• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERHYPERCUBE cancels Oculus support

Sai-kun

Banned
Far from my best friends but I do talk to multiple 5 times a day and they would call me their friend, so whatever.

Also one of my white friends is a huge Trump supporter and they're friends with him too. Who could imagine there's more to relationships than politics?
You don't sound like much of a friend honestly.

Far from my best friends but I do talk to multiple 5 times a day and they would call me their friend, so whatever.

Also one of my white friends is a huge Trump supporter and they're friends with him too. Who could imagine there's more to relationships than politics?

Are you sure you're friends?

It's interesting to see the amount of people defending Trump on the gaming side in comparison to the off-topic side.

Sadly it's not that surprising to me anymore. Not surprised that so many people that stick to the gaming side exclusively share the same kind of insulated, ignorant world view as Palmer and his shithead alt-right friends.

ar4757

You're a shitty friend then.

Lol gaf is more liberal than I thought

He's not kicking them out of the country or anything. I doubt Trump would do anything to hurt legal citizens vs illegals.

I wouldn't mind Obama being up for re-election. He is a chill guy who I didn't take much offense with.

Briarios

He's not kicking them out of the country or anything. I doubt Trump would do anything to hurt legal citizens vs illegals.

I wouldn't mind Obama being up for re-election. He is a chill guy who I didn't take much offense with.

He's already hurting legal citizens, and he hasn't been elected to anything.

MUnited83

For you.

So you literally haven't read up anything ever on Trump, his policies and what he has said.

Caelus

The candidate you prefer is notorious for denying Obama's citizenship, and that isn't even the only thing on his decades-spanning resume of racist rhetoric and action.

He said Mexico "sends" it's rapists and criminals here as immigrants.

He called for the torture and murder of the families of terrorists.

He called for a ban on Muslims entering the country.

He called for introducing racial profiling and stop and frisk into black neighborhoods (sounds like small govt to me right!?!)

He called into the question the ability of a judge to do his job simply because of his Hispanic ancestry.

He mocked John McCain for being a prisoner of war

He mocked a disabled reporter

He mocked the family of a dead Muslim America soldier.

Thinking these things makes him (and you if you support him) a hateful piece of human shit doesn't make you a liberal, it makes you a decent human being.

He said Mexico "sends" it's rapists and criminals here as immigrants.

He called for the torture and murder of the families of terrorists.

He called for a ban on Muslims entering the country.

He called for introducing racial profiling and stop and frisk into black neighborhoods (sounds like small govt to me right!?!)

He called into the question the ability of a judge to do his job simply because of his Hispanic ancestry.

He mocked John McCain for being a prisoner of war

He mocked a disabled reporter

He mocked the family of a dead Muslim America soldier.

Thinking these things makes him (and you if you support him) a hateful piece of human shit doesn't make you a liberal, it makes you a decent human being.

Then he says he doesn't mind Obama. This guy doesn't know what the hell he's on about.

Then he says he doesn't mind Obama. This guy doesn't know what the hell he's on about.

It's sad people that ignorant can even vote and affect the future of this country when they treat that responsibility like they are voting for fucking American Idol.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is an entire generation of entitled assholes like Palmer and some of the idiots in here who throw away their vote on Trump "4 the lulz" because their privelaged asses have nothing to lose.

Jigorath

Banned

So you don't mind Obama but prefer Trump to Hillary?

You don't seem like you know anything about these candidates.

dLMN8R

Considering that Palmer Luckey is directly supporting people who made Phil Fish's live a living hell (GamerGate), why the fuck wouldn't they drop support like this?

Actions have consequences. Good riddance.

psyfi

Banned
Considering that Palmer Luckey is directly supporting people who made Phil Fish's live a living hell (GamerGate), why the fuck wouldn't they drop support like this?

Good point. A lot of the shitlord momentum gained in the GG harassment campaigns has shifted focus to supporting Trump through harassment and memes with middle school humor.

Wow, I didn't even think of that. Still can't believe how that all unfolded

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
It was never announced for the Oculus Rift (and HTC Vive) to begin with. How do you cancel something that doesn't exist?

It was never announced for the Oculus Rift (and HTC Vive) to begin with. How do you cancel something that doesn't exist?

They had planned to support Oculus by eventually porting over their game to the platform. They no longer plan to support Oculus. They have cancelled that support. I don't see what's so hard to understand?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member

That's a crazy good point lameinator
What a saga

Just pure drama

Boney

Banned
Even Bill O'Reily had to tell trump to his face that his deportation plan was moronic as it would take decades and billions of dollars to do individual household checks.

There's not one person that doesn't work for him that doesn't think he's not only a freeloading narcissist, he's a useless sack of skin that has no place running for president with his political and diplomatic knowledge he has. If you're voting for him, even if you've voted republican for 40 years, you're one class A moron that is self sabotaging their future.

Democracy at its finest.

" If you are a voting citizen of the United States, please remember to register and make your voice heard this November 8th. Do not let bigotry, white supremacy, hate and fear win."

Hilary has referred to black men as "super predators," she voted to build a wall between Mexico and the US (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlFi0QUboxs) , she's said before she's against ILLEGAL immigration and has spewed much the same things that Trump has, yet people ignore that in the media and now instead of people bashing trump they are starting to lambast and bash the people voting for him or supporting him.

I have no horses in this race, both candidates are terrible imo and I will be voting for neither of them.

It just sickens me how far some people are taking each side so extremely just constantly attacking each other while both of them are going to do nothing to help the people that need help or do what they say (when's the last time we had a president that did anything they said they would and didn't simply tote the line? JFK or Reagan maybe.

Sometimes I feel like only a few of us can simply step back from this, see how both sides lie and have 0 intentions of doing anything really good meanwhile most people seem so caught up in republican vs democrat drama that they'd rather fight and bicker at each other shouting which one is "Better" rather then helping make sure someone decent might actually get elected or have a chance.
Sorry but fuck having a republican - one of the most dangerous organizations today as they deny climate change, rely on racist/biggotted rethoric and are the reason why America is so far behind in education and health services - be the ones in charge of nominating the Supreme Court, that'll drive back civil liberties 40 years back. Especially if that one is Trump.

Democrats are neoliberal centrists but at least they're a political party instead of a criminal organization.

ArtHands

They had planned to support Oculus by eventually porting over their game to the platform. They no longer plan to support Oculus. They have cancelled that support. I don't see what's so hard to understand?

Is there any proof that says they were planning to support Oculus before? Honest question, because I have been googling around and every link says its a PSVR exclusive.

Is there any proof that says they were planning to support Oculus before? Honest question, because I have been googling around and every link says its a PSVR exclusive.

They said they are canceling plans to support Oculus. It stands to reason that this means that, at some point, there were plans for them to support Oculus? Or are you suggesting that they are lying for attention?

robotrock

Banned
It was never locked down to PSVR, it was kind of an open thing. Find the Giant Bomb quick look with a Phil Fish, he mentions they were possibly looking into "other VR platforms" for it, and well, there's really only two other mainstream ines.

I hope everyone else drops Oculus support

C'mon dude. Now I know I'm not the biggest fan of VR but I would hate that Palmer Luckey's actions would affect the hard working folks of OR and its consumers. Those particular people shouldn't suffer because of this.

robotrock

Banned
C'mon dude. Now I know I'm not the biggest fan of VR but I would hate that Palmer Luckey's actions would affect the hard working folks of OR and its consumers. Those particular people shouldn't suffer because of this.
They still need to drop him before I even think about buying those Touch controllers.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Then he should be fired and completely disassociated from the company in every way.

That's about the only way they'll win anyone back.

ArtHands

They said they are canceling plans to support Oculus. It stands to reason that this means that, at some point, there were plans for them to support Oculus? Or are you suggesting that they are lying for attention?

I am not using conjecture here. Fact is the game is cancelled for a platform that it wasn't announced, hinted or rumored to be coming to.

You do know his tactic to get Mexico to pay for the wall is to cancel all visas until they pay, right? Yes, his plan is literally going to hurt legal immigration.

Sadly it's not that surprising to me anymore. Not surprised that so many people that stick to the gaming side exclusively share the same kind of insulated, ignorant world view as Palmer and his shithead alt-right friends.

Yeah, those people haven't disappeared, they've just learnt to keep their mouths shut, stick to subjects that won't get them banned and vent on their "safe space" websites. You still get a few who accidentally slip up and expose themselves for what they really are but there's no way that's all of them.

Ignoring the dumb game you're playing, do you actually believe this wasn't going to be on other platforms at a later date?

Not ignoring the dumb game you're playing, why don't you just say "I think they're lying for X reasons even though their last game was eventually ported to all relevant platforms."

ArtHands

Ignoring the dumb game you're playing, do you actually believe this wasn't going to be on other platforms at a later date?

Not ignoring the dumb game you're playing, why don't you just say "I think they're lying for X reasons even though their last game was eventually ported to all relevant platforms."

They didn't announced it anywhere. They said its build from the ground up for PSVR. So i don't think why I should expect it to come to other platforms based on what they said.

They didn't announced it anywhere. They said its build from the ground up for PSVR. So i don't think why I should expect it to come to other platforms based on what they said.

They were planning to eventually bring it to Oculus, now they are not. That's what their statement says. Like, do you think games and plans only exist from the point they are officially announced? It stands to reason that considering how small the audience for VR is, an indie developer is going to try and get it on as many platforms as possible. Not sure why you insist on trying to cast aspersions on them. If you think they are bullshitting come out and say it.

MUnited83

For you.

It was clearly going to be on Oculus and it isn't anymore, so it pretty clear with will be a SteamVR title.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
This really sucks as an owner of the headset. Luckey's unacceptable behavior has basically torpedoed the employees of Oculus and all owners of the headset. His shit behavior is screwing people over now.

Feel like it's time to ditch this thing and move over to the Vive. :-/

Just because something hasn't been announced doesn't mean it isn't in development. It's really not that difficult to put that together

It's impossible to own it on anything but the X360, it was there exclusively with no plans to bring it out on any other platforms.
I can't tell if this is a joke or not

Bookoo

On Giantbomb Phil Fish was asked if they were bringing to other platforms and he said they want to but right now they are 100% focused on the PSVr version.

It waa likely going to come to the platform and I don't think they can restrict rifts but you just buy it through Steam instead of Oculus home.

jediyoshi

They said its build from the ground up for PSVR. So i don't think why I should expect it to come to other platforms based on what they said.

..PSVR doesn't have any magical features exclusive to itself. These are VR platforms. You're a victim of PR speak.

Top Bottom