• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyG

Banned
I remember seeing a leaked plot outline. If I remember clearly

POSSIBLE BIG SPOILERS
Doesn't Luke turn evil near the end of the film?
I remember that rumor, but if I recall correct, there was a lot of stuff concerning the new characters that doesn't line up with this teaser. I'm calling bullshit on that one.

BFIB

The medieval lightsaber! I think that might be because of the spoilers that were going around for a while. It's not a terrible idea. It might make it hard to be removed from the person's grip? Possibly?

I think its more of a dark side user that isn't technically a "sith". So it looks like the crystal in his blade isn't near as strong as those in normal light sabers.

Alavard

For the whole lightsaber is dangerous for the wielder people, these are jedi. They can deflect beams of light using their reflexes. They are in complete control, no jedi has ever cut themselves. The crosshilt will protect the hands, it is no danger to the sith.

Of course we're not going to see a Jedi or a Sith cut themselves with their own weapon.

The point is that certain light-saber configurations restrict the positions you can have the weapon in, because you'd otherwise be slicing yourself. They limit your tactical options.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
No, you really don't. Terrible movie, with terrible acting.

30161006_.jpg

Yup, that was great and I'm psyched! Shots of the x-wings and falcon were freaking awesome. Broad sword lightsaber was a little weird, by whatever, I'm hyped and think it'll be great!

I already am! Is it too late for Disney to change their mind??

I think the schedule to release for 7 is too compressed for him to do 8. Rian Johnson is going to start shooting next year while Abrams will still be finishing up post production on 7.

So do we have any idea of the political structure in this film? Were those X-Wings part of the New Republic (or whatever they may call it)? Were those TIEs and stormies part of the Galactic Empire or Imperial Remnant, or...?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well that was good, he's nailed the look and feel of it.

Lightsaber looks a bit silly and try-hard, but everything else was great. Especially the X-Wings over the water.

Travo

I think its more of a dark side user that isn't technically a "sith". So it looks like the crystal in his blade isn't near as strong as those in normal light sabers.

Maybe he's a secret apprentice of Vader or the Emperor.

I like the crossguard. It actually makes sense - swords had those for a reason, and a lightsaber's crossguard would need to be tiny lightsabers to work. Plus it looks badass.

Visually, all the new designs are great and very Star Wars. You can see some Abrams in the lighting and cinematography but he maintained the Star Wars look very well. And Adam looks menacing and crazy as a Sith.

Also lol at the Abrams hate.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Its...how can I put this. I would have exactly the same reaction if the last two decades weren't stuffed with various Star Wars media and merchandise trying to make me feel like a kid again.
You've just got to let go and believe in it.

What's the fun of being guarded about it? Worst case you go see it and it's awful for some reason and THEN you're disappointed.

Being a pessimist or a realist in this scenario just makes you less likely to enjoy the product. You've got over a year to talk yourself into not liking what you see and then the movie becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I just get the feeling that this movie is going to be insanely polarizing before it's even released which is a shame.

Could the guy with the StormTrooper outfit be under cover perhaps ? Behind enemy lines as it were.

That Falcon shot, fuck me, can't stop grinning

Hmm coming from a non Star Wars fan:

-don't like voiceover guy's voice - sounds forced
-I instantly liked the look of the movie - and I guess the setting of the movie means no more excuses to fill the screen with CG extravaganza overload? That's a great thing
-again, minimalist look, great. Please keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom