• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony will show an unannounced title at Summer Game Fest, rumored to be LEGO Horizon Adventures

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Holy shit. I had no idea it sold that well
You must have forgotten the endless bundle jokes.

It sold a lot.

Audiophile

Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping

New team member:

KY5X0QN.jpeg

2FhgRjs.jpeg
amSPAbP.jpeg
6t2NFgv.jpeg
McNIBIA.jpeg
xZuTJIx.jpeg
MeANLDY.jpeg
MQChzFV.jpeg

Last edited:

NickFire

I think we can all agree that any Lego Horizon game will be included in PS+ essential fairly soon after it launches.

Then most of us will complain that its a shit month. Because no one wants a stupid Lego Horizon game.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
There's no rule that states it needs to be in order for that sort of partnership to happen.

I know. However, outside of their own brands, normally Lego games are based of huge franchises. Horizon isn't a massive franchise.

They made a LEGO game for the LEGO Ninjago movie despite the film only making $120 million at the box office. Yes, I know it’s already a LEGO property to begin with, but still, if they can make a LEGO game for a property even more niche, I’m not surprised at LEGO Horizon being a thing.

Do you know how popular Ninjago is with kids? It's stuck around as a main Lego line since 2011 for a reason. It's made more money and is more popular than Horizon will ever be.

Hudo

Gold Member
This might be stupid fucking question but is there really a market for a game like this? Like Horizon + LEGO? I can understand LEGO Star Wars, since probably the Star Wars IP is carrying the whole of LEGO. I can understand stuff like Bionicle or Ninjago or so. Both are incredibly popular with kids. But Horizon?

Audiophile

Gameplay wise it could work really well, having all the pieces flying off the animals and picking them up. I'd really love them to go balls to the wall with the lighting though. RTGI paired with simple assets across a vast land full of dynamic creatures, could be really cool I think..

Perrott

This might be stupid fucking question but is there really a market for a game like this? Like Horizon + LEGO? I can understand LEGO Star Wars, since probably the Star Wars IP is carrying the whole of LEGO. I can understand stuff like Bionicle or Ninjago or so. Both are incredibly popular with kids. But Horizon?
Well, the cadence of releases of regular (not counting LEGO 2K Drive or LEGO 2K Goooal!) action/adventure LEGO games has decreased dramatically ever since Traveller's Tales embarked on the development of The Skywalker Saga (and now a Harry Potter Saga game, according to rumors), so there's definitely a market for some more LEGO games of that kind.

On top of that, the robotic dinosaurs aspect of the Horizon series is incredibly cool and I can see it becoming a somewhat popular line of real-life LEGO products if given an appropriate push with an Horizon game aimed at younger audiences, which would be this upcoming LEGO Horizon Adventures.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
If the game uses similar tech it could be a really good looking game. Hopefully the game has a different feel to the usually Lego franchise games.

They said the game would have realistic graphics. So yes i think they will use this Lego engine tech with RT, which indeed looks “realistic”.

None of the other lego games is using this engine, so if Lego Horizon will be the first one…this could be something big and would look fucking jaw dropping!

Last edited:

Perrott

They said the game would have realistic graphics. So yes i think they will use this Lego engine tech with RT, which indeed looks “realistic”.

None of the other lego games is using this engine, so if Lego Horizon will be the first one…this could be something big!
"Realistic graphics" likely means photorealistic environments as seen in The Skywalker Saga but with all characters and props being LEGO themed:

lego-star-wars-skywalker-saga-endor-new-1024x576-1024x576.jpg

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
"Realistic graphics" likely means photorealistic environments as seen in The Skywalker Saga but with all characters and props being LEGO themed:

lego-star-wars-skywalker-saga-endor-new-1024x576-1024x576.jpg

Could be, but imagine with the advanced Lego builders engine. I really hope they are using that engine with RTGI.

They really want to make Horizon a thing, don't they? Horizon is like the most, "Hey guys! Don't forget about me!" series ever. First one gets blown out by Zelda. Second one gets blown out by Elden Ring. The VR game gets blown out by the fact that it requires a console peripheral that costs as much as it's main console.

It's literally developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
Oh. That's what you meant by GOTY contender. LOL

Well if that's what you're saying, then, guess we'll see. Thought maybe I was missing something.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Oh. That's what you meant by GOTY contender. LOL

Well if that's what you're saying, then, guess we'll see. Thought maybe I was missing something.
I will also LOL at you when you're saying that about the next 3D Mario in 2026.
For a more serious answer, yes, it looks better and more interesting than almost any AA/AAA game released this year, even among those coming from Japan too.

Last edited:
I will also LOL at you when you're saying that about the next 3D Mario in 2026.
For a more serious answer, yes, it looks better and more interesting than almost any AA/AAA game released this year, even among those coming from Japan too.
Not sure on the conflation of Astro Bot and 3D Mario but I guess we're getting off topic. You do you! Whatever makes you happy. And yes it does look refreshing, I have to say. As a non Astro bot player. I hope it does well

Last edited:

GHound

Gold Member
Known: TV TV TV TV TV
Rumors:
Lego game
Multiplayer game
First game remake/remaster

Speculation:
Dating sim spinoff Horizon: Milking Aloy and its standalone expansion Horizon: No More Milk

Peewee Hermen about to make that bread.

Last edited:
Geoff was right about telling not to expect great news
Why I think this is great news robot dinosaurs but in Lego will be amazing the horizon franchise is absolutely amazing. We had never robot dinosaurs concept is really great. You are all to whine oh my god her cheeks is tiny bit bigger this game is a 7/10 will buy when it’s cheap or some other nonsense.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I’m actually excited to see this, don’t get me wrong though, I’m also ready to burn it at the stake if it looks bad.

Robb

Gold Member
Probably the most boring franchise to do this with. That said the LEGO games are usually pretty great. Not sure why they wouldn’t include this in their showcase.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The guys were right. And it looked good too.

I think we can all agree that any Lego Horizon game will be included in PS+ essential fairly soon after it launches.

Then most of us will complain that its a shit month. Because no one wants a stupid Lego Horizon game.

Some of us with kids see a great reason to like this game. It's become extremely clear that GAF sometimes forgets anybody under the age of 13 plays videogames.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Holy shit. I had no idea it sold that well

That's because many of Sony's first-party games have turned into crummy culture war talking points. And GAF has been diseased with this stupid anti-woke mind virus war for the past 2+ years.

It's extremely clear that Horizon is a top-notch gaming IP. This is NOT debatable!

NickFire

The guys were right. And it looked good too.

Some of us with kids see a great reason to like this game. It's become extremely clear that GAF sometimes forgets anybody under the age of 13 plays videogames.
Lol. I have kids too good sir. Have downloaded the first horizon game for them. Have bought them the vR2 bundle with it packed in too. Guess how many times they played either.

Zero. They couldn’t care less about this franchise. I know there must be a lot of people who do since it’s held in such high regard by Sony. I just don’t anyone in real life who cares about it at all.

Topher

Gold Member
That's because many of Sony's first-party games have turned into crummy culture war talking points. And GAF has been diseased with this stupid anti-woke mind virus war for the past 2+ years.

It's extremely clear that Horizon is a top-notch gaming IP. This is NOT debatable!

Nothing you said has anything to do with me not knowing how well it sold my man. I simply didn't know. Not sure why you are trying to make something out of such a simple statement.

mckmas8808

Lol. I have kids too good sir. Have downloaded the first horizon game for them. Have bought them the vR2 bundle with it packed in too. Guess how many times they played either.

Zero. They couldn’t care less about this franchise. I know there must be a lot of people who do since it’s held in such high regard by Sony. I just don’t anyone in real life who cares about it at all.

I think Horizon will be Playstation's "Avatar" lol. Each Avatar movie makes $2 billion, yet people on the internet keep saying they don't know people who likes the movies or went to go see them. I have literally no one in my family or any friends that like Taylor Swift's music either, but I would never say or insulate that she isn't a big artist.

I think some people on GAF just need to realize that Horizon is a big franchise and it's surpassed Killzone. Regardless if you care or not. I like both franchises and wish Guerilla and Sony would make both games personally.

Are you kids under 13 years old?

Nothing you said has anything to do with me not knowing how well it sold my man. I simply didn't know. Not sure why you are trying to make something out of such a simple statement.

I was trying to say that if you ONLY listened to GAF it makes sense as to why you didn't think Horizon games sold great. You'd think they sold less than mid-tier games, if you only listened to GAF. GAF acts like each game sold around 3 million copies.

NickFire

I think Horizon will be Playstation's "Avatar" lol. Each Avatar movie makes $2 billion, yet people on the internet keep saying they don't know people who likes the movies or went to go see them. I have literally no one in my family or any friends that like Taylor Swift's music either, but I would never say or insulate that she isn't a big artist.

I think some people on GAF just need to realize that Horizon is a big franchise and it's surpassed Killzone. Regardless if you care or not. I like both franchises and wish Guerilla and Sony would make both games personally.

Are you kids under 13 years old?

I was trying to say that if you ONLY listened to GAF it makes sense as to why you didn't think Horizon games sold great. You'd think they sold less than mid-tier games, if you only listened to GAF. GAF acts like each game sold around 3 million copies.
Im moving on from this conversation cause I don’t know why it’s continued this far. I was expecting Wolverine this year. Looks like no Wolverine but I can biy Lego Horizon as a consolation. F that noise. Lego anything is not Wolverine.

mckmas8808

Im moving on from this conversation cause I don’t know why it’s continued this far. I was expecting Wolverine this year. Looks like no Wolverine but I can biy Lego Horizon as a consolation. F that noise. Lego anything is not Wolverine.

The hacks revealed that Wolverine is 2026 now :(

But that Venom is targeting 2025. So we'll see. I'm starting to wonder if Sony pushed dates back purposely in order for them all to come out on the PS5 Pro at this point.

Top Bottom