• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice (Vita) Demo impressions

Got him to Orange with one AI sacrificed but fucked up my shield burst and that cost me :(

Would the second plus my rite have done it?

remember the more party members you have the more health he has. i found it easier to go at it alone because that way i can lead him wherever i want. i don't want to summon a golem for him to turn around and target someone else.

Whichever spell set of three that you have chosen will get filled. I think they only get filled by one cast though.

just tested this to make sure and it adds to everything.

wilflare

Thanks. Then it must add one cast for every offering.

it depends on the level (boost) of the offering
each renewal, added to my Jack O Lantern Offering)
- at two stars, one before the "almost exhausted warning came up"
- at three stars, two before the "almost exhausted warning came up"

wilflare

Really depends on the team. I remember struggling with Cerberus for more than 20 minutes while playing with BlueMaxima, Twentytwo and Expel and beating him in around 2 mins with 3 randoms.

Have you tried fully restarting the Vita? Holding the power button for a few seconds and booting it again.

with AI.. I'm taking horribly long with Harpy :/
(Jack is much more manageable now with all the Ice hell attacks)

Thanks for the info. This makes boosting offerings much more important than I initially thought.

If boosting increases the amount your casts are refilled then it definitely is worth it.

ZeroAKA

Not only that, but it also depends how many many uses the offering has from the start. It might be a percentage of the max number of casts.

So you can grind in this game because of the whole level up thing, right?
Yes.

wilflare

So you can grind in this game because of the whole level up thing, right?

plenty to grind I guess (and in a fun-way)
grind to get more offerings to Boost
grind to unlock different Fuse Combinations (and the necessary offerings to do so)
grind to unlock Sigils? Costumes, etc? (not sure since I only have the demo)
grind to get your right arm the way you want too

EDIT:

What do you need to boost your offerings and how can I get them?

Multiples of the same offering. Two of the same offering at level one to make one offering at level two, and two of the same offering at level two to make level three, and so on. You will acquire many of the same offering if you play online a lot.

ZeroAKA

The Monster Hunter fan in me finds that incredibly weird.
Easy solution: don't go into the game with a Monster Hunter mindset.

What do you need to boost your offerings and how can I get them?
Two offerings can be fused together to form an offering with a star, two 1-star offerings can be fused to form an offering with 2 stars, and so on. Two 3-star offerings fuse to form a completely new offering, but that feature is locked in the demo.

wilflare

Yes. There is no reason not to play missions over and over again. You level up, get more offerings which you can use to boost or fuse, acquire more sigils to buff your character, etc.

and rewrite the story (for the single player campaign) as you deem fit/necessary :D pretty cool

(I need a new voice for Librom)

Easy solution: don't go into the game with a Monster Hunter mindset.

Two offerings can be fused together to form an offering with a star, two 1-star offerings can be fused to form an offering with 2 stars, and so on. Two 3-star offerings fuse to form a completely new offering, but that feature is locked in the demo.

Offering evolution? I'm dying of excitement.

DAMMIT still fucking up some of these shields plus I broke my healing by accident :(.

Got him to red and spewing all over this time but with everything I had (2 sacrifice, Black Rite). I can do better

Lucent

I love/hate how long these battles take. haha.
especially in an online battle... dinner's here.. and I can't pause to eat until I'm done with Cerberus

Took 18 minutes when my team of four beat him. And the host was even somewhat low. Everyone (including me) was about capped but he was probably level 13 or so. Heh.

wilflare

Yes, it's called Berserk (or so people say).

hmm but that's more of it being an inspiration rather than an anime based on the game entirely... right? idk.

(were there any games that became so successful that it became an anime? - persona comes to mind)

I really hope there's a way to do something about Sotiara ugh.

Roubjon

Now I feel bad stealing two of them at once while playing online. All of my spells were blinking red though, so I think it was okay.

wilflare

Yes, it seems so. You should stick to sacrificing monsters and only use the replenish spots as last resort.

Yes, I think so.

nope. they will replenish after.. a (long) while.
had to run around a few times and bid my time until they replenished during my fight against the Harpie/Cerberus

for those with the full game..
are there arenas where we encounter multiple bosses?
.. a fight with both the Harpie and Cerberus at the same time would be... glorious lol

haterofpants

Neo Member
Did the Japanese demo have the same issues as the NA demo regarding the pretty bad netcode? The majority of games I try to join usually has someone who never connects, which locks out the Ready button, or I get a "Network error!" message when trying to join a room which boots me back to the main menu and I have to go through the whole connecting and EULA message again. Was this something that was fixed with the final version of the game?

wilflare

Did the Japanese demo have the same issues as the NA demo regarding the pretty bad netcode? The majority of games I try to join usually has someone who never connects, which locks out the Ready button, or I get a "Network error!" message when trying to join a room which boots me back to the main menu and I have to go through the whole connecting and EULA message again. Was this something that was fixed with the final version of the game?

hmm. I thought the netcode is good... haven't had much of a problem connecting to games (and playing games without disconnect)

Why w... why would you do this?!

when one boss isn't punishing enough. and it seems that Black Rites (would there be.. White Rites?) and Sacrifices are all affect all spells... so no reason why there should not be massive punishing battles with multiple bosses :X

Folstern

I was having trouble with this until I put my Vita into DMZ through my router. Either that or opening ports should work too.

Azull

when one boss isn't punishing enough. and it seems that Black Rites (would there be.. White Rites?) and Sacrifices are all affect all spells... so no reason why there should not be massive punishing battles with multiple bosses :X

Can anyone answer this that has played the full version? I am pretty sure there's only black rites but it would be cool if there was powerful offerings that supported the group you know.

matmanx1

Netcode has been consistently excellent for me with no lag and short wait times for joining groups. I've been really impressed with it. I would check your setup.

wilflare

Remember friend,.... Cerberus is only a 7-8 star boss out of what seems 20?

We got some badddddddddddd demons ready to take our butts in the full retail game.

Crazy analogy, I know

but.. but.. I would still want to fight two Cerberus(es). Imagine two of them charging at you at the same time and breaking your shields :O :O

DigitalOp

Banned
but.. but.. I would still want to fight two Cerberus(es). Imagine two of them charging at you at the same time and breaking your shields :O :O

Maybe for the sequel mate

troll-sad-troll-face.svg

Random group and I downed Cerberus in 9:47! All of us activated our black Rites at the end for a quick finish. Still no Timesand drop, does Harpy also drop it as a Martyr reward?

Just played it and I gotta say that I was blown away. The game on the Vita screen looks amazing and the game played pretty decent for me. I only played the first part since I didn't have much time, but from what I played it was pretty fun. I looked at a video of a guy playing the game and I'm glad it has character customization. Not sure how far the character customization goes, but hopefully it's pretty decent.

This demo sold me.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
nope. they will replenish after.. a (long) while.
had to run around a few times and bid my time until they replenished during my fight against the Harpie/Cerberus

for those with the full game..
are there arenas where we encounter multiple bosses?
.. a fight with both the Harpie and Cerberus at the same time would be... glorious lol
There are a few 2 bosses high level quests (and one low level iirc).
Can anyone answer this that has played the full version? I am pretty sure there's only black rites but it would be cool if there was powerful offerings that supported the group you know.
All Forbidden Arts (Black Rites, whatever) are damage dealing, but quite a few of them also hold the boss in place so that your team can pummel it for huge damage.

wilflare

There are a few 2 bosses high level quests (and one low level iirc).

All Forbidden Arts (Black Rites, whatever) are damage dealing, but quite a few of them also hold the boss in place so that your team can pummel it for huge damage.

SWEEET :D

I somehow hope the alignment of one's right arm would have an effect on the Forbidden Arts..
like greater damage on enemy but sacrifice health for those with the Devil Arm..
less damage on enemy but healing effect for those with the Divine Arm

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
SWEEET :D

I somehow hope the alignment of one's right arm would have an effect on the Forbidden Arts..
like greater damage on enemy but sacrifice health for those with the Devil Arm..
less damage on enemy but healing effect for those with the Divine Arm
Nothing like that. There are only Sigils which make specific FA stronger but they have the same effect for each arm type, although specific levels of specific arms are required to unlock them.

Top Bottom