• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront gameplay

You mean engine similarities?

That is like saying Gears of War ripped assets from Unreal Tournament...

Or Left 4 Dead ripped assets from Half Life 2. Ryse from Crysis 3.

Get out of here with that nonsense.

It is going to have similarities since it incorporates the SAME ENGINE. However, the models are not running around with M4's snipe scoping dudes. The animations are not identical either.

There is also another live action spin off film for December 2016 that takes place in between EP3 and EP4 with how they went about getting the Death Star plans.

Possibly tied into the Visceral/Amy Hennig game.

LOL wait...what?

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps9dde0bcd.gif

Gun models from BF3. You heard it here, folks.

bf4. i said postaa and ao were recycled from bf3

Nev

Banned
To the people saying this is Battlefield: Star Wars, did you ever play a Battlefront game? That is exactly what these games were.

This looks like what you'd expect from Battlefront 3, as in fucking incredible (tho staged as fuck). That's why I fear they'll fuck up somehow.

Nevermind, it was Youtube's shitty stuttering. Still definitely not locked 60fps, so it could be actual PS4 footage.

J-Rzez

Game delivered to my expectations. Now they just need to deliver that Dolby Atmos for my new receiver, and 4K OLED... I'm so pumped. Double dipping. Pre-ordered for PS4 and PC.

how do engines work

oh, i forgot ao and aa cant be improved over the course of 4 years of engine development. and that snot even what he was responding to anyway. or do you also think animations, models and textures are "engine features" as opposed to artist crafted entities.

Woorloog

Banned
Previously when they announced that ADS wasn't in the game I had the opinion that the game wouldn't succeed as well, and that it wasn't for me. Turns out I was proven wrong and the game looks to flow surprisingly well.

I see.
And yes, it looked... flowing.
Missed non-ADS shooters so very much.

My Star Citizen box just became a Star Wars Battlefront box too. Now I guess I have to finish building the damn thing before November.

Haint

On a technical level it looks absolutely nothing like that 'real time' reveal trailer that focused on the forest area, but i guess that was the PC version maybe, hopefully...probably not.

DOWN

Banned
On a technical level it looks absolutely nothing like that 'real time' reveal trailer that focused on the forest area, but i guess that was the PC version maybe, hopefully...probably not.

There hasn't been a real time trailer

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
DICE didn't claim real time, but they did tag the reveal trailer "Game Engine Footage" which might be understood as real time.

I could have sworn they said "In Engine Footage".

Not their fault people do not google, or interpret how they want it to mean.

If it does not say GAMEPLAY, then a common rule of thumb is to take it as concept.

I still think it matches the scaled target of the high end PC footage they shown. Waiting on Endor to make final assessments.

I am stoked for a multilayer Star Wars game that looks and sounds this good. If a little scaled less ruins the game for people, then you have been in the wrong hobby since gaming began.

EVIL

oh, i forgot ao and aa cant be improved over the course of 4 years of engine development. and that snot even what he was responding to anyway. or do you also think animations, models and textures are "engine features" as opposed to artist crafted entities.

I just want to add how ridiculous your posts are. I don't know what brand of game dev conspiracy glue you sniff but I want some.

AT-AT is smaller.

Also, the Snowspeed harpoon sequence didn't look as fun as it was in Rogue Squadron where you had to be accurate and it was really hard to make it happen.

Woorloog

Banned
I thought the co-op looked kind of terrible. Was just a random collection of objectives.
Would have hoped some actual narrative as well.
Of course, the focus of the game is the multiplayer proper so i'm not really surprised.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
What animations were reused exactly? All of the assets were definitely new. And i've been playing BF4 almost daily for the past few months. And I could not spot a single animation from BF4. I literally said out loud. "I love all these new animations."

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So I'm confused, are those AT-STs piloted by players? There was also a ton more star fighters, are there like...AI vehicles around the map you can kill, or was that for show?

TMWNN35

I`m torn on this gameplay trailer, I already knew the gfx would be amazing and they are but this `gameplay` was so unrepresentative of your typical MP game that I`m still not sure that I`ll find it fun to play.

DOWN

Banned
DICE didn't claim real time, but they did tag the reveal trailer "Game Engine Footage" which might be understood as real time.
It shouldn't be. In engine just means it used engine tools and assets. Doesn't mean it was able to perform in real time with those cinema effects from the engine.

Top Bottom