• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
jr0a7v25w1GQG.png

jYSufBxeAVdXk.png

Love it.

MattyG

Banned
Remember folks: storm trooper uniforms could be put on by anybody.

Just because that guy was in the suit doesn't mean he plays a storm trooper in the movie.
Wasn't the rumor that he was a deserter whos TIE crash lands on Tatooine? That looks like what could've just happened.

Anyone else notice what looks like a ship through the trees in the Sith shot?
Nope. Which part of the shot?

I just noticed they got a new radar dish on the falcon. I guess after Lando broke his promise in Return of the Jedi that the Falcon wouldnt get a scratch, they must've got a new one :p

Trailer gave me chills. I cant fucking wait!

In the end I don't care how good this movie is, I'm just happy it exists because it's letting us have a new Star Wars Battlefront.

But the trailer looked good. Next year will be great. Jurassic World and Episode 7.

Leynos

I just looked it up, and oh dear god, JJ Abrams is the director, and wrote the screenplay. Well, another movie I no longer have any interest in watching.

bill0527

Wow people freaking outs over that droid and the light saber handle.

Both are very practical. The rolling droid would be the best fastest way to get around on a planet made of sand. And that light saber is a claymore which is a sword design meant to protect you from getting your hands and forearms chopped off. Hands and forearms seem to be the most common form of light saber dismemberment so this design would make sense.

Paganmoon

someone's going to CAD-ify that...

it would make sense if the crosshilt was pure laser, but with hilt, it makes no sense.

unlike mauls lightsaber, this is purely cosmetical and honestly, putting it in the teaser, obviously trying to recreat the huge WHOA the double lightsaber created, is a bit pathetic.

Mandalorian Iron can withstand lightsabers, crosshilt could be made of that.

If only the Lighthänder (or Zweisaber) didn't have those cross beams, it would look so cool.

But I have a theory actually. Those aren't meant to be "blades", they are meant to be "exhausts" if you will. The saber has an incoherent flow, unlike the traditional ones which I assume is due to it being designed with a completely different mechanism and with more power. To keep it going, it needs to let some power out so it doesn't overload, hence the "exhausts".

Lebron

The John Williams Main theme has to be the greatest theme of all time. When that shit hits, you feel it, brehs.

Lawd you feel it.

- J - D -

I can't help myself, this is how I felt watching the first Phantom Menace trailer more than 15 years ago, before the crushing reality set in.

Star Wars is back and now has cool shit like lightsaber hilts and black stormtroopers! And no sign of a Qui Gon-like asshole.

R.I.P

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan and it's been years since I last saw any of the movies but man that trailer got me pumped.
Please be good!

Jibbed

That's how I saw it. I suspect this will never be seen again outside of that shot.

Nah, I'm willing to bet the rings on the 'ball' parts are docking points for the head once it stops moving. Then you'll have legs, or pads etc. popping out form the rest.

Both parts are consistent with the colours anyway.

Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Initial thoughts? X-wings? YESSSS!!! What's up with that light saber? That looks kind of like a dumb/dangerous guard for light saber. Millennium Falcon? Yes. *Star Wars theme* Hnnngggg......

Just don't let Rick Berman anywhere near it. And no poetry

sphagnum

Banned
So ridley is the name of the actor not the character?

Nobody knows the names of the characters yet, although the girl may be Kira. But the actors seen in the trailer are John Boyega (stormtrooper), Daisy Ridley (the girl), and Oscar Isaac (X-Wing pilot). Unconfirmed who the lightsaber wielder is
probably Adam Driver

zeemumu

Aren't the clones supposed to have the physical appareance of Jango Fett? Are they gonna give an explanation (or was it given in previous movies) for him being another person now or JJ Abrams doesn't give a shit about continuity and coherence?

Maybe that's not a clone but he looked like one.

The original 501st did. By the time that the original trilogy happened, most of them were most likely dead, so the empire started taking new recruits to keep up the numbers.

Senoculum

It's drenched with JJ Abrams touch. Love the colours. And Boyega is a fine actor, he showed amazing potential in Attack the Block, and I like his look too.

Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom