• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront gameplay

pixelation

I'm just joking with you my man. : D

im dying lmao

Quick job, i only erased the face...
nczk4p2.png

HowZatOZ

Banned
Alright, that was awesome. I was wrong about ADS being removed, it makes the game flow 100% better. And that fucking sound design, holy shit.

Stop trying to inject logic into the equation. So weird, everyone I've ever spoken to about Star Wars from being 12 when ESB came out up and even over 30 years later pronounced it that way. Until now. And yeah I've always said Aytee-Estee. It just made sense my whole life and now everything is in flames.
I called it AT-ess-tee. As in Atari ST.

Suck on that, logic!

Cheech

Just need to hear about the collector's edition to figure out which one I need to preorder.

I'm going to do the deluxe one for the hell of it. The cover is cool. I'm not going to drop $100+ on some crazy CE, I've run out of room to keep plastic tchotchke crap.

Woorloog

Banned
Alright, that was awesome. I was wrong about ADS being removed, it makes the game flow 100% better. And that fucking sound design, holy shit.

?
What do you mean? Better without ADS or you're saying there's ADS and it is better for that?

(There's no ADS in case someone wonders, only zoom but it is just that, apparently.)

I....

I....

I think....

All.
Over.
My.
Face.
Please.

Considering the discussion about Elzar's avatar above, you're making somewhat awkward statement.

Daft_Cat

Looks like the core experience will deliver. I'm not as excited as I expected to be though. I think I'll still probably miss the insane amount of content that Battlefront 2 had.

By the way, anyone else find it odd that this was the only substantial EA Star Wars offering at the show (disregarding TOR)? With Episode 7 on the horizon, I expected a galaxy far, far away to play a bigger role in their presser. Obviously nothing else is landing in 2015, but I'd have loved a tease at what they've got their studios working on.

Ah well.

taoofjord

Keep in mind that the Hoth level is a good choice for debuting console gameplay since there's way less detail than the forest level. I suppose we can't say it was downgraded, it's just not PC gameplay. We'll have to wait and see how it looks on PC before we compare it to the screens that have been released.

That said, it still looks great to me, and the game looks really fun.

So what's been the general consensus on here? Because I had literally 0 interest in this game until I saw this video but holy crap this looks good. I thought they said no fighters?

Woorloog

Banned
By the way, anyone else find it odd that this was the only substantial EA Star Wars offering at the show (disregarding TOR)? With Episode 7 on the horizon, I expected a galaxy far, far away to play a bigger role in their presser. Obviously nothing else is landing in 2015, but I'd have loved a tease at what they've got their studios working on.

Ah well.

Not odd, not IMO.
Focus. People want Star Wars, but with no options, one game at a time sells well. So the next year they'll have something else.
My theory anyway.

Also, Disney/Lucasfilm seems to be, in a way, keeping things slow until The Force Awakens is released. Figure things will ramp up afterwards.

Lol this thread got more interesting

Thins are often more interesting with Elzar around. Seems to be his modus operandi.

CHC

This looked pretty cool. I appreciate the honest footage of the game - it looked good, but not too good to be true.

Peltz

This thread has it all:

Lightsaber - HYPE
Those Textures - HYPE
That Art Direction - HYPE
That Penis Avatar - HYPE

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
animations. gun models. almost everything that composes the snowy terrain and mountains

You mean engine similarities?

That is like saying Gears of War ripped assets from Unreal Tournament...

Or Left 4 Dead ripped assets from Half Life 2. Ryse from Crysis 3.

Get out of here with that nonsense.

It is going to have similarities since it incorporates the SAME ENGINE. However, the models are not running around with M4's snipe scoping dudes. The animations are not identical either.

Not odd, not IMO.
Focus. People want Star Wars, but with no options, one game at a time sells well. So the next year they'll have something else.
My theory anyway.

Also, Disney/Lucasfilm seems to be, in a way, keeping things slow until The Force Awakens is released. Figure things will ramp up afterwards.

There is also another live action spin off film for December 2016 that takes place in between EP3 and EP4 with how they went about getting the Death Star plans.

Possibly tied into the Visceral/Amy Hennig game.

DOWN

Banned
Simple and clean, just like I like it.

I want simple and clean and that's not what we got. It had multicolors, opaque, picture icons, and a constant flow of points waaay too close to the middle of the screen. If it steals something from Battlefield, let's hope its the HUD opacity slider.

Damn, I guess I'm over star wars games because that didn't do it for me. And the same old Star Wars score. Meh. Gameplay looks cool I guess, but I'm not feeling it. Reminded me of Star Wars N64.

Neverfade

Why would anyone pilot the At-St, that thing is just a big slow moving target.

We're talking a about a DICE shooter here. You really expect anyone else to pull out a rocket launcher and take care of it?

No, that thing is going to wreck shit until you respawn and do it yourself! :p

Woorloog

Banned
We're talking a about a DICE shooter here. You really expect anyone else to pull out a rocket launcher and take care of it?

No, that thing is going to wreck shit until you respawn and do it yourself! :p

How many fucking times this happened to me in BF3 (never played BF4).
I'm like, OK now that i've done X (usually something essential to team) i figure i can finally play what i actually want (most likely Assault as assault)... but no, i immediately realize i have to do something else, like blowing up a tank because no one else is doing that.

Ramirez, do everything!

What you say is stupid. He didn't have the costume and didn't meet Vader here. It's not the game of the fifth movie.

Who says he didn't have that costume on Hoth? Maybe he did and just didn't wear it during the scenes in empire. You think he went clothes shopping right before the showdown?

HowZatOZ

Banned
?
What do you mean? Better without ADS or you're saying there's ADS and it is better for that?

(There's no ADS in case someone wonders, only zoom but it is just that, apparently.)

Considering the discussion about Elzar's avatar above, you're making somewhat awkward statement.

Previously when they announced that ADS wasn't in the game I had the opinion that the game wouldn't succeed as well, and that it wasn't for me. Turns out I was proven wrong and the game looks to flow surprisingly well.

Top Bottom