• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4, 5, 6 – Announce Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

I read the whole post and its nothing new. People have been trying to make that comparison for years in the hopes that people will see RE6 in a more positive light when spoken next to Vanquish.

Or maybe because it's true.

It's not like we're making up imaginary mechanics from Vanquish into RE6, those mechanics are still there even without referring to Vanquish.

Don't seem to be remastering them much at all, these graphics look terrible.

5d309df93afeebf31988da210a901419.png

Dem sharp elbows tho mmmm.

Seriously though, are those costumes? I never played RE6 that much so the fact that you can play as the shitty ps1 models is pretty amazing to me.

Reminds me of Ground Zeroes.

Delt31

yawn

talk about just squeezing any dignity left out of a borderline dead franchise.

NOW - how about some COD 4, 5 HD release??? that i can go for

Great if you missed out on these titles, but aside from trophies/achievements it doesn't seem worth it for most I bet.

If they add a ton of extras I may be interested. Most likely would hit up RE5 again for more co op fun with buddies, but I did Platinum it back in the day.

Beat RE4 on PC just recently.

RE6? Idgaf.

So at this point, what RE games still need to be ported/remastered for the entire series to be on one console? (either PS4 or Xbone that is)

As far as I'm aware we have

RE0 - remake
RE - remake
RE2 - ??
RE:CV - ??
RE4 - port/remaster
RE5 - port/remaster
RE6 - port/remaster

Or have they announced RE2/CV stuff and I just missed it? It'd be so cool to have the entire collection of games on one system.

I'm really in to this generation in that respect, it's almost like this gen was a reboot of the "console wars" and all kinds of collections and rereleases are coming out for the people that missed them spread out across the past 4-5 console generations. PS4, Xbone, and Wii U all have some way of playing like every game in a given series be it Virtual Consoles, remasters, collections, etc. Very cool IMO.

If Rare can release 30 games across ~20 years of gaming for $30, I would really love for Capcom to eventually put all the REmasters in one collection for a decent price.

Ridley327

Seriously though, are those costumes? I never played RE6 that much so the fact that you can play as the shitty ps1 models is pretty amazing to me.

Yeah, they're unlockable costumes. Characters also got more natural costumes, though equally as outlandish.

Ridley327

So at this point, what RE games still need to be ported/remastered for the entire series to be on one console? (either PS4 or Xbone that is)

RE0 -bremake
RE - remake
RE2 - ??
RE4 - port/remaster
RE5 - port/remaster
RE6 - port/remaster

Or have they announced RE2/CV stuff and I just missed it? It'd be so cool to have the entire collection of games on one system.

I'm really in to this generation in that respect, it's almost like this gen was a reboot of the "console wars" and all kinds of collections and rereleases are coming out for the people that missed them spread out across the past 4-5 console generations. PS4, Xbone, and Wii U all have some way of playing like every game in a given series be it Virtual Consoles, remasters, collections, etc. Very cool IMO.

RE2make is a real thing and in development. RE3, CV and Rev1 are the only mainline games that don't have any kind of representation on current gen, so that leaves the PS3 as the only console where everything mainline is currently available in one place.

RE0 - remake
RE - remake
RE2 - ??
RE4 - port/remaster
RE5 - port/remaster
RE6 - port/remaster

PS3 has it all.

RE2 Remake is coming.
CVX - Nope
RE3 - Nope
RE1 original - Nope
RE2 original - Nope
Rev 2 is on it
Rev 1 is not

Mr Croft

I will have purchased RE 4 a total of 5 separate times now... Jesus.

I'm actually excited for these three games again. Re4 just because RE 5 to play coop with my friends again and RE6 so I can burn multiple hours on onslaught
RE2 Remake is coming.
CVX - Nope
RE3 - Nope
RE1 original - Nope
RE2 original - Nope
Rev 2 is on it
Rev 1 is not

Next up Resident evil ORC remake!!! (God no)

Bergerac

I was going to comment on how dumb this post was, but then it got dumber.

That's absolute horseshit. There's far more reason to rerelease/remaster COD4 than any of these games. Not that remastering COD4 is an astounding development, but it would be more worthwhile than this.

His point stands.

RE2make is a real thing and in development. RE3, CV and Rev1 are the only mainline games that don't have any kind of representation on current gen, so that leaves the PS3 as the only console where everything mainline is currently available in one place.

RE2 Remake is coming.
CVX - Nope
RE3 - Nope
RE1 original - Nope
RE2 original - Nope
Rev 2 is on it
Rev 1 is not

Shit I totally forgot there was a proper RE3 and not just CV. What is Rev 1/2? I don't think I've ever heard of those. [fake edit] Oh, Revelations? Those are considered actual.. mainline RE games? I always thought they were like... greatest hits or something (might be getting them mixed up with the on-rails Wii games?)

What is the difference/point of having RE1/2 original when we have the REmakes? Are they different enough to be listed as separate games like that when listing off what mainline titles are available?

Thanks you two!

Danlord

I am really conflicted now.

Given that Capcom didn't make the PS4 version of Resident Evil 0/1 at 60FPS, I don't have much hope they'll make any of these versionf at 60fps. But what conflicts me the most is that the only one that interests me is RE4, but I've seen the re4hd project and it's stunning.

I don't know how often things like this would happen in the industry, but unless Capcom have got into contact with the guys doing that hd project and integrated it into official source code with a 60FPS frame-rate.

If they managed to do, I'll buy it Day 1. 1080p60fps. HD textures. Done. That's me buying the game.

Ridley327

Shit I totally forgot there was a proper RE3 and not just CV. What is Rev 1/2? I don't think I've ever heard of those. [fake edit] Oh, Revelations? Those are considered actual.. mainline RE games? I always thought they were like... greatest hits or something (might be getting them mixed up with the on-rails Wii games?)

What is the difference/point of having RE1/2 original when we have the REmakes? Are they different enough to be listed as separate games like that when listing off what mainline titles are available?

Thanks you two!

You're getting games confused there. The ones you were thinking about are the Chronicles rail shooter games that are the Cliff Notes versions of the games they cover (as well as some bridging content at the end of them), while Revelations are side-stories that are in line with the main canon.

Incidentally, PS3 also has ports of the Chronicles games, so that console has you covered on that front.

Thanks you two!

I consider REmake and the original different enough to be worth playing both. And if you got the DS version, that too.

Next up Resident evil ORC remake!!! (God no)

With a proper budget and decent dev, I'd buy it.

The concept of it was really good, but the execution wasn't. Umbrella Corps looks to be doing something very different sadly.

Will quadruple dip for RE4, but not at $20. And they ain't getting a dime if it's 30fps.

Knowing Capcom this will be as cheap and dirty as possible and I sincerely doubt they will be 60fps. I'm definitely on board for 4 and 5 again though if they are 60fps, although maybe not at full price.

That's absolute horseshit. There's far more reason to rerelease/remaster COD4 than any of these games. Not that remastering COD4 is an astounding development, but it would be more worthwhile than this.

His point stands.

1. The last two mainline RE games are the best selling. Dying series indeed.
2. CoD on the other hand, is declining in sales and will continue to do so.
3. A franchise with yearly installments does not need a re-release. It would be completely moronic for Activision to ever do so as long as they continue a yearly release schedule.

So no, but feel free to try again.

joe2187

Banned

They were the RE.Net exclusive unlockable EX costumes

6cd721d046db34e91d98cc81bccd1186.png

jqdunn

still think the best way to play 4 is with the wiimote

also why isnt sheva alongside chris in the pic for RE5? lol

Nerrel

Good level design, enemy encounters, and pacing are concepts RE6 is completely devoid of.

The Leon gutter section, the Jake snowstorm section, and the Chris europe boss fight on the city street are some of the most atrocious, tedious, and unfun sections I've ever played. Absolutely terrible game design.

Just had to post in agreement upon being reminded of how awful that snowstorm dogshit was. Jesus. I enjoyed a few moments of Leon's campaign, but Jake's entire playthrough was pure, weapons-grade anti-fun. I think Jake's helicopter fight from the street (recycled from Chris's rooftop fight) takes the cake as the shittiest moment of them all.

Top Bottom