• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERHYPERCUBE cancels Oculus support

AHA-Lambda

So was Luckey just supporting Trump, or was he supporting white supremacists? And no, they're not synonymous phrases.

nsr.gif

So was Luckey just supporting Trump, or was he supporting white supremacists? And no, they're not synonymous phrases. Just because I prefer Trump to Hillary (honestly both arent that great) doesn't mean I'm a racist. Curious as to exactly who Luckey supported

Between the 3 threads on this topic there's like 100 pages worth of posts and information you could read up on if you are sincerely asking, which I doubt you are.

And yes, supporting Trump is synonymous with supporting white supremacy, along with bigotry, fear mongering and ignorance. Guess where that leaves you?

I'll try again.

Do you tell adults who are learning long division that they are stupid?

I will also try again: what the hell is wrong with you that you think being a white supremacist is comparable to something value-neutral like learning division?

Just because I prefer Trump to Hillary (honestly both arent that great) doesn't mean I'm a racist.

It just means you are willing to publicly state your preference for and support of a person who is an active, unapologetic white supremacist and who uses his public face to encourage racial violence against non-whites.

vulva

I will also try again: what the hell is wrong with you that you think being a white supremacist is comparable to something value-neutral like learning division?

It just means you are willing to publicly state your preference for and support of a person who is an active, unapologetic white supremacist and who uses his public face to encourage racial violence against non-whites.

I've seen him definitely say some xenophobic and backwards comments, obviously everyone has, but you've got me curious now. You say he's an unapologetic white supremacist. That tells me that he's outright stated that without any inferring required. I can't seem to find that exact quote online though, I'm probably searching for it incorrectly. I would love to see this so I can bring it up if I hear someone voice favour for Trump. Link?

I've seen him definitely say some xenophobic and backwards comments, obviously everyone has, but you've got me curious now. You say he's an unapologetic white supremacist. That tells me that he's outright stated that without any inferring required. I can't seem to find that exact quote online though, I'm probably searching for it incorrectly. I would love to see this so I can bring it up if I hear someone voice favour for Trump. Link?

Hahaha. Doing this shit with a mod?

It's like the purge up in Gaf today.

vulva

^^^^ edit: regarding this, I'm asking for something that isn't dependent on being inferred though. Calling someone unapologetic means that there's no room for interpretation, rather they boldly present it directly. Not through metaphor or simile.

Hahaha. Doing this shit with a mod?

It's like the purge up in Gaf today.

I don't get what's wrong with asking this question.

As a Canadian who's currently living in the US I can't vote but want to be educated in towards the election and be able to back up my statements. I generally avoid making bold claims until I can verify them, so I would love having this to make any discussion I have irrefutable if someone accuses me of hyperbole.

How is trying to be more educated and informed "doing this shit"?

psyfi

Banned
Trump's racist and xenophobic platform speaks for itself. Very, very loudly. Dude could hold a neon RACISM, WOOHOO sign and it wouldn't be anymore obvious than it already is.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
^^^^ edit: regarding this, I'm asking for something that isn't dependent on being inferred though. Calling someone unapologetic means that there's no room for interpretation, rather they boldly present it directly. Not through metaphor or simile.

yeah I edited it out. I'm not cherry picking Trump quotes and having you pick it apart in your "just asking questions" way. I think you know what you're doing here.

As a Canadian who's currently living in the US I can't vote but want to be educated in towards the election and be able to back up my statements. I generally avoid making bold claims until I can verify them, so I would love having this to make any discussion I have irrefutable if someone accuses me of hyperbole.

You're clearly being intentionally obtuse. Anyone with a bare minimum understanding of racial issues and Trump's campaign should be able to clearly see both the racist rhetoric and policies put forth. To demand a clear statement by Trump in support of white supremacy is to grossly misunderstand the tactics and mayors of white supremacy.

And no, it's not my job to educate you on these things. You have access to Google.

psyfi

Banned
Unapologetic can also mean doing harm repeatedly without remorse, accountability, or integrity. Trump in a nutshell.

That's not what unapologetic means.

vulva

That's not what unapologetic means.

Shit, that's how I took it. What part did I get wrong?

To everyone else, I'm not a Trump supporter. Jesus, I just want some actual sources to help me understand things better instead of jumping on offhand comments. If you can provide me with sources and quotes instead of stray comments then it can help out.

psyfi

Banned
To everyone else, I'm not a Trump supporter. Jesus, I just want some actual sources to help me understand things better instead of jumping on offhand comments. If you can provide me with sources and quotes instead of stray comments then it can help out.
just google literally any interview with him since he announced his candidacy

Shit, that's how I took it. What part did I get wrong?

Again, it's not our job to make sure you're not a dumbass. A quick google search can provide you with numerous articles about the inherent racism of Trump's campaign.

vulva

Again, it's not our job to make sure you're not a dumbass. A quick google search can provide you with numerous articles about the inherent racism of Trump's campaign.

You're right, it's not your job. I guess it's a bad idea to ask for information if you're unclear or uncertain of claims since all I'm getting is negativity for asking.

Boney

Banned
Awesome to hear

Edit: vulva is one of GAF champions so get out with your harrasment.
But Tramp is a lunatic that lashes out at anybody contrarian to him and has the same attention span of a dog. He's a textbook demagogue and he preys on people's insecurity and worries by using a scapegoat to lunch himself politically. He has no real economic plans other than lower taxes for big businesses and scale back on federal investment. He's a lunatic where the whole world and scientific communities think it could lead to major global turmoils because of his idiocy.

He's a full rascist, with giving shit to Obama to deligitimize the first black president, pander to Islamophobia and fan the flames of white supremacy with relation with white supremacist groups. This is a horrible social issue that tramples on people's rights, but I don't understand why Americans are so hung up on this aspect to the point where everything else flies under the radar, which are a lot more vile elements to a political figure personally speaking.

So yeah fuck trump and any of his brain dead supporters

psyfi

Banned
You're right, it's not your job. I guess it's a bad idea to ask for information if you're unclear or uncertain of claims since all I'm getting is negativity for asking.
Either you're arguing about something you know nothing about or you're being intellectually dishonest. Either way, stahp

vulva

Either you're arguing about something you know nothing about or you're being intellectually dishonest. Either way, stahp
I'm not arguing though, I'm asking for information and I'm being accused of doing some shit and/or being told not to be a retard.
Here's a Reddit megapost on all the garbage Trump and his team have said, along with supporters to confirm without a doubt about his bigoted/racist/fascist/etc campaign.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrum...final_response_to_the_tell_me_why_trump_is_a/

Thank you, I know there's a fuckton of subreddits out there so I wouldn't know where to look. This is great though, gonna look through it now.

Absolutely ridiculous, I love how people are saying trump is some white supremacist. Have you ever heard Hilary talk to a black person. She talks down to them like she has to chafe her speech patterns so they can understand them.

She is so far removed from actual society, boggles my mind people support her. Good luck with all that change when Hilary is in office lol

Absolutely ridiculous, I love how people are saying trump is some white supremacist. Have you ever heard Hilary talk to a black person. She talks down to them like she has to chafe her speech patterns so they can understand them.

She is so far removed from actual society, boggles my mind people support her. Good luck with all that change when Hilary is in office lol
And Trump is going to be any better?

psyfi

Banned
I'm not arguing though, I'm asking for information and I'm being accused of doing some shit and/or being told not to be a retard.
If your goal was to get information about one of the leading candidates for the presidency of the United States, you could have tried doing a little googling instead of stubbornly derailing this thread.

Makai

I think they have an exclusive deal with Sony. At least that's what it sounded like when he interviewd with Giant Bomb.

vulva

^^^^^ They have temp exclusivity if I remember right, and had intentions of then releasing on other platforms once that deal ended.

If your goal was to get information about one of the leading candidates for the presidency of the United States, you could have tried doing a little googling instead of stubbornly derailing this thread.
I don't want to further derail then, so I'll just thank Messofanego for providing me with a wealth of links and information. I'll also apologize for asking for information from anyone else, since that seemed to be a bad call.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

You have to be aware that by whatever metric you can declare Hillary removed from actual society, Trump would fare many times worse.

ar4757

Between the 3 threads on this topic there's like 100 pages worth of posts and information you could read up on if you are sincerely asking, which I doubt you are.

And yes, supporting Trump is synonymous with supporting white supremacy, along with bigotry, fear mongering and ignorance. Guess where that leaves you?

A Republican? Trump visited my city last week and practically the whole town was there.
Guess we're all a bunch of racists. Even though I have multiple black friends. And Hispanics. If wanting to stop illegal immigration makes him racist, then I don't know what to say.

Also, it was funny, Newt Gingrich walked in before Trump at the event and said "Hey all you deplorables" which was hilarious. Hillary has called half the American public "bad", essentially. That's more than Trump has, for certain.

vulva

Briarios

I love this quote:

"This backlash is nonsense," said James Green, co-founder of VR developer Carbon Games. "I absolutely support him doing whatever he wants politically if it's legal. To take any other position is against American values."

Wait ... so, him doing what he wants with his money is ok -- but, everyone else doing what they want with their companies and money is against American values? WTF? How does that make any sense?

A Republican? Trump visited my city last week and practically the whole town was there.
Guess we're all a bunch of racists. Even though I have multiple black friends. And Hispanics. If wanting to stop illegal immigration makes him racist, then I don't know what to say.

Also, it was funny, Newt Gingrich walked in before Trump at the event and said "Hey all you deplorables" which was hilarious. Hillary has called half the American public "bad", essentially. That's more than Trump has, for certain.

Yes, you are a bunch of racists, among other things. Literally playing the "my best friends are..." card also proves you are pretty far up your own ass.

Stiler

Democracy at its finest.

" If you are a voting citizen of the United States, please remember to register and make your voice heard this November 8th. Do not let bigotry, white supremacy, hate and fear win."

Hilary has referred to black men as "super predators," she voted to build a wall between Mexico and the US (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlFi0QUboxs) , she's said before she's against ILLEGAL immigration and has spewed much the same things that Trump has, yet people ignore that in the media and now instead of people bashing trump they are starting to lambast and bash the people voting for him or supporting him.

I have no horses in this race, both candidates are terrible imo and I will be voting for neither of them.

It just sickens me how far some people are taking each side so extremely just constantly attacking each other while both of them are going to do nothing to help the people that need help or do what they say (when's the last time we had a president that did anything they said they would and didn't simply tote the line? JFK or Reagan maybe.

Sometimes I feel like only a few of us can simply step back from this, see how both sides lie and have 0 intentions of doing anything really good meanwhile most people seem so caught up in republican vs democrat drama that they'd rather fight and bicker at each other shouting which one is "Better" rather then helping make sure someone decent might actually get elected or have a chance.

psyfi

Banned

Drumming up fear to violently persecute immigrants, refugees, and US-born Muslims and latinos. Advocating for increased prison sentences and stop and frisk harassment against black people, as well as calling for both state and citizen violence against black lives matter. Not to mention the numerous sexist, queerphobic, classist, and environmentally terrifying statements he's made. Trump isn't just a racist, he's a shitstain of a human being. Anyone who supports him has really shitty values.

ar4757

Yes, you are a bunch of racists, among other things. Literally playing the "my best friends are..." card also proves you are pretty far up your own ass.

Far from my best friends but I do talk to multiple 5 times a day and they would call me their friend, so whatever.

Also one of my white friends is a huge Trump supporter and they're friends with him too. Who could imagine there's more to relationships than politics?

Jumeira

Banned
I love this quote:

"This backlash is nonsense," said James Green, co-founder of VR developer Carbon Games. "I absolutely support him doing whatever he wants politically if it's legal. To take any other position is against American values."

Wait ... so, him doing what he wants with his money is ok -- but, everyone else doing what they want with their companies and money is against American values? WTF? How does that make any sense?
Will not buy anything from Carbon games. Support for greater discrimation and racism, within the boundaries of the law doesn't make this any less disgusting then outright racism. Such irrational hate for other humans cannot be supported in any form.

Your not only a racist but your reckless and narrow minded, the cost of obtaining a hard line stance against illegal immigrants with Trump is outright discrimination for non whites all over, which you'll accept as it's not a major issue for you. Because, race discrimation is acceptable if it means tighter borders? How can that be, on any terms ok? The deal is far worse with Trump than Hillary

psyfi

Banned
It just sickens me how far some people are taking each side so extremely just constantly attacking each other while both of them are going to do nothing to help the people that need help or do what they say (when's the last time we had a president that did anything they said they would and didn't simply tote the line? JFK or Reagan maybe.

Sometimes I feel like only a few of us can simply step back from this, see how both sides lie and have 0 intentions of doing anything really good meanwhile most people seem so caught up in republican vs democrat drama that they'd rather fight and bicker at each other shouting which one is "Better" rather then helping make sure someone decent might actually get elected or have a chance.
Dude, get off your high horse. Plenty of people have major critiques of Hillary. She's a lukewarm candidate at best and a morally void war criminal at worst, but she's the god damn Dalai Lama next to Donald Trump. The fact that US democracy is so half-baked is a whole nother conversation.

MUnited83

For you.
I didnt read much on the Palmer Luckey thread other than that he was supporting some sort of white supremacist group

But then this quote from this thread says

So was Luckey just supporting Trump, or was he supporting white supremacists? And no, they're not synonymous phrases. Just because I prefer Trump to Hillary (honestly both arent that great) doesn't mean I'm a racist. Curious as to exactly who Luckey supported
The only difference between supporting Trump and supporting white supremacists is the "s" at the end of "supremacists".

You're no real friend to them then. Sorry.

I love this quote:

You know, American values. Like racism.

This isn't just him donating to Trump, as cringey as that would be. This is him secretly donating to a white supremacy group that literally "shitposts", gloating about it later, then when called out on it, lying about it.

Far from my best friends but I do talk to multiple 5 times a day and they would call me their friend, so whatever.

Also one of my white friends is a huge Trump supporter and they're friends with him too. Who could imagine there's more to relationships than politics?

You're a shitty friend then. Also the idea that having minority friends exempts you from being a racist is laughable. They may be your "friends" but if you support Trump you clearly don't respect them.

Top Bottom