be cool as the 2nd. I already bought it on PSN but I just want that game on PS4 soon so I would be ok with it.

I bought Injustice last night and I have a quick question about it. How do you check it's download progress with the "play while downloading" feature? It doesn't show anything on the XMB, it just says it's done and I can't find anything in the game settings.

Freeman

Banned
I wouldn't mind Killzone Shadowfall being on PS+, I think that the DLC is an incentive to put the game on the IGC. You can find Killzone Shadowfall for a cheaper price than many indie games that are on IGC.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
:'( I

I think Theif might be the one. It was on sale for 29$ a month ago on US PSN. So looks like a good candidate.

And the fact that you have both an Square-Eidos-Bundle Bundle and a Square Enix sale on Humble Indie Bundle at the moment. They're trying to generate cash. A PS+ freebie is an instant cash grab from a publisher like Square Enix.

rpmboy

I bought Injustice last night and I have a quick question about it. How do you check it's download progress with the "play while downloading" feature? It doesn't show anything on the XMB, it just says it's done and I can't find anything in the game settings.

Go to injustice tile > OPTIONS (start) > Information > Download Status

FDC1

Press option button on game icon then choose "informations", you'll get the size there

Wasp

Last year's August PS Plus was so good, we had Spec Ops The Line, Mafia II and NFS Most Wanted. I think PS Plus has gone a bit downhill since then so it'll be interesting to see how this August compares.

N30RYU

Gold Member
So the US PS+ games should be announced before 10 hours if they don't delay it, I'm right?

If so... maybe they want to make the announcement at the same time for both EU and US... this time... could be a possibility since there's no leak in HK this month...

FDC1

So the US PS+ games should be announced before 10 hours if they don't delay it, I'm right?

If so... maybe they want to make the announcement at the same time for both EU and US... this time... could be a possibility since there's no leak in HK this month...

I quote myself:

This last months, official blogs posted PS+ content the same day for Europe and US. It was posted Wednesday June 25th last month by exemple:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...uly-strider-dead-space-3-towerfall-ascension/
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/25/ps-plus-julys-free-game-lineup-goes-live-tuesday/

So , yeah, probably tomorrow for everyone

cabot

I thought OlliOlli would be an August title for PS4/PS3, it's now out on PC. I saw the PS4 version playable at Rezzed (as well as PC) so I figured they'd spring it as a surprise PS+ announcement this month.

It's why I haven't bought the steam version yet :(

I thought OlliOlli would be an August title for PS4/PS3, it's now out on PC. I saw the PS4 version playable at Rezzed (as well as PC), considering they've been silent on it, I assume maybe they're springing it on PS+

It's why I haven't bought the steam version yet :(

You'd be in for a treat. Hell, I wouldn't even be mad that I own it already. Everybody should play it, it's wonderful gaming cocaine.

Top Bottom