• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4, 5, 6 – Announce Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They were the RE.Net exclusive unlockable EX costumes

6cd721d046db34e91d98cc81bccd1186.png

Thank you for clearing that up. Whew!

Any mention of cross-buy for PS3/PS4? I have all three of these digitally through either purchasing or PS+.

Not holding my breath. I'll happily pay $20 for my fourth copy of RE4.

Cool, I'll probably pick up the disk version once it's available. Especially since by that point we will know if these are decent ports or not.

Bittercup

Vita owners :
will I be able to play resident evil 4 on a Vita (via remote ps4)service right?
Sorry, I'm not sure what's it called.
Yes pretty much every game works with remote play including the previously released RE games (Remake, Zero, Revelations 2). I doubt it will be any different for RE4.

joe2187

Banned
I fucking love these. I'm a sucker for low poly. I hope our residentevil.net unlocks carry over to these new versions.

From the announcement post

In addition to all the story campaigns, RE6 includes a variety of multiplayer modes that vary up the action. Extra good news for everyone – the upcoming release will also include all the additional post-launch content from the console version (DLC and all the costumes originally only available through ResidentEvil.net).

myco666

I meant not releasing on the same date.

Probably money still. Releasing all three games at once could cannibalize sales of each game but now since they are paced decently away from each other with rather low price point all of them are easier to sell. They could also just be not finished though.

Not willing to shell out for Resi 5 and 6 again but I'll be there for 4. Been wanting to replay that for ages. Also concerned about Capcoms output. Remasters galore.

What's the difference between a port of a game to a more powerful system and a remaster?

a port would just be like the 360/PS3 version running on the new consoles, whereas a remaster would borrow enhanced settings from PC, maybe? Like, there was more effort done on Uncharted, The Last of Us, MCC than just making the games work on the new systems, right?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
No one cares if these games are graphically improved, or play better (60FPS) than their previously released console counterparts?

I'm a pretty big RE fan and I get the excitement, but if these aren't tightened up and looking better, I won't bother.

Only way I'll buy RE4 again is if it's a true complete edition. An actually decent remaster, all content, Platinum trophy, Move motion control aiming, etc.

Will be ignoring this blatant cash grab otherwise.

Curufinwe

a port would just be like the 360/PS3 version running on the new consoles, whereas a remaster would borrow enhanced settings from PC, maybe? Like, there was more effort done on Uncharted, The Last of Us, MCC than just making the games work on the new systems, right?

The 360/PS3 versions were 720p. Do you expect the XB1/PS4 versions to be 720p?

Top Bottom