• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop) returns to scifi with Space Dandy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akahige

N2PlbfN.jpg

Cwarrior

I really like the design & coloring for the main character, vehicles and the monster, it's got style but sadly deep down I know this going to suck :( like most original anime especially those from bones and like the last Shinichiro Watanabe anime.

So far it looks & sounds the most promising "not adaption" anime to come out the last 10 years, the bar is just really really low that's why.

I hope bones is outsourcing script to someone competent.

Boobs part and the reaction to it was just *facepalm*

I really like the design & coloring for the main character, vehicles and the monster, it's got style but sadly deep down I know this going to suck :( like most original anime especially those from bones and like the last Shinichiro Watanabe anime.

So far it looks & sounds the most promising "not adaption" anime to come out the last 10 years, the bar is just really really low that's why.

I hope bones is outsourcing script someone competent.

Boobs part and the reaction to it was just *facepalm*
1:

2:
They where showing it to americans.

Jex

Lots of talented people are coming together to make something and it looks excellent. I am excited.

It's interesting to see the level of 'retro throwback' their going for, some of it looks pretty Space Cobra/Crusher Joe especially in terms of tone.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Looks fucking awesome.

Best part is if this does well, we'll probably seeing a more serious show from Watanabe akin to Bebop/Champloo next. Good times to be a animu fan.

.la1n

This is the happiest I have been for an anime series in a decade. I'm going to go be alone with my feels now.

MartyStu

God I hope this is good. I miss good anime. I miss good animation and music in anime.

I am going to watch Utena to work off this boner.

Cwarrior

1:

2:
They where showing it to americans.

Dai Satō,keiko nobumoto and kimiko ueno after checking what they previously worked on I can say i can say they sound okay there nothing for me to really worried about anymore excep for hoping they hold back on the fanservice.

I am all aboard this hype train Now, Hype Got!! Let's go!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Kill La Kill, new Hajime No Ippo series then Space Dandy. Seems like I'm sort of getting back into anime. Now I just need some news about David Production doing Stardust Crusaders.

Decado

Looks a little sillier than I was hoping, but we'll see. Looks better than any other TV anime I'm aware of that's in the pipeline, anyway (not saying much).

Hard to get excited with how disappointing TV anime has been over the past 1/2 dozen years.

Firemind

I was impressed by the interesting character designs, the amusing facial expressions, and the shot where everyone's getting swept away by the water which was pretty awesome.

I've missed your relentless negativity, Firemind :p why did you stop posting in the anime thread?

Commitments. You know how it is. I do miss AnimeGAF sometimes. Seems like I didn't miss much though. The only anime I remember enjoying this year is Wolf Children. Some Gaffers recommended me Uchouten Kazoku, so I'll check it when I have the time.

But back on topic, while it has the potential to be an above average BONES production and Watanabe is a fantastic director of episodic shows, it's not likely to come close to the groundbreaking and superbly paced Cowboy Bebop. It'll forever be Watanabe's magnus opus. Samurai Champloo came close, but the production came short a bit.

Who knows? Maybe I'll be surprised, but I'd rather be surprised than be disappointed by having high expectations, especially by a studio that has a lot to prove. Duckroll won't admit it though.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Looks like it could be good. Cowboy Bebop is like the only 1 in a million anime that you can watch again and again as you age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom