• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Akuosa

Contrast released on ps+ the day it came out. There's no way they would of known what the score would be.
Very true, didn't remember that. But there are other examples that weren't release ones... Modnation Racers and Dynasty Warriors Next for the Vita come to mind.

zulux21

Guys, stop! I won't be able to handle the disappointment if Isaac isn't an August game if you keep doing this.Please stop.

isaac isn't an august game.
it's even unlikely to be sept.
Oct maybe.

Ed has said he would want to make an announce trailer for the release date about 2 months before release.
he has been hinting that he is working on such a trailer on isaac and that it's over 90% done and the rest is just polishing.
he has also been hinting at a future dlc for the game including a number of features he now wants in isaac, but couldn't put in due to thinking about them to late into development.

Do you think the game could be tales of xilia since the sequel is coming this month? I just have a gut feeling

I don't think the company that is stupid enough to release two anime jrpgs on the same day next month (xillia 2 and swort art online) would be intelligent enough to try to drum up interest in a sequel by letting the first go on ps+. I swear... namco can't release a tales game unless there is another decently big jrpg release within one week of it :/

Didn't the BOI creator just post on a blog in the last week or so that the release date was "before christmas"

if he didn't he has at the very least confirmed multiple times BOI will be out this year.
and then next year will be a secret project from them. (may or may not be on consoles)
and then maybe mew genetics (as they put that on the back burner for now, likely won't be on consoles unless this plus deal goes really really well.)

I hope the Leaks are real. Octodad, Saints Row, 1001 Spikes, Atelier Rorona, Blood Dragon and The Swapper? Yes Please

That sounds awful. I want to try an Atelier game, but that would be just one game. Saints Row would be decent but they have already given 2 and 3. I do not like Octodad and have no idea what The Swapper is. I care more about the PS4 games and this would make two bad months in a row (I already owned Strider).

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
If it ends up being Flower and Roads not Taken for PS4 I won't be disappointed. Seems like it's likely. RnT is set to release on the PS+-day and hasn't had its price announced or is up for pre-order, like The Swapper that's set to launch the same day.

Octodad will be a PS+ title, just not right now due to the discount just the other week. Most likely The Swapper too, but not with a price, a discount for PS+ and a pre-order. Another World is too close to release. Fez has also been discounted just recently.

If we're honest we should look toward: Steamworld Dig, Flower, Escape Plan, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (I'm guessing this is likely since we have stuff like the Eidos Humble Bundle this month, Squeenix might need the money), Stealth Inc., or Awesomenauts.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Isn't this one of the latest EU content reveals? Usually we now the next month around 20-25th of the month.

Tomorrow is when we find out for sure. Today for US.

Fliesen

towerfall was free a month or two after it released. strider was 3 months. people should wait on all psn purchases (or XBLA games for that matter) as they all seem to come to ps+ or GWG.

unless they want to send a message.

I want Valiant Hearts and Child of Light to do as well as possible, for example - since i enjoyed both games very much.

unless they want to send a message.

I want Valiant Hearts and Child of Light to do as well as possible, for example - since i enjoyed both games very much.
some games are great and I enjoy supporting the devs, but the practice of burning early adopters a few months after release by including it into the paid online service stings a bit.

Fliesen

some games are great and I enjoy supporting the devs, but the practice of burning early adopters a few months after release by including it into the paid online service stings a bit.

i don't understand that sentiment.
i don't feel burned about having played Valiant Hearts on the exact date that world war 1 started a hundred years ago, even if it came out on PS+ a month later.

not like PS+ will ever cover the entire PSN library of games anyways, so 3 out of 4 PSN games you're going to miss out on the day-1 experience, the OTs, spoiler free story twists, just to save some bucks on the 4th game.

FDC1

towerfall was free a month or two after it released. strider was 3 months. people should wait on all psn purchases (or XBLA games for that matter) as they all seem to come to ps+ or GWG.

I don't think so, the game is 20 years old, after all.

Towerfall was released March 11th and arrived on PS+ in July, almost 4 months later
Strider was released February 18th and arrived on PS+ in July, more than 4 months later

Another World was relased June 25th in Europe, barely 1 month ago. It was released July 8th in the US, 3 weeks ago. Too early for PS+.

okay sorry it wasn't 2 months. 4 months is still rather silly though wouldn't you agree? I bought Strider, Towerfall at launch price thinking it would not be included in the service.

all I'm saying is people interested in PSN games would do themselves a favor by waiting.

jimbor

Banned
okay sorry it wasn't 2 months. 4 months is still rather silly though wouldn't you agree? I bought Strider, Towerfall at launch price thinking it would not be included in the service.

all I'm saying is people interested in PSN games would do themselves a favor by waiting.

You could say the same about retail. Prices plummet outside of the launch window (at least in the UK). If you want a game day one, buy it. If you can wait, wait.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Burning early adopters. Look, I understand how you feel, but you were not burned. You got to play 4 months early.

You could say the same about retail. Prices plummet outside of the launch window (at least in the UK). If you want a game day one, buy it. If you can wait, wait.

It's not like those retail games are becoming free* in the next few months are they?

I'm never buying a digital-only game again unless it's exclusive to a Nintendo platform and no one else should either if they want to save some cash.

Kyoufu

It's not like those retail games are becoming free* in the next few months are they?

I'm never buying a digital-only game again unless it's exclusive to a Nintendo platform and no one else should either if they want to save some cash.

I'd rather buy a game I want to play on day one rather than wait months for the possibility of it being free on PS+.

Ok, I just got the leaked list
from inside my head

PS4
FEZ
Knack

PS3
Far Cry 3
Ni no Kuni

VITA
FEZ
Dragon's Crown

Everytime there's been a cross-buy title like Fez, it's been advertised as just counting for one platform. Pretty nice thing of them to do actually, means you can get 3-4 e.g. Vita titles some months.

m@cross

I'd rather buy a game I want to play on day one rather than wait months for the possibility of it being free on PS+.

Same, especially with smaller more niche games.

Good chance Transistor, Valiant Hearts, and Child of Light might hit plus at some point, but I want to play them, they are reasonably priced, and I want to support more games like them, so I bought them at launch.

Ever? Sure.

Soon? No.

Pretty much my guess too.

There's a wealth of content, even from first-party, that would probably come to PS+ first before a bonafide retail title.

Heck, I'd think we'd see Infamous FL, Shadowfall Intercept, these standalone DLC games as PS+ games earlier than we'd see Knack there.

Top Bottom