• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice (Vita) Demo impressions

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Can't play it but watched some demo play throughs posted here.
Holy fucking shit!

If they market it right this WILL be Sony's Monster Hunter.
The art style isn't neutral like the Monster Hunter artstyle, so it will never be as popular as Monster Hunter.
(I guess popularity is what you had in mind.)

Number45

It won't.

It might be their God Eater though.
Surely God Eater is their God Eater?

No way this will do MH levels of sales, or drive purchases to the same extent. Great reception to the demo can't hurt it though. ^_^

I stared watching some of the videos, then decided to go in as fresh as possible when it releases.

Surely God Eater is their God Eater?

No way this will do MH levels of sales, or drive purchases to the same extent. Great reception to the demo can't hurt it though. ^_^

I stared watching some of the videos, then decided to go in as fresh as possible when it releases.

God Eater isn't Sonys

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I played the demo(but i have to complete it), the mission structure is like the ragnarok odissey and gods eater, you choose a mission and you are teleported to the mission.
Mission are "bite size", progression system looks interesting, and there's some strategy too, magic is not unlimited, so you need to use it carefully if you don't want to remain without attacks.
The ground textures problem is created by a stupid algorithm that decrease the textures' quality taking in account the position of the main character but not the one of the camera, anyway most of the time the ground is detailed.
Anyone knows why i had to fight
the girl
?

EDIT:
in the japanese store there's the ys demo too(i haven't played it yet), and a free ar game with a girl from some game.

This won't ever reach Monster Hunter heights (as far as sales/popularity) -- it just won't happen for a CERO D game. Kids won't be playing this in schoolyards.

It does seem like it has crazy potential to be a big hit, though.

Maedhros

I still have to fight it, but the fights with previous ex humans took me few minutes.

That's because you're on the prologue... with the easier version of the monsters. Hell... even the ones Kyle are fighting are supposed to be easy versions, if I'm not mistaken.

The game seems to have a insane amount of missions on the full version, am I wrong Kyle? BTW, no new videos?

That's because you're on the prologue... with the easier version of the monsters. Hell... even the ones Kyle are fighting are supposed to be easy versions, if I'm not mistaken.

The game seems to have a insane amount of missions on the full version, am I wrong Kyle? BTW, no new videos?

Looking at the black parts of the book, it seems like there is going to be a pretty insane amount of missions.

Harpy boss fight is uploading right now -- should be up in 30mins or so. I'll post it here once it's up!

BTW there is a developers livestream for the game going on right now:

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv118861103

wapplew

Inafune just announce English/Chinese version of SS at Asia Game Show, release in 2013, after Japan version launch. Hope it won't be too late

BadWolf

Funny thing is this amazing looking game probably wouldn't have existed if Capcom hadn't jumped ship.

Not sure if I should be cursing them or thanking them.

Maedhros

Vita's an independent man yo!

Was being the keypoint. Still trying to figure out why Capcom jumped ship so easily.

aCanM.gif

wapplew

I still think it'll be a nearly simultaneous worldwide launch.

Sony do have a habit of announcing release date of English/Chinese version of their game 1 month after Japanese release.
I guess they want to sell more Japanese copy cause many East Asian player can read Japanese very well. Always end up buying both copy.

For the game exploration part, I hope it will come to a part that you finally get out of the prison, start exploration from there.

Maedhros

Sony do have a habit of announcing release date of English/Chinese version of their game 1 month after Japanese release.
I guess they want to sell more Japanese copy cause many East Asian player can read Japanese very well. Always end up buying both copy.

As for the game exploration part, I hope it will come to a part that you finally get out of the prison, start exploration from there.

I'm sure there'll be 0 exploration. Seriously, the game isn't about exploration.

Maybe if the game is sucessfull (and I'm sure it'll) they can do exploration on the sequel or something.

Sid

For the game exploration part, I hope it will come to a part that you finally get out of the prison, start exploration from there.
Interesting.....

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

Story will probably stay inside the book (for the most part anyway), so I wouldn't really expect any real exploration.

BadWolf

I'm sure there'll be 0 exploration. Seriously, the game isn't about exploration.

Maybe if the game is sucessfull (and I'm sure it'll) they can do exploration on the sequel or something.

Good, I liked that part of God Eater over Monster Hunter.

Its fun running through the areas the first few times in MH but quickly becomes a hassle and a waste of time.

Maedhros

Good, I liked that part of God Eater over Monster Hunter.

Its fun running through the areas the first few times in MH but quickly becomes a hassle and a waste of time.

Yeah. Even in God Eater there were some areas that were almost too big for me, but they were usually just the right size.

Laguna

Banned
If they market it right this WILL be Sony's Monster Hunter.

It´s more likely that this will be more like Sonys next Gravity Daze. A decent game that will be hyped a lot in forums but in the end basically only Sonyfans will care about. In this case also because there already are far more popular similar games planned to be released in 2013.

It´s more likely that this will be more like Sonys next Gravity Daze. A decent game that will be hyped a lot in forums but in the end basically only Sonyfans will care about. In this case also because there already are far more popular similar games planned to be released in 2013.

Have you played GR or this demo?

I don't see how it would not be an exclusive. It's published my SCE, and jointly developed between Marvelous and SCEJ. I'd be surprised if Sony themselves didn't own the IP.

Oh, I just meant staying Vita exclusive, I assumed it was a Sony IP. Just hoping it stays on the Vita and is successful enough to move units (as unrealistic as that may be).

I love the stage design where enemies and terrain have a consistent theme. I have a soft spot for that kind of thing.

Laguna

Banned
Have you played GR or this demo?

I replied to a post about its potential as a MH substitution, there is no need to, to make an educated guess. To reply your questions yes I´ve played GR and no I haven´t played this demo because I won´t format my only memstick to play it and I´m more interested in what Inafunes plans are than in this game as a game.

I replied to a post about its potential as a MH substitution, there is no need to, to make an educated guess. To reply your questions yes I´ve played GR and no I haven played this demo because I won´t format my only memstick to play it.

Make a prediction, how many copies will it sell?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Does anyone have an idea of what exactly ghost mode does yet? Specifically what happens while you're tapping an enemy or friend?

There's currently about 37,000 people watching the stream. It's been pretty funny so far. There will be a message from Inafune at the end.

Mario007

I think that Inafune is a businessman with some good ideas so I won´t make an exact prediction, but either way I´ll say MH4 will outsell his game anyway by a factor of at least 5:1 in Japan.

The important comparison will be with one of the earlier MH portable titles on the PSP rather than with an established franchise whose last proper portable outing sold around 5 million in Japan.

If this game can do 200k in the first week and have legs going forward, I'd say Sony will be happy. Also take into the account the double facts and the incedibly smart marketing, which is very unlike Sony. I think this game will be the hit Sony was looking for.

Two things from Inafune:

-A new boss he talked about, Centaurus. He said it will be incredibly difficult and will test the player's skills.

EDIT: THEY ARE SHOWING THE NEW BOSS ON THE STREAM RIGHT NOW:

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv118861103

They failed hard! Looks like they are gonna try again, haha...

-He said straight up. "Some of you are probably thinking, 'this looks interesting, I want to try it out. But I don't have a Vita.' If this is you, buy a Vita. This will be a game worthy of buying a Vita." Was surprised at how many "I'll buy a Vita!" scrolling across the screen at that time lol.

Top Bottom