• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony will show an unannounced title at Summer Game Fest, rumored to be LEGO Horizon Adventures

Oh man, what a jaw-dropping reveal that will be. LOL

People who have a sour taste in their mouth after that last SoP will surely not be too thrilled by this announcement, either. Man Sony just can't win right now.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
What do you usually do in lego games?

I'm trying to understand how much fucks to give about the game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

Think I haven't played one of those, but afaik it's some easy puzzles, easy platforming, and some simple combat.

Gameplay wise it's nothing mindblowing, the games are cool mostly for how charming they are.

3lx5Vj.gif

eerik9000

I appreciate that Sony is putting a bit of effort into making more family/kids-friendly games with this and Astro Bot. One of their competitors only complains how console gaming is shrinking and it is impossible to expand the userbase, as if there aren't new people being born every single second.

Last edited:
A LEGO version of a arguably mediocre game...

And even if this is fun, with personality and creativity, something the previous games are arguably devoid of:

If you played them, and hold the opinion that they are mediocre (No diss if you don't), you will be bummed that it took two games and one DLC, to get something with some actual personality in it.

And if it will be your first Horizon, the ones you will play afterwards will be, again, arguably mediocre.

Last edited:

Dazraell

Gold Member
They have a GOTY contender slated for September.
You're referring to Astro Bot? At first I thought of saying that while I wish this game the best and I'm actually excited for it, I wouldn't see it among nominees. But when I started considering which games could be possible contenders, you do have a point, I guess

tmlDan

you build lego and fight enemies, you also have a build manual where you build different objects for combat or platforming.

I don't really like them but they're not bad. A couple of my friends love playing them with their kids

GHG

Who wants a Horizon Lego game ?

Typically it's children that want the Lego games.

As long as they've outsourced this and aren't wasting internal resources on a Lego horizon game then:

unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

It's certainly not for me and I won't be buying it.

Never enjoyed what little of the Lego games I’ve played - hopefully it uses Decima engine tho

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I sometimes feel like this place is an alternate universe for some franchises/games:

Is it on the same level as Marvel, DC, Lord of the Rings or Jurassic Park? No. Nowhere close. That's the point I'm getting at.

Theres certainly an audience for all the LEGO games and they've all been good from what I heard, but it aint for me. Summer Games seems like a bore fest based on all the info so far. What a shit year.

Doom85

Is it on the same level as Marvel, DC, Lord of the Rings or Jurassic Park? No. Nowhere close. That's the point I'm getting at.

They made a LEGO game for the LEGO Ninjago movie despite the film only making $120 million at the box office. Yes, I know it’s already a LEGO property to begin with, but still, if they can make a LEGO game for a property even more niche, I’m not surprised at LEGO Horizon being a thing.

I can't stand Horizon for how pretentious it is, so maybe I'll actually like this one. Your robot dinosaur game should not be a single bit more serious than something like Bayonetta.

Last edited:
Give the fucking Lego license to Media Molecule so they can do something new and creative with it. Literally nobody asked for a fucking Chips Aloy Lego game, and I say this as someone who loved the first Horizon and spent thousands on Lego for me and my kid.

zapper

I sometimes feel like this place is an alternate universe for some franchises/games:

they seem bignumbers, then if you check carefully you'll see that the first one sold over 24 million copies, 75% of the total. Maybe it's because this Lego or the remake/remastered of Zero Dawn were projects started some time ago but the potential of the series almost collapsed with the second chapter which hasn't reached 10 million to date (I think).

horizon imo will go down in history as one of the biggest flashes in the pan of the ps brands, a lot of wasted resources and time (apart from decima engine which is the only superlative thing connected to horizon/guerrilla)

They really insist on running this IP into the ground. The first game was really fun, I burned out completely on the second one in the middle of it. While it is pretty cool on the surface (Post Apocalyptic Robot Dinosaurs!) they just kind of fumbled in making interesting human characters or a story. Maybe I'm completely off base there, but definitely don't get the sense people are super hungry for more world building of this IP.

All that said, a LEGO game is way more interesting to me than Horizon 3. I wish they just made that and let GG do something else.

Top Bottom